• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with my Diamond Team

PBJTzendriod

Ruler Of Zendriod
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
Well Im not sure what i should put 4 my diamond team... i have 0 badges and im in Orgeburg City...

Pokemon
Shinx 4
Monferno 15

Give me feed back and tell me what i should do. (sorry for spelling errors)

Anti

return of the king
Years
You definitely need more information in this; at the very least, current and/or planned movesets need to be added. It's a little bit vague right now.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
It would be better if you post it late-game, or somewhere you already have considerable progress already, like before Sunyshore or E4.

well, if you still want:

Infernape
- Close Combat/ Mach Punch (whichever you prefer. Infernape is already pretty speedy, so anything would go first. I just love the accuracy of Mach Punch)
- Flare Blitz/ Flamethrower
- Stone Edge/ Grass Knot
- U-turn

Luxray
- Crunch
- Discharge/ Thunderbolt
- Return
- filler

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
MiltankRancher already covered Infernape and Luxray but I'd recommend Bronzong, Starraptor, Gyarados, and Garchomp for your remaining team slots. You can find Starly or Staravia pretty early in the game and it does have its uses against Gardenia and Maylene so raising it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Same deal with Bronzor too. You should be able to get the Old Rod pretty early in the game too but personally I'd wait until you got Surf and the Good Rod so you can catch a Gyarados and already have it decent off the bat, especially if you can teach it Dragon Dance and Waterfall as well not to mention Ice Fang will be crucial as well. Gible can be found in Wayward Cave near Eternia City but it evolves into Garchomp around level 48 but despite that it will be a very useful team member by that time especially if you teach it Earthquake.

Here's a few sample movesets to use.

Starraptor - Fly, Close Combat, Take Down/Return, Brave Bird

Gyarados - Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Ice Fang, Strength/Bite

Bronzong - Gyro Ball, Hypnosis/Stealth Rock, Reflect, Light Screen

Garchomp - Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Fire Fang, Swords Dance

Hope that helps.

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2012
First off, If I were you, I would grind my Shix untill it's leveling was closer to your Monferno. This will prove time consuming but worth it when you hit the E4, It helps if your not totally dependant on one pokemon. Otherwise I would nab a Machop and grind untill it's closer to Monferno and Shinx. Machop are common, but powerful. That should get you through at least the first two gyms.

Back