• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Event Pokemon

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ever since early on we've had event Pokemon. This is either through official Nintendo events, going to stores and downloading an event, over Nintendo wifi, over the DW, or through another game! Do you think event Pokemon will return again in this generation? What type of events would you like to see - more of a certain type? Do you think Nintendo events/Toys R Us makes receiving the Pokemon more "authentic", and thus you'd want to see more of that? Do you want it to only be legendaries or something else? And how do you feel about receiving past Pokemon through wifi or those sort of events? FINALLY how would you feel if all the Pokemon were found in-game, and that the "event" Pokemon didn't even occur, or that they were shinies? Also do you think that they could have another purpose, like the legendary beasts in HG/SS did? Share your thoughts xoxo

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
I have never been so bothered about event pokemon, usually i wait for someone else to get it then trade it over to my game (If it's a pokmon I haven't seen) but usually I do not tend to bother with them.

As for what this years event pokemon will be? I would assume a legendary such as the main pokemon of a legendary trio or maybe a pokemon that you can already get but in a different form, such as the new eveelution from the upcoming movie or the Genesect from the upcoming movie.

This thread actually baffled me alot because I am not very familiar with event pokemon, If I can think of anything I will be sure to post!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I'd like there to be a variety of pokemon that can be event pokemon, rather than just legendary pokemon. But yeah, rarer pokemon should definitely be events. I remember that there was a primary event to get Victini in Pokemon Black and White when it first came out, so, I hope that there can be something like that again to build up the hype for X&Y!

I don't really mind that if we'd only get these events over wifi, but, yes, I'd like to see more promotions from different places, like, there has been a lot of Gamestop promotions for event pokemon lately, so, maybe there can be promotions from more places like Toys R Us, or Target, or maybe any other store that can promote these products. IMO, that'd give more fans an incentive to spend careful time on X&Y, so that they can build up their teams full of their favourite pokemon, and a given effort to "catch em' all" as it were. Plus, the battles can be quite interesting!

As for the possibility that all the pokemon can only be obtained in the wild and there won't be any promotion, I... wouldn't like that. I mean, events sort of adds to the feeling of getting exclusive rights, you know? People like that feeling that you've obtained something very rare that others wouldn't be able to obtain again. You can call that pride, I guess, but, it's a good feeling for most people.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
If anything, I'd like there to be more Wi-Fi/Mystery Gift events, as many people don't have the ability to be present for the events while they are taking places. I doubt distributing the code through Mystery Gift would be any harder than enabling it at a Gamestop or Toys R Us, so why not?

I also agree with Magmaruby, I think the Event mechanics where it enabled the islands/Navel Rock/etc. is much more interesting than being given the Pokémon straight up. I'm glad they continued it with things like the Arceus event in Heart Gold/Soul Silver to had some backstory to them as well, so a combination of the two would be cool.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I agree completely, it should honestly be worldwide instead of always restricting it to a certain place. Some countries miss out on wonderful, new Pokemon and I think they should also have the chance to receive them :3. And also, I'd like it to be similar to Gen III events, as said by others, I find it much more interesting having to go through a journey and exploring event islands, rather than just clicking the Mystery Gift option from the menu and getting your event Pokemon straightaway.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
I feel like region restricted events are a bit weird but also add a bit of flavor to the trading community. I prefer Wifi events over anything though. I'm not willing enough to go to Gamestop or wherever to pick up an event pokemon considering I never actually play ingame past beating it. I do however think it's neat to pick up a rare pokemon every once in a while through a Wifi event (i.e. Mewtwo / Darkrai / etc). That way I can one day complete my dream of finishing a Pokedex. :]

Sirfetch’d

I expect events to return but I really want a few things changed. First, I hope that all of the events are through wi-fi. As others have said it is ridiculous to have to go to a store to download a Pokemon that you will never use, and also not everyone will have access to a Gamestop or wherever the event is being held. Also I want the event to unlock island where you have to actually go and catch the Pokemon rather than it just being handed to you at a Pokemon Center. One other thing that would be nice is to have more events maybe even a weekly even where you can get a Pokemon at random with its hidden ability or with a special held item.

Student D1

De-Wott?
Years
Well, almost like what everyone has said, I'd like all of the events to be distributed through Wi-Fi. However, since this is a 3DS game, I wonder if they'll add a SpotPass feature where all Wi-Fi events are automatically downloaded into the game while the 3DS is in sleep mode. That would be great for me but it's just a thought. Plus, not everyone wants to get every event.

But anyways, back to what I've said on my first sentence, I'd like the events distributed through Wi-Fi. Not everyone has GameStop, Toys R Us, or any store that releases an exclusive event in their countries, like mine. For example, the Meloetta event. To those living in US or Canada, they'd be able to get a Meloetta by downloading it from GameStop or EBGames, whereas for people living in other countries cannot since it's only exclusive in those two countries, and they have to wait for months before it releases as a Wi-Fi event; that doesn't seem fair. So I just wish that all events are distributed through Wi-Fi for X and Y, so everyone could at least get the chance of receiving them.

And also, I was quite pleased with the events of Generation III; I get to wander around new islands and catch the Pokémon residing there, often to be a legendary. It would be wonderful to have in-game events, so we could still have a bit of adventure and curiosity.

Back