• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♀ Gender Discrimination Challenge ♂

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Gender Discrimination Challenge

That's right! We're going to discriminate against you! It's not too bad really. Just depends on the gender you decide to choose upon starting your game. I have finally decided to open this challenge up to all games now instead of just HGSS, however RBY will not be allowed to sign up, due to no genders in that game. Now for the rules...​

The Rules!
1. Your Pokemon must all be the same gender of your player, as well as match in the gender chart, which will be listed later in this post.
2. You can only use certain types of Balls to catch Pokemon. The Pokeball is fine, up until you're able to obtain the gender specific Balls. Then you should probably stop using them. A list of Balls (this feels weird saying it yes...) will be later in the post. GSC/HGSS will have the most options in this regard.
3. Depending on your gender, you can only enter certain Pokethlon events, Contests, and Frontier Facilities. Those too will be listed further down.
4. HM Slaves are allowed. Their gender does not have to match your chosen gender in any way, however do not use them in battle.
5. Genderless Pokemon are not allowed, which means most legendaries are not allowed. You may, however, have a legendary that has a gender, but you may only have one. ex: You may capture and use Latios if you are a male.
6. Trading is allowed no matter the gender of the other player, however just remember the gender chart! Make sure the Pokemon matches your gender. I don't recommend trading in an egg, as it might not hatch to be the gender you need. Traded Pokemon may disregard the Pokeball rules.
7. Speaking of trading, you are allowed to trade in evolution items or perform trade evolutions whenever you'd like. Wonder Trade is allowed, but Pokemon must still abide by the gender chart.
8. Only one Mega Stone can be held by a Pokemon per team in XY. You may switch them if you choose. ex: Having the Charizardite X on Charizard, but later taking it away and giving the Lucarionite to Lucario.
9. You don't have to sign up as your irl gender. Just whichever you would prefer to choose in-game.
10. Challenge ends after beating Rival (FRLG), Red (GSC/HGSS), Steven (RSE), Cynthia (DPPt), Ghetsis (BW), Iris (BW2), or Champion (XY).

Pokethlon Events
Female: Jump, Speed, Skill
Male: Power, Stamina, Skill

PokeBalls
Female: Dive, Friend, Heal, Love, Moon, Premier, Fast, Luxury, Quick
Male: Dusk, Level, Great, Heavy, Lure, Nest, Net, Repeat, Timer, Ultra

Battle Frontier
Female: (Gen III) Pike, Pyramind, Palace (Gen IV) Castle, Arcade, Hall
Male: (Gen III) Dome, Arena, Tower, Factory (Gen IV) Tower, Factory, Hall

Contests
Female: Cute, Beauty, Smart
Male: Tough, Cool, Smart

Musicals
Female players only! Not that you'd want to, I'm sure.

XY Events
Female: Pokemon Amie
Male: Super Training

Female Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Male Pokemon:
Spoiler:

All starters can be used as either gender, as long as their gender matches your trainer's. So yes, that means you have to SR for a female if you're playing as a female! This also includes starters given to you later in the game, if you're interested in using them.

Though you may not agree with the gender assignment, it's just how I set them. I'm aware there are more male than female. This is gender discrimination though hurr hurr.

Sign-Up Form
Username:
Game:
all you boys
Spoiler:

and all you girls
Spoiler:

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Username: KoboraX
Game: SoulSilver

Just to make my run more feminine, I'll only use feminine Pokemon like Bellossom, Togekiss and Glaceon.

Disregard that part.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
But those Pokemon are soooo pretty. I'm using Togekiss and Glaceon in my Platinum playthrough, actually. And with this challenge, I'm trying to use obviously feminine Pokemon haha. Anyway, here's my first update:

HGSS_Lass.png

Player: Alli

Spr_4h_153.png

Megan / Bayleef (f) lv. 17
Razor Leaf, Tackle, PoisonPowder, Synthesis

Oddly enough, I got a female starter right from the get go. No SRing! Yay. She beat Falkner all by herself. So strong etc. I will play more tomorrow or some time this weekend...I have a busy week ahead of me though so lol. :(

As for a story behind my trainer...uhhh...she's a...feminist? idk. lol Yeah, that's it. Set out to show the world what a girl and her girly Pokemon can do. And beat up boys. And beat up her rival Xandr. ;3 Japanese game okay character limit xoxo.

Nineray

Green Okido
Years
Username: Nineray
Game: HeartGold

Lol at least once a year i have to play through as a girl i don't know why but if i don't i seem to abandon the game (Emerald *cough*)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Started mine and did the bare minimum for the beginning.

dptr048.png

Game: Heart Gold
Player: Dovakin
158.png

Akatosh | Male | Gentle | Lv 10
Scratch, Growl, Water Gun, Rage​

Rival's name is Alduin. Seriously hope people see where the name scheme is going. XD

Only stopped cause my battery was low and I'm not near the charger.

