• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Check to see if your roleplay has been accepted! v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
~ the "Check to see" thread ~
250px-037Vulpix.png
250px-303Mawile.png

Basically, when we check the subforums (Roleplay Stage and Roleplay Casting) and there are newly submitted threads by you, we will make a new post here and state whether or not your thread was accepted.

If your thread is accepted, it will now be visible on the index and ready for people to post in. Hooray!

If your thread is denied, we may post a hint/tip on what was wrong. It's most often because of one or several of the following reasons:

- No rating? All RPs must have a rating. Re. Mem. Ber.

- Too short plot? Your background story/plot/setting should really span a couple of paragraphs. Extremely short info texts usually don't set up the RP well enough.

- Does your background actually act as background info? Does it tell your roleplayers where the roleplay takes place, what the goal or purpose of the RP is, why their character might potentially be involved...? Double-check!

This means
, don't ask the moderators via VM/PM to check your thread; if your thread doesn't show up for a while, you can check this thread to see if it was denied and what the major reason is.

If you want more detailed feedback on your thread, after it's been denied in this thread, then you can PM the moderator about it.

If your RP is denied, you may fix what I've pointed out here (or in a PM if you asked for one) and then post it in the RPS/RPC again and hope to be accepted the second time :3 Your RP is not less worthy just because it took a couple of rounds to get through- it might even be better than average since you've fixed it up!

Let's keep the PokéCommunity Roleplay Theater a place of quality, guys!​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Totodile12345's OOC thread has been moved to the Roleplay Corner and approved.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Both of alpagamer323's duplicate RPs have been denied. Please read the rules before posting. Also, you have to improve your grammar and start using a spell-check (type up the post in Word or something) if you want to host an RP.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Blaziken 15's RP is approved. The plot is very short, but I hope you have planned enough to make it roll.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Blaziken 15's OOC thread is approved.

Nakuzami's RP thread is moved to Other Roleplay and approved, since that forum needz moar luv. No, seriously, it's because the RP doesn't focus on pokémon.

Nakuzami's OOC thread is also approved.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Diamond1234's OOC/SU thread accepted.

Lynette's RP thread approved.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Lynette's OOC thread has been accepted.

killet513
's RP thread will be accepted if you VM me with a promise to add a rating as soon as the thread is up >.<
killet513's RP thread is now accepted.

Totodile12345's RP thread is denied for now. You have to describe the setting, now it's just a background story and nothing about where you'll be playing.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Marina E. Silver's RP thread and OOC thread are accepted.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
dajman1996's RP thread is accepted.

fire woven
's RP is pending... see my PM.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Royal's RP thread and OOC thread are accepted.

fire woven's RP is now accepted.
fire woven's OOC thread is also accepted.

ultragon's RP thread is denied because the plot is too short. On my screen it was just 4 lines. Compare it to most of the RPs around.

(the following is not just directed at ultragon) I think I'm gonna start being a little harder on the plot part, because there are so many RPs appearing with a story that feels like it's just haphazardly thrown together or thought+written up within a few minutes.

Before you create an RP, you have got to have an idea. Evolve that idea and ponder if it would work out as an RP. Then think about how the RP would best be played and what role you as a game master should take.

But before all this, you should ask yourself if your plot even makes sense. A horrible monster/demigod/villain has returned and wants to spread crime/murder/destroy the world? Oh, let's hand a pokémon to 10 young kids and have THEM go stop the evil! -.-' that's... not really logical unless you're making a parody-RP. Which most here aren't. Sure, you can do like this if you twist it so that it is necessary to have the trainers young and new because of their pure hearts or untouched auras or something like that. But otherwise it's pretty weird.

Now, illogical plot isn't the same as using unnatural or mysterious and thus "illogical" things to achieve an interesting/unusual plot. I don't mean to sound full of myself at all, but Darkrai's Balloon is probably an example of a simple idea with an unusual plot where some "magical" things happen.

Just... something to think about when you decide that you want to create an RP of your own. Creativity is your friend.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
TiTaN.JuStIn's RP thread is accepted.

ultragon
's RP thread is accepted.

Wasen's RP thread is denied for now. Check my PM for details.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Totodile12345's RP thread is accepted.

Wasen's RP thread is now accepted.

النار 's thread is pending until you send me a VM promising to add a rating as soon as the thread is accepted.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
FallenAngelSilver's RP is denied because the plot is too loose. Freeform RPs should have some guidelines set up, or they can easily die after a while from lack of creativity and story.

MoonstoneSkitty's RP is denied because the opening post's text is all jumbled together. It's very hard to read; you should use the ENTER key to make several paragraphs instead of one big wall of text. From what I could read with some effort, it seems like it could be accepted though. Please post it again, with proper formatting, and we'll see.

jackblaze's RP is denied. There already is a pokémon academy RP that hasn't even started yet, and they are pretty similar. And the plot for yours is pretty much non-existant. Unless an academy RP is very detailedly set up, it works the best if there is a background story to build on and having the academy as mostly a setting.

Ash_Ketchum123's RP thread is accepted. It looks awesome!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
النار 's RP thread is now accepted.

Totodile12345's OOC thread is accepted.

Makbet
's RP thread is denied for being unreadable and lacking a SU sheet. You should hit the "preview" button sometimes to check what your post looks like before posting it. Now the tags aren't closed, among other things.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
998435's RP thread is accepted.

Seraph Darkfire's RP thread is accepted. (although your SU was very short)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Seraph Darkfire's OOC thread is accepted.

Seraph Darkfire's new RP thread is pending until you VM me promising to add a rating as soon as the thread is approved.

Marina E. Silver's RP thread is accepted.

jackblaze's RP thread is pending until you VM me promising to add a rating as soon as the thread is approved.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Seraph Darkfire's RP thread is now accepted.

jackblaze's RP thread is now accepted.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Diamond1304's RP thread is accepted!

FallenAngelSilver's RP thread is denied. Because 1) you have already made an RP much like this one, 2) there's not really enough story or rules to build a roleplay on.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
TabrisNagisa's OOC thread has been accepted. (note that you may not make another out of character/discussion thread for the same RP later. You'll have to use this one then)

MoonstoneSkitty's RP thread is accepted.

Lilliana's RP thread is accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back