• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Pokemon Monotype challenge for G/S/C

Blue Screen of Death

Wait, what?
Years
Yes, this is quite similar to .:God:.'s challenge, but for Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

The rules are simple, you may only use the type you choose, with the exception of HM slaves and such (the HM slaves may not be trained). You have until the time you reach Azalea town to catch at least one pokemon of your type. Any type that has been claimed cannot be used by anyone else, unless the player drops out, and the official end of the game is beating both sets of gym leaders (Johto and Kanto) and, obviously, the elite four.

So, here is the slot list. (Note: I only included pokemon you could catch early enough in the game to qualify, but you may use any that are not listed, if you can obtain them.)

Bug: Harry blue5
Electric: Kanto
Fire:
Flying:
Ghost:
Underdude_x
Grass: Piecakeyy
Ground: Seringho
Normal: SupahFunk
Rock:
dragonqueen0210
Water: Kevmysta
Poison: Pikataro

The challenge has begun! Sign-ups are now accepted again, but please read the rules!

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
Yes, this is quite similar to .:God:.'s challenge, but for Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

The rules are simple, you may only use the type you choose, with the exception of HM slaves and such (the HM slaves may not be trained). You have until the time you reach Azalea town to catch at least one pokemon of your type.

So, here is the slot list. (Note: I only included pokemon you could catch early enough in the game to qualify, but you may use any that are not listed, if you can obtain them.)

Bug:
Electric
Fire:
Flying:
Ghost:
Grass:
Ground:
Normal:SupahFunk
Rock:
Water:

Question: can the same type be used more than once? (e.g. u already picked normal, can I use normal as well?) Otherwise, I feel like the challenge is pretty limited. Otherwise, I find it pretty simple to understand. I'm not gonna pick a type yet, however.

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
Can I do two type challenges. One game for Bug-Mono. And another for Fire-Mono.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
I was going to make a Monotype Challenge for G/S/C. D=

Oh well, I'll take the Water position and I'll be playing on Gold. =D

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 1, 2014
I too am thinking about doing the water type as well but I am going to play Silver rather than Gold. Might as well do this since I have some time on my hands and my emulator lost the save states for Silver and Red.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Wow! This thing is really catching on! Good luck to everyone.

P.S. You guys can use the userbars I made for the R/B/Y Monotype challenge if you like. :D (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=151829)

Or even better I could do you some G/S/C versions with Generation II Pokémon - then peeps will be able to tell the difference.

Last edited:

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Here are your userbars - get them while they're hot! (Please put them in your sigs - I put time into them. :D)

monotype2bugxi0.png

monotype2electricnh1.png

monotype2fireob0.png

monotype2flyingjd5.png

monotype2grasscn8.png

monotype2groundeo3.png

monotype2normalac0.png

monotype2rockob2.png

monotype2waterxy2.png

Don't forget to put a link to this thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=3906661) on them too! Good luck to everyone.

(*Goes back and continues with R/B/Y challenge*)

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
Pokemon Monotype Challenge for G/S/C

STARTING GAME TIME: 0:00
DAY OF THE WEEK: THURSDAY
TIME OF DAY: DAY

I chose Totodile as my starter and went on the long journey to Mr. Pokemon's house. Totodile got to Lv. 7 by the time I reached his house, Mr. Pokemon gave me the Mystery Egg and told me to take it to Prof. Elm.

Upon leaving the house I got a call from Prof. Elm, he told me to get back to the lab as fast as I could. So, I went on my to the lab at double time and just outside Cherrygrove City I ran into a tall red head boy who challenged me to a battle.
My Lv. 8 Totodile defeated his Lv. 5 Chikorita with much ease and with that stepping stone crossed I was back on track to the lab.

I burst through the doors of the lab and ran up to Prof. Elm who was talking to a Police Officer. The Police Officer asked me if I had seen a tall boy with red hair.
I told him about the boy I battled on my way back to the lab and found out his name was Silver. The Officer thanked me for the help and left in a hurry.

I asked Prof. Elm if he was ok and quickly remember the egg that Mr. Pokemon had given me. I handed the egg to Prof. Elm who took a moment to examine it.
He told me he'd have to investigate further if he was to unlock its mysteries.

Prof. Elm then noticed how well Totodile and I were getting on and he said that I should take the Pokemon League Challenge. I accepted and he pointed me towards the closest Gym, in Violet City.