Violet City or bust next update~

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
I really want to use Togekiss, but Togepi has a 12.5 % chance of being female upon hatching. I'm trading over a Glaceon at Lv. 6 from my Pearl and I'm gonna get Oddish in Ilex Forest with plans of evolving it into Bellossom when I get a Sun Stone. Most of the pretty team is still in progress, but it won't be the same without Togekiss :(

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
What I did for my egg in Platinum (not doing the challenge on it, but I wanted a female anyway) was save before getting it and I was gonna just rehatch it if it weren't female, but I got a female the first time. Maybe you'll luck out?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
dptr048.png

158.png

Akatosh | Male | Gentle | Lv 10
Scratch, Growl, Water Gun, Rage

41d.png

Krosis | Male | Mild | Lv 4
Leech Life

206.png

Sheogorath | Male | Serious | Lv 4
Rage​

Went to Dark cave and spent HOURS trying to find a Dunsparce. Don't ask why. I've never trained a Dunsparce before and this was the perfect excuse to catch one. I'm sad it has Runaway instead of Serene Grace though TTwTT. It was the first male in three Female encounters. While hunting for the Dunspace I managed to catch a Shiny Zubat. This sorta thing NEVER happens to me. I guess the game felt pitty for trolling me for so long.

Any way I made it to Violet City safe and sound, though I am no where near ready for the Gym so I'll be training.

Zagan

King of Demons
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
so is this challenge for male trainers to only use 'macho' type mons and female trainers to use 'pretty/cute' mons? or this just about the actual gender of the pokemon? (sorry i confuse easy)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
so is this challenge for male trainers to only use 'macho' type mons and female trainers to use 'pretty/cute' mons? or this just about the actual gender of the pokemon? (sorry i confuse easy)

Its both. Males can only use Pokemon on Syd's "male" list which can be considered the macho Pokemon. You also can only catch them with male genders. Like I cannot catch a male Pidgey since Pidgeyis on the female pokemon list.

Nineray

Green Okido
Years
Yellow_Sprite_by_Shadow_Chaos00.gif

This is Yellow

Leaf/Chikorita (f) 13
Spr_4h_152.png

Tackle Razor Leaf Synthesis Poison Powder

Butterfree 12 (f)
Spr_4h_012_m.png

Confusion Sleep Powder Stun Spore Tackle

Pidgey (f) 13
Spr_4h_016.png

Tackle Sand Attack Gust Quick Attack

Mareep (f) 12
Spr_4h_179_s.png
Almost had a heart attack when i found this shiny
Tackle Growl Thundershock

I'm at the Sprout Tower and I'm going to go and face Falkner
Story behind my character... She is looking for Red to challenge him for his old title of Kanto Champion and she wants to be a Pokeathelon star.

Last edited:

Zagan

King of Demons
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
Its both. Males can only use Pokemon on Syd's "male" list which can be considered the macho Pokemon. You also can only catch them with male genders. Like I cannot catch a male Pidgey since Pidgeyis on the female pokemon list.

Ty for clearing that one up

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Nineray OMG did you grind for your Shiny Mareep or find it randomly like I did my Zubat? Two shinies back to back in one challenge...does that even happen often? XD

Zagan, you are quite welcome. I can see why you'd be confused by that list being there XD.

Nineray

Green Okido
Years
Nineray OMG did you grind for your Shiny Mareep or find it randomly like I did my Zubat? Two shinies back to back in one challenge...does that even happen often? XD

Zagan, you are quite welcome. I can see why you'd be confused by that list being there XD.
It was completely random it was my third shiny strangely they all appeared during challenges. Except the Hoot Hoot in Gold when i had no pokeballs.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Sounds like fun.

Username: Seraphimon-sama

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
dptr048.png

Zephyr_Badge.png

158.png

Akatosh | Male | Gentle | Lv 14
Scratch, Growl, Water Gun, Rage

41d.png

Krosis | Male | Mild | Lv 10
Leech Life, Super Sonic, Astonish

206.png

Sheogorath | Male | Serious | Lv 11
Rage, Defense Curl, Yawn

69.png

Clavicus | Male | Impish | Lv 11
Vine Whip, Growth, Wrap​

It took a while to raise my team to levels I liked in order to take on the Gym Leader. First I went back to Route 31 and added a Bellsprout to my team. I haven't trained one before so I thought this was a perfect opportunity to try one out just like Dunsparce.

Once I caught Bellsprout it was on to the Ruins of the Alph to train my team. The Unown were surprisingly tough for the team at low levels but after a while my guys pulled through. I spent most of my time training in the ruins until I was satisfied with the levels I had and then went onward to Sprout Tower.

The climb of the tower was pretty uneventful. I battled the sages and that was pretty much it which was rare for me cause its usually a wild battle every 2 steps in there XD. After breezing the way up and getting to the Sage in charge, I quickly beat him and readied myself for the real challenge.

Visiting the Pokemon Center and Mart, I fully healed and stocked up on some much needed items then went on to face Falkner. Dunsparce and Zubat took out Falkner's Pidgey really easily and Totodile mopped the floor with Pidgeotto. With Zephyr in hand I'm off to Azalea.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hey guys! I'm so sorry I haven't updated the list. I've had band camp this week and I have my birthday tomorrow, so it's been very busy. A small update on my progress though, I just got my next two party members, Vulpix (Kiara) and Eevee (Anice). Bayleef (Megan) is at level 30 and I have 3 badges. Gonna work on leveling the other two up and getting a Thunder Stone asap. I will hopefully have time to play tonight. :)

And OMG Nineray, congrats! That's a great shiny. Pink <3 :3 So happy that you found a female one too! Glad you picked to do this as a girl right? XD

Back