• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prepare for Trouble ~ The Team Rocket Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years

Prepare for Trouble & Make it Double
The Team Rocket Fanclub

Team_Rocket__s_R_by_panquecito.jpg

Welcome new recruits to the best Pokemon organization there is. We were the first and we will be the last.
It's very simple, just sign up, Steal some Pokmeon, fight some children and help us take over the world.

Sign-Up Form
Username:
1 Partner Pokemon(Any Pokemon you can get your hands on):
Reason for joining:
Answer the current topic.

Members List
- Christopher
214.png

CloysterOyster
089.png

Sheep
052.png

DaReaper
469.png

Venitardus
169.png

Normal Spirit
365.png

Richard Fightmaster
109.png

Murkmire
024.png

Giovanni Boss
034.png

Mochika Rage
303.png

Current Topics
Do you prefer Team Rocket in the Anime,Games or both?
Who is your favorite Team Rocket executive?
Why is it that Team Rockets "business ventures" keep failing?
Which Generation of Team Rocket did you enjoy the most?

Last edited:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Username: CloysterOyster
Partner: Muk
Reason for joining: My favorite team of villains. Prepare for trouble and make it double.
Answer a current topic: I prefer them in the games more, especially the Johto era games. They really pushed their game then and were everywhere in Johto.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
Welcome to the team.
I do feel like they accomplished quite a bit in the 2nd generation, however I missed Giovanni . Petrel just didn't really seem as cool to me.

Years
Username: Sheep
1 Partner Pokemon(Any Pokemon you can get your hands on): Meowth
Reason for joining: Team Rocket's hands down the best villainous team ever. Not because they're the original and first evil team but because I feel like they have a lot of depth and I personally love their boss.

Proton! Cool design, very fitting for a Rocket executive. But Ariana is so pretty too.

I've grown a bit tired of the Rocket trio in the anime since they're so overused and the plots are the same, but even so I can't help but like them. They were some of my favorite characters originally so it's tough to let that go. I prefer them in the anime!

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
Welcome aboard Sheep.

I agree it's always "Let's get Pikachu" and then "we're blasting off again" but I still love them. It wouldn't be pokemon without them. I;m really glad they changed it back after the whole Unova thing, what with the black uniforms and whatnot.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 26, 2014
Username:DaReaper
1 Partner Pokemon(Any Pokemon you can get your hands on):Yanmega
Reason for joining:I WANNA BE JUST LIKE JAMES THE COOLEST POKEMON MASTER IN THE WORLD
I prefer the anime cos james was badass
Favourite had to be james with the ability to befriend any pokemon
And lastly its cos ash is jealous of James Abilities

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 26, 2014
I really like the ones which were before the unova region.
It was fun to watch them always trying to captute pikachu.
But I don't understand one thing.
Pikachu only seemed powerful because it beat them up.
Aren't there any better targets?

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
well yeah, but the Anime Rockets are there mainly for comedic relief. Their attempt to steal Pikachu is just a plot device to keep them in the show. Jessie Wobbuffet can easily take out pikachu, as we've seen in a few episodes, so it's not like Pikachu is that powerful.
Plus I think at one time they had stolen a miniature Ditto but instead of fleeing with it, they opened a sideshow and still attempted to steal Pikachu only loose Ditto.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Username: Nymphadora.
1 Partner Pokemon(Any Pokemon you can get your hands on): Dragonite.
Reason for joining: I'm a huge Team Rocket fan, and have been ever since I had first seen them in the anime.

Do you prefer Team Rocket in the Anime, Games or both?
I prefer the anime Team Rocket, as they're a little... comedic. They may not be as funny as they once were, but still. Team Rocket in-game is just way too serious.

Probably Archer, since he's pretty calm and cool.

Why is it that Team Rockets "business ventures" keep failing?
Maybe their plans weren't well thought-out? If they gave a little more effort and put some additional time into thinking them, then I'm pretty sure they would have succeeded in at least one of their business ventures. d:

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
Welcome aboard.

Bonus Topic:
Team Rocket has deployed some very creative tools,vehicles and other contraptions in their attempts to catch Pikachu. Which one is you favorite/most memorable?

Mine would have to be the simple Magikarp Submarine they used mainly in the Orange Islands.

Need a refresher on the stuff they've used? I have a list for that. :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Team Rocket has deployed some very creative tools, vehicles and other contraptions in their attempts to catch Pikachu. Which one is you favorite/most memorable?
My most favorite would definitely have to be the Meowth hot-air balloon. It made appearances in almost all seasons of Pokémon anime. Most of the time, Team Rocket blasted-off with it. Pokémon-provoker is my favorite as well. With this machine, you're able to increase a Pokémon's anger, helping it to raise its strength temporarily. Another of my favorite is vacuum car, which debuted in one of the episodes of Advance Generation series (don't exactly remember which, though).

