• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Which browser sucks?

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Nov 7, 2012
Hi everyone,
I think Opera is not up to the standard when we consider to other browsers, its bit slow and not user friendly as well. Sometimes it comes up with minor error messages. So according to your opinion which is the worst browser?

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Internet Explorer. It's so slow, when you click on a link it makes a new browser instead of tab and doesn't respond sometimes.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Internnet Explorer, mainly because it's so slow. I can't handle a slow browser, so Firefox and really any other browser for that matter, trumps IE.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
IE is the obvious answer but I'll go for my least favorite of the browsers I use.

I'm not a huge fan of Firefox. My chrome has always been faster, even with more tabs and more windows, and seemed sleeker. The only reason I keep Firefox as a browser I use is because I'm using all the bookmark spots on my toolbar on Chrome for websites, so I put my RSS feeds on Firefox.

Zet

Years
IE9 and 10 are actually good browsers, but anything under 9 was terrible. As for me my vote goes towards Opera, it has always been slow for me and takes ages to load a web page.

Years
All I know, I think Internet explorer is the worst. Not only slow, but this browser theme or appearence aren't pretty good on my eyes.

Years
IE9 and 10 are actually good browsers, but anything under 9 was terrible. As for me my vote goes towards Opera, it has always been slow for me and takes ages to load a web page.

This. It's clunky and slow. They insist on trying out gimmicky features rather than focusing on usability.

The other one I don't like is Mozilla FatFox. Like Opera, its interface has adapted rather poorly to current standards. People complain about IE9 because it looks different, but for all intents and purposes, it's better and uses the space more efficiently.

Krome4Lyf!!1!!1! :P

Zet

Years
If you going to say IE, please provide a legitimate reason. Saying it's slow and clunky, and doesn't have a good rendering engine is complete ********. Learn to use IE9/10, and then come back and provide an answer... and that answer would be that it's great.

mikey

Discord Lead
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
IE really isnt THAT bad guys. I mean it does suck, but if I were stuck with it I could get stuff done. As for the worst? I dont really know, I have firefox and love it and never tried Chrome.

Years
I'm gonna be different and say that Safari for Windows is horrible because it's coded terribly and the windows have constant graphical errors, and that Chrome is very laggy in the video rendering realm, making it a distant second (and it seems to have had a fair few issues regarding Flash Player in the past couple of months). Opera's mouse gestures aren't even explained... they're just enabled by default, and that can be a pain at times, so that's third, simply because of user-friendliness. IE9 is easy to use, but because it's IE, it's horribly targeted by malware and the like, making it not terribly secure. Firefox isn't really any better than the rest, though. It's horribly sluggish because of its memory leaks and the like.

For perspective, I have to use a pool of browsers to get the things I do done because of each browser's disadvantages making it difficult to do certain things on each one.

Zet

Years
I'm gonna be different and say that Safari for Windows is horrible because it's coded terribly and the windows have constant graphical errors, and that Chrome is very laggy in the video rendering realm, making it a distant second (and it seems to have had a fair few issues regarding Flash Player in the past couple of months). Opera's mouse gestures aren't even explained... they're just enabled by default, and that can be a pain at times, so that's third, simply because of user-friendliness. IE9 is easy to use, but because it's IE, it's horribly targeted by malware and the like, making it not terribly secure. Firefox isn't really any better than the rest, though. It's horribly sluggish because of its memory leaks and the like.

For perspective, I have to use a pool of browsers to get the things I do done because of each browser's disadvantages making it difficult to do certain things on each one.
Actually IE9 blocks 96.6% of malware, while firefox and chrome block under 5% of malware.

http://www.neowin.net/news/study-ie9-blocks-more-malware-than-other-web-browsers

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
IE was an okay browser...until today. I despise it and I hate the fact that I have to use it to access the internet at the college computers. They think "it's very stable" but honestly, I can't even do my damn assignments when I'm using them over there. So yes, my vote goes to IE for worst internet browser.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I'm going to be different and say Safari for Mac. I know that it's super-quick and amazing and whatnot but... I have this intense dislike for it that probably says more about me than it does about the browser itself. For one, I really dislike its design. I find it uglier than pretty much any IE variant, and that's saying a lot. Also, every time I go into an Apple Store and am forced to use it, it just seems the most unintuitive browser to use. IE may have its legions of faults, but at least you know what you get. With Safari, it advertises complete intuitiveness, but to this day I find it ridiculously hard to use.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
Years
There was a time when FireFox was good, but at this point I think it's one of the worse.

As a side not, I'm not sure why everyone is having the problems with Opera that they are. I use a combination of both Opera and IE and have had no problems thus far.

Years
IE & Safari for Windows. They're very slow, they crash A LOT, they aren't responsive at a lot of times.

My favorite for a long time has been Firefox, However I don't exactly remember why I had to download Chrome and it blew me away! it was a lot faster and it has an absolute ease of use, they only put what the user actually needs, you don't see a billion bar on the top of the page like explorer does and it is faster than Firefox. Therefore it became my official favorite.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Safari sucked for me due to the flash player restarting every 5 minutes or so, basically ruining any chance I had at fully enjoying the music I would be listening to.

Back