• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gravitation

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
What type of people do you tend to gravitate towards?

Assume you're in a new classroom. Nobody knows eachother. People are doing their own thing before the class begins. For example, what thing would a person be doing that would inspire you to start a conversation with them? Are there any personality traits that you see in other people that instantly make you want to be their friend? And so on and so forth.

von Weltschmerz

the first born unicorn
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Tbh... if I can smell some of the herb on you... or see you smoking it, then I'll be quick to start up a convo with you, aha. They ain't nothing I like more than making more stoner friends, aha.

But with that usually comes something else that I like. A relaxed attitude that shows they enjoy life. A smile here, a laugh there. Something that lets me know they are genuine, good natured people. I don't really like the rowdy crowd... but come on, they gotta be interesting! Able to have fun even when there isn't anything "fun" to do. I think tho, above all, would be a good sense of maturity and morality. Know what is right and wrong and when it is right wrong. If I notice such about you, then I will forever be your best friend.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
Tbh... if I can smell some of the herb on you... or see you smoking it, then I'll be quick to start up a convo with you, aha. They ain't nothing I like more than making more stoner friends, aha.

Hey! Let's be frans! Stoners know stoners, and I've never met a fellow stoner who wasn't intensely amicable and willing to offer company. I give credit for all of my friendships outside of school to weed.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I avoid people I don't know. T: So I generally wouldn't talk to anyone unless they're friendly toward me and/or I've spent time around them.

Years
If I see someone with a book I'll be more attracted to that person, but I'll know that, seeing as they're reading a book in a group of people, they probably don't want to socialize so I'll give them their space. I'll keep in mind that they're a reader so that, should some conversation happen to start for some reason, I'll know that I have a good chance of not being awkward with them and having something to talk about.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
After everyone one in the room has done their "gravitating", then I'll gravitate towards whoever is left haha. I'm more of the reserved awkward type, so being with people who are like that probably works out best.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I'd just stay where I am, draw on a piece of paper and ignore everybody, and wait for them to talk to me. I'm not the conversation starter. I usually let them talk to me first. I'm not picky on who I talk to.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Nope, just sit in the back corner and pop out my DS and start playing some Pokemon games. If anyone is interested in being my friend, they're welcome. If no one talks to me, oh well, whatever 8)

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I think I'm more attracted (relatively speaking) to people that seem more focused on something rather than the ones goofing off. or doing something unproductive.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I don't think I gravitate towards anyone in particular. I try to be fair and friendly to everyone, honestly. But I guess I am drawn more to people who try to make an effort to be genuinely friendly (not fake) in return.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
This is really pathetic, but the personality trait I'd like to see is that person talking to me haha. If someone wants to talk to me then that's more than enough to get me to want to talk to them too.

Outside of that though, I think I'd gravitate toward people telling jokes or doing something nerdy like playing a 3DS.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
People would likely talk to me first as in general I'm a shy person.

Nevertheless, the trait that'd make me WANT to be friends with them is to have fun or be funny. If they look like they're having fun or are funny, then ya I want to be friends with them :3

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I don't care if the person is talking to me or not, but if I see someone talking a lot and in a group of people, I'll likely gravitate towards them. That've probably got something interesting to say which'll give some good grounds to start a conversation on.

Inversely though, and sorta weirdly I guess, if someone's not talking to anyone at but seems at least somewhat approachable, I'll talk to them too. They'd probably rather not be all on their own and it'd be an easy conversation for me to steer how I want to. Slightly manipulative side of me showing through there, haha.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I gravitate toward the people who seem similar to me, either personality wise or interest-wise if I happen to overhear their conversation (or their clothing announces it). For me, that means the people who are a bit more reserved and less rowdy, and those with big-eyed anime characters on their T-shirts lol

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
People who have a sense of humour.

Can't really put it any plainly than that. Enjoy life! Don't be so serious about things, and find time to smile, and you'll be fine~!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I wait for a person to start a conversation with me. Thats me, I am always like that, even on PC.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I never really initiate a conversation, actually. I may do something to try to get them to initiate one, but I never do it on my own. But the people that I likely want to talk to probably have something eccentric about them, like a strange hair color or dress style. Though I'm afraid I'll be rejected due to lack of "risks" on my body. No crazy hair or piercings...all the eccentric stuff about me is in the personality. lol Or if someone wears a shirt with video game characters or has some video game apparel, I'm likely to talk to them, if it's a common interest (not here for Call of Duty merch ok). And hot guys...I'd gravitate towards them if my gravitational pull didn't die when I look at them.

Oh, and I love the funny people. Usually once I feel comfortable in a classroom setting, I'm the "funny people" but I end up really wanting to talk to the funny person in class. I love making people laugh, and someone that does the same is great in my book.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Maybe that they dress properly might catch my eye, that they're nice would get me talking and share something in common would make me friends with someone xD

Back