Years
Team Rocket has deployed some very creative tools, vehicles and other contraptions in their attempts to catch Pikachu. Which one is you favorite/most memorable?

Ironically enough I just caught my brother watching a Pokemon episode on Boomerang yesterday using one of my favorite contraptions. xD;; The Meowth-bot (Mecha-Meowthinator) from the Orange Islands episode where Snorlax's Pokeball is broken is one of my favorites - that thing was severally overpowered though seemed fun to control. It wasn't the biggest invention they'd came up with but it was pretty successful on a lot of (smaller) Pokemon bar Snorlax. Basically any Meowth bot. :D

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Username: Venitardus
Partner: Crobat
Reason for joining: Team Rocket is the only team that I enjoyed. Whether it was in the anime, or battling them in the games.
Answer topic question: Team Rocket has deployed some very creative tools,vehicles and other contraptions in their attempts to catch Pikachu. Which one is you favorite/most memorable?
It has to be the meow the hot air balloon. It's classic and is in almost every episode..

Which Generation of Team Rocket did you enjoy the most?
I'd have to say the Kanto generation through the johto generation. Mainly because I grew up with that generation.

I'd have to say the anime. The ones in the game aren't like the ones in the show(obviously). And the ones in the games don't have a talking meowth. :)

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
Sign-Up Form
Username: Normal Spirit
1 Partner Pokemon: Walrein
Reason for joining: I love Team Rocket, they are hilarious and have been playing a key role in my Pokemon experience since the very beginning.

And to answer one of the current topics: I love Team Rocket in both the Anime and in the games. However, I think that Jessie, James and Meowth in the anime are unmatched in the realm of comic-relief haha :).

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 25, 2015

Partner Pokemon: Koffing

Reason for joining: Oh geez I could go on for hours. No characters in any fiction make me feel better than Team Rocket. While in the games, eh, they're ok, in the anime, they're wonderful characters. My pride and joy is an article I wrote on Wynaut? Magazine (bobandbill and Slayr231 write there as well) about why Jessie, James, and Meowth aren't the villains they're made out to be. Plus, James had a Koffing, the happiest Pokemon ever, and Jessie has Wobbuffet, the second happiest Pokemon ever!!

Do you prefer the anime or games versions of TR?
I much, much prefer the anime. In the games, they're like "I'mma steal your Pokemon, whatever", whereas in the anime you feel a genuine connection to them.

Last edited:

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
Very excited about a Team Rocket club. Count me in.

Username: Murkmire
One Partner Pokemon(Any Pokemon you can get your hands on): Arbok
Reason for joining: Are you kidding? Team Rocket is awesome. I know it's a bit silly, but the TRTrio is funny, cool (in their own way) and I love their taste in Pokemon. With the exception of Meowth, of course. Giovanni, in game and anime is a pretty cool character, and I like his VA to boot.

Do you prefer Team Rocket in the Anime,Games or both? Both, to be quite honest. Though, it'd be a bit funny if there was a staple grunt similar to the TRTrio that fumbles about and tries to stop the player. Like a... an "anti-hero" possibly?

Who is your favorite Team Rocket executive? I never really considered that, because I never got to play HG/SS. But, after looking through them, I'd have to say Ariana, hands down. Not only is she pretty Grrr, but I like her Pokemon team of Arbok, Vileplume and Murkrow. My kind of woman. ;P

Why is it that Team Rockets "business ventures" keep failing? Because, sadly, there always has to be a happy ending. Not much else to it. ;P

Which Generation of Team Rocket did you enjoy the most? I couldn't really say. But, if I had to, it would be the Gen. II version. Definitely more activity from them, and should be more from them.

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 10, 2023
So I thought it'd be nice to join.

Username: Giovanni Boss
1 Partner Pokemon(Any Pokemon you can get your hands on): Hard to choose one, but I guess I'll stick with Nidoking.
Reason for joining: Do I really need to explain? xD
Ok, then. My name is actually Giovanni, so I ended up liking the character before even knowing him. Then, I got really wrapped up into the games. The way he actually does incredible stuff with Team Rocket always impressed me, plus I always wondered his true motivations.

The Magikarp submarine, no doubt.

Mochika Rage

sickening, no?
Years
  • Age 23
  • uk
  • Seen Oct 1, 2017
Username: You can see it. It's right up there. It's Mochika Rage
1 Partner Pokemon(Any Pokemon you can get your hands on): Mawile
Reason for joining: Team Rocket is amazing. Ever since I started watching the anime, I fell in love with them. I'm a Rocketshipper too ^-^

I like Team Rocket better in the anime because they're funny and they come up with stupid disguises that Ash and co. for some reason can't see through? . In the game, they're just like any other bad guys, so I like the anime version more.

I think the episode in Advanced where they lose their pokémon is so sad :(

A question even though it isn't the topic: Do any of you ship JessiexJames or anything else to do with TR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back