I got some Pokeballs from the Aide at the lab and said goodbye to my mum, before heading off on my Pokemon Journey. I battled a handful of trainers on my way to Violet City and by the time I got there Totodile was at Lv. 11. I decided to rest at the Pokemon Centre and explore the city later on.

FINISHING GAME TIME: 0:34

Current Party
Totodile
Level 11
Moves: Scratch, Growl, Rage

Last edited:

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
I'll be using a ROM to speed up the process. Okay. It's time to play! (I'll be playing on a Gold ROM)

STARTING TIME: 0:00
TIME OF DAY: MORN

Choose name as GOLD. Take Totodile as my Starter. Get's ELM's Phone Number. Recieves a potion from the slave... I mean assistance! Find potion and Berry in Route 29. Reiceves MAP CARD from the Old Man. Finds Berry. Goes to bald man in building and recieves a Berry. Finds PSNCUREBERRY. Get's Mystery Egg and PokéDex. SAves and faces Rival. Somehow wins and Totodile inccreases a level (Curses!). Calls Rival 'SILVER'. Gets 5 Poké Balls. Catches Caterpie. Saves game. Heals Caterpie. Equips Berry to Caterpie. Runs out of Berrys! Saves Game. Trains on Metapods (Why didn't I think of this before?). Get's to level 7and evolves. Saves game.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years

STARTING GAME TIME: 0:34

After a few hours at the Pokemon Centre I decided it was time to explore Violet City. The first place of interest I found was Sprout Tower, which was located in the northern area of the city.
I went in to get a better look and found out that the tower was actually home to a group of Monks who were all Pokemon Trainers.

I battled my way up the tower, defeating Bellsprout after Bellsprout which let Totodile gain a great deal of levels.
I finally reached the top floor and was on my way to see the head Monk, when all of sudden I ran into Silver. I knew it was him that had stolen the Pokemon from Prof. Elm and was about to challenge him to a battle, but he used an escape rope and in an instant he vanished.

I decided to not let Silver's escape get me down, I talked to the head Monk... Sage Li. He told me that only a truly caring Pokemon Trainer deserved to have Pokemon. He challenged me to a battle and I won... not only with raw power, but also with great intellect.
He confided in me a Hidden Machine called Flash, he told me it could light a whole cave if a Pokemon was to use it... but he said that I need the badge from the Violet City Gym before that was possible.

Therefore I was off to the Gym, apparently the Trainers within the Gym used Flying Type Pokemon. I took a deep breath and entered the Gym...
The first two trainers were easy, Totodile's training with the Monks at Sprout Tower had made him more than capable of dispatching Falkner's patsies.

Falkner, the Gym Leader, was slightly more difficult. His Pidgey quickly fell to the power of my Totodile, but then he sent out a Pokemon that I had never seen before. It was Pidgey's evolved form, Pidgeotto.
Falkner's new Pokemon put up quite a fight, but in the end Totodile came out victorious and I was awarded with the Zephyr Badge and a Technical Machine called Mud-Slap.

Upon leaving the Gym I got a call from Prof. Elm, he said that he had discovered everything he could about the egg and had sent his Aide to bring it to me.
I met the Aide at the Pokemon Centre and gratefully took the egg, but I was much to busy to hatch an egg and so I decided to leave it in the PC.

I decided to have another rest at the Pokemon Centre, after my long day of battling, before heading south to Union Cave and then onwards to Azalea Town for my second Gym Badge.

FINISHING GAME TIME: 0:51

Current Party
Totodile
Level 16
Moves: Scratch, Growl, Rage, Water Gun

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years

STARTING GAME TIME: 0:51
DAY OF THE WEEK: FRIDAY
TIME OF DAY: NIGHT

I can't be stuffed doing the long detailed updates because I'm lazy.

All I really did anyway was head south to Route 32 and caught a Wooper, which I trained on the Trainers between Violet City and Union Cave.

FINISHING GAME TIME: 2:07
DAY OF THE WEEK: FRIDAY
TIME OF DAY: NIGHT

Current Party
Totodile
Level 16
Moves: Scratch, Growl, Rage, Water Gun

Wooper
Level 14
Moves: Water Gun, Tail Whip, Slam

Last edited:

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
Years
Where is the love for the poison types, I'm pretty sure you can catch Weedles on Route 30 (between Cherrygrove and Violet City.

killer-g

S to the o
Years
I ground want to claim ground I will be playing crystal yes phanpy

Last edited:
Back