• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Eclipse Version

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
Years
Take 2, people!

Introduction:

So, this is my Pokémon project, Pokémon Eclipse Version. It will be a game based in a brand-new region, with brand-new characters, brand-new places, and most importantly, brand-new Pokémon. After finding myself with nothing to do of late, I decided to take a swing at this again, this time taking my criticism into account and creating what I find are all-around better-quality (but by no means perfect) visuals.

Here's a few important things:

Program Made In: RPG Maker XP
Language: English

Story:

Long ago, a terrible flood plagued the country of Aegis. The flood was caused by a malevolent force, and was so great that it nearly destroyed the country and all life on it. However, just as Aegis seemed doomed, a legendary Pokemon Trainer called forth an ancient power. The two forces waged a great battle, and were sent into a permanent slumber afterward...or so the people thought...

You, the player, are a Trainer from the town of Yalebirth in the country of Aegis. All over the country, unnatural weather occurences are destroying cities, killing many. You travel the weather-torn region in hopes of becoming a great Pokemon Master. Along the way, you fight fearsome enemies and daunting challenges as you try to become the Champion of the Aegis region!

The people have rallied in an effort to solve this crisis, creating two Teams, Sol and Lune. The dispute on how to solve the crisis has caused the effort to be divided, as the methods which the Teams take to in order to further their ambitions vastly differ. You're sure to get caught up in the struggle between both teams.

Features:
-Not just one, but two new regions to explore! (the second is under heavy construction)

-107 new Pokémon, including 93/143 Pokémon from Kanto-Sinnoh
-the ability to (eventually) capture all 600 Pokemon

-10 gyms instead of the usual 8 (perhaps even more)
-An group of Elite Four that each handle 3 different teams based on one type (although the Champion's party is the same regardless of which Elite Four path you take)
-At least 2 rivals
-Two new teams; Sol and Lune
-An in-depth storyline
-Complex dungeons, vast landscapes, and challenging puzzles!
-An improved Battle Tower with much greater prizes!

A Region Map:
Spoiler:

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Videos:
Beta Test 1
Beta Test 2

Open Positions:
Scripters: In desperate need of these, as I have none, and it's what's holding me back the most in making this a truly eye-popping game.

Spriters: Also in desperate need of these, as my brand-new Pokemon ideas are rotting in the back of my brain and I need someone who can actually draw to bring them to life.

Music Helpers: I need a lot of files turned to OGG format, and a lot of remixes downloaded, as I'm going to be using a lot of past music in this, so I'd appreciate it if I can get some help here.

Other Positions: If you would like to contribute to the game in any way, feel free. I am in desperate need of help at this point, so any help is always appreciated.

Team:

Just me. I have to do everything with what little skill I have (which is why everything looks so bland and is missing so much :[)

If anyone would like to contribute, whether it be to suggest new Pokémon, suggesting ideas for the storyline, or would like to discuss or ask questions about the game with me, please add me on MSN at [email protected].

Thank you in advance.
Special Thanks To:
-The Pokémon Essentials Team

Closing Comments:
Please, I need your help to get this up and running. I know this can be a great game, but I can't do it myself. Please, help a poor, unequipped brother out! :'(

(By the way, I know I haven't put much down, but for now, I don't have much. As I get more ideas, I'll update this thread.)
~L.

Last edited:
Reactions: .

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
Well, most of the places except the place where Gary(?) is looks too empty, add something more like in the outside place add flowers or bushes or something. Also, how early can you get to the indigo plateu(or is that later in the game)? lol other then that, im looking forward to the game, the story sounds good so far I guess. Good luck making this game.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
Years
Yeah, I threw the map for the meeting place with the unkown rival together really fast, just to get the screenshot condition met. For now, I'm focusing on plot and new features more than the maps.

I only have one (good) map completed; the first town, and it's void of people.

EDIT: Forgot my praises: Hallelujiah, this got posted. :D

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I like the story. It's pretty good. But it's called Eclair? It just makes me think of dessert. XD As it's been said, the maps are really bad right now... and the characters aren't even custom. Also, you need to credit Avatar for that sprite of Will from the Elite 4.

emo_boy

king of the legendaries
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 30, 2014
hey i could do some routes or towns for you also i can edit sprites im not to good at making the battle animation stuff i can also edit ALL pokemon stats,evo's,moves & special abilitys
all of the above depends on what rom ur using as a base

Years
aw, i started making pokemon eclipse, but i guess you beat me to it lol,
i'll have to continue with my other game now lol.
Story sounds cool ^^

hey i could do some routes or towns for you also i can edit sprites im not to good at making the battle animation stuff i can also edit ALL pokemon stats,evo's,moves & special abilitys
all of the above depends on what rom ur using as a base
Btw emo_boy, this forum is for rmxp and other game makers, not rom hacking lol :P

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
Years
Massive update done after I started this thing from scratch. Took new screenshots, posted two videos, and updated information.

PLEASE HELP ME MAKE THIS BETTER! D:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
DonRoyale, the last person I expected in Game Dev. The last person I expected to say "Help me", but I'm always mistaken, so that doesn't matter!

This looks...Interesting?

The maps look bland, that I have to say.
I can help you make better maps, yeah? :D Check out my hack in my signature to see how pro my maps are

Back