• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever sold a video game?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Often enough, I've meet some people who would sell a video game at a video game deal for some cash profits, or for some regular trade-in values for special deals. However, I just want to ask you all, have you ever sold a video game, whether it be an old game that you've had, or a new, recently developed game that you've had, for specific offers? Or, do you prefer to hold on to them for specific purposes? Why or Why not?

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I've sold games from when I was younger, the super cheap games based on TV shows and movies and such :p Unfortunately I sold them quite a few years ago when I only knew about GameStop for trade backs and such, so I only got like $3 for four games.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I always felt like Gamestop was trying to rip me off, so i never sold any of my games. I still have all the old PS1/PS2 classics, and I'm pretty happy i kept them (:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I've only ever sold doubles of games. :x I sold my second copy of Phoenix Wright: Justice For All to a friend because both my brother and I had the game and we didn't need to keep both. I also sold my English copy of Kingdom Hearts 3D to a friend because I already owned it in Japanese and bought the Special Edition for the extras. So I had no use for the game that came with the goodies. :P

I think that's it though. I'm very much a collector so I wouldn't want to part with any of my games. Besides, you never know if you might want to play them again.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I normally sell games that I get when they were on special and found out they weren't really good. It's normally games that have a very fun first level but then every level after that turns out to be really bad.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I only sold one game. If I am not wrong its a Sonic DS game and I completed it quickly and found it not fun at all, so I traded in for a Pokemon Diamond and paid some $20 more. Best deal ever in my opinion though...

Princess Sandshrew

PokéRespect
Years
I used to sell game often, back in the PS1 days. I used to get reasonable offers for my games then. But when I started getting next to nothing for my games (and sometimes I would regret selling a game because I would want to play it a month later) I just stopped.
I would rather keep a game that I might play later than get 1/10 of what I paid for it to go towards a new game.

Soile

Eevee Breeder
Years
You should wait until Gamestop has special trade-in offers, otherwise you get ripped off, like when I traded in my DSlite for $26 off my 3DS XL D:

I only trade in games that have no value to me. Like, American Idol Wii, Guitar Hero for DS. I may not play Portal every day, but it's staying on my shelf forever.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I almost never sell my games, but recently I was forced to when I found myself short of cash upon the release of Black 2/White 2

Sirfetch’d

I really never sell my games but give them to my friends so they can play them.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I've sold a few, but I came to regret it later. The latest one was Batman: Arkham City, which I sold for $40 because I needed the money for another game that wasn't even that good. To this day I still regret that.

Years
There've been plenty of times where I've sold my games, but I try not to unless there's trade in specials at Gamestop/EB Games. It never really bothered me to bring them in, since I always used to get free copies of different games from EA through game testing, and more often than not I'd get duplicate titles. It helped me buy my 3DS XL for $80 or so, and I might as well get something out of them rather than leaving them on the shelf to collect dust.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Only time I have sold a game was when Gamestation had an offer on to get a game cheaper if you trade a certain game in. That's how I got most of my pokemon games cheaper that in GAME.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen today
I've sold video games on numerous occasions.
For example, I sold Nintendogs a week after buying it out of curiousity, same goes for the game for Deathly Hallows part 1.
Now that I think about it, I've ended up selling all of the games I hate, albeit not within a week of purchase.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I sold a few games, the majority of them were games that I didn't want to play anymore, or lost interest. I never sell games that I love (unless if it's money emergency) because then in the future I'll rage my past self on why I sold it. xD

Majority of the games I sold in the past were sports games. xD

Years
No I haven't sold any games and would prefer not to as I intend on playing them again at some stage. I have some PS2 doubles that I would sell but the cash return would not make it worthwhile

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I've only sold games that were either so terrible I knew I'd never beat them. But for the most part, I keep all my games, even if it's a game I've beaten and doubt I ever replay. I like having a collection, and usually you don't get enough for the games you sell/trade to make much of a difference anyway.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well, to answer my own question, I don't sell video games for cash, but, only for in-store credit. But, I'd only trade it in for in-store credit, only if I feel as though my relatives have too much video games as it is (because I'd normally give them my old video games). I dunno, there's really not much profit gained for selling them for cash; I feel as though that we can get much more from credits.

Back