• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Royal Blue Ocean [Water Type Pokemon Club]

Drawing Contest Theme!

• Total voters
Years

The Royal Blue Ocean

Rules

• Follow all Club Rules, and all other PC Rules will apply.
• No trolling, spamming, or hatred.
• Thought being a little off topic is fine, please try to stay on topic!
• Stay as active as you can possibly be.
• I love donated topics, just drop me a PM just so I can make sure they are appropriate for the club.
• Be a fan of Water Types.
• Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
Note: It is recommended that you put the topic that you are answering in bold above your answer as it just makes things a bit neater and organized.

Ferroseeds

Ferroseeds are the form of punishment here in the Royal Blue Ocean, Ferroseeds attack you when you break rules. Because you, being a water type, have a weakness to Grass type Pokémon you will suffer the following consequences when Ferroseeds attack you.
• 1 Ferroseed attacking will just hurt (warning)
• 2 Ferroseeds attacking will kill one of your partner Pokémon,
• 3 will cause you to faint (Banishment from the club).
Ferroseeds will eventually go away in due time if no more rules are broken.

Name:
2 Partner Pokemon:
Why do you want to swim with us?:
Answer Current topic:
Past Topics
(scroll down for more)

• What is your favorite Water Type Pokemon and why?
  • Do you use the move Aqua Jet? If so how do you use it effectively?
  • Kyogre Vs. Keldeo
    Who has the best design, who is your first choice when constructing a team?
  • If They Made Pokemon Grey, What Would You Have Wanted The Water Starter To Be Instead of Oshawott
  • Design a Water/Fire Pokemon. It's the only Water dual type that doesn't have a Pokemon yet, most likely on account of Water and Fire not being compatible together. Fakemon Sprites are more than welcome!
  • Milotic Vs. Gyarados
  • Imagine you're a Water type Gym Leader. What would your gym look like? Would there be a puzzle, other gym trainers? How many Pokemon would you have and who would they be?
Members
(scroll down for more)
[a id]mp_top[/a id]
(top)
Krazzikk
258.gif
194.gif

Olli97
245.gif
131.gif

Sector Revenge
484.gif
350.gif

The Shiny Umbreon in the Corner
009.gif
131.gif

Daniel Evans
160.gif
009.gif

Avishka
134.gif
258.gif

Kisergage
130.gif
073.gif

Arbok
158.gif
054.gif

Mentalii
009.gif
134.gif

MIAU
535.png
564.png

Hikari10
501.png
393.gif

Kenzi
121.gif
186.gif

Happy Azumarill
184.gif
393.gif

Falling Wishes
342.gif
272.gif

Jerichob10
007.gif
183.gif

droomph
258.png
501.png

TheAC29
395.gif
259.gif

Novaxxbite
350.gif
259.gif

aquavi
dpiconani121.gif
dpiconani134.gif

CourageHound
130.gif
260.gif

Cosmotone
394.gif
395.gif

HaliPoke
079.gif
060.gif

AwesomeAsCrawdaunt
342.gif

117.gif

B99B12
009.gif
350.gif

Most Popular: Blastoise
Note: If animated sprite is not available you will be given a non-animated sprite <3
(↑ Back to top ↑)
Pokémon
(scroll down for more)
[a id]mp_up[/a id]
(top)
Contests
(scroll down for more)
[a id]mp_up[/a id]
(top)

The Royal Blue Ocean's Very First Art Contest!
Entry period ends December 8th

I posted the poll, you guys voted, and it seems that the theme you guys wanted the most was...

Pokemon Starters!!!

This means you get to draw any Water starter, from any generation.

Now, we do have a few guidelines of course.

Guidelines \o/
  • NO PLAGIARISM
  • Entries must be made by the 1st of December.
  • All critisizim that is non-constructive will earn you a Ferroseed
  • You may enter more than one drawing but only one will be judged. (Please clearly mark which picture is to be judged)
  • Respect other's work
  • Please put all drawings in a spoiler tag.

Remember! You don't have to be an artistic genius to enter! Just your participation makes awesome!

Judging
The judging rubric consists of 3 things...
  • Creativity
  • Neatness
  • Style

You will be given a score for each of these, and then you will be given a final score averaged of all 3 numbers! And of course, whoever has the highest average will win the contest!!! :3

Entries!

Spoiler:
Now, for the exciting part...

We have 2 guest judges helping out!
Our lovely...Cirno!and...Kura!

(↑ Back to top ↑)
Banners and Userbars

(scroll down for more)
Starters!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Legendaries!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thank you so much for all the userbars TheAc29!!!!!!

Donations Gladly Accepted, just PM me!
[a id]mp_up[/a id]
(top)
Happy Swimming!
© twistedpuppy

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Name: Sector Revenge
2 Partner Pokemon: Pharaoh the Palkia & Marissa the Milotic
Why do you want to swim with us?: Swimming is amazing. The smell of the fresh water and swimming with the Pokemon is priceless. Oh, I'd love to get tan, but instead of the beach, use Lapras' back to lay on instead!

Favorite Water Pokemon & Why:
Well this was a tough choice. But because Palkia is easily one of my top 5 favorites because of its amazingly scary looks, I'd have to go with him. Not because his only weakness is Dragon due to his Dragon/Water typing, its because I love its design overall. Though it does seem like the Dragon/Water typing does seem like the reason as I used to love Kingdra till he came along. Milotic is easily my favorite because she's amazingly beautiful & she's very bulky. Same goes with Vaporeon prior to her first appearance. You could say I might like new and approved, right? LOL

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Name: Olli97, Olli for short.
2 Partner Pokemon: Suicune and Lapras.
Why do you want to swim with us?: The Water typing in itself is probably the most popular in the whole franchise, and a lot of the Water type Pokémon are popular as well. I personally find most of them to be pretty unique, with interesting concepts, and the Water type moves are some of my favourite, Surf probably reaching my most used moves of all time lol.

What is your favorite Water Type Pokemon and why?

While I'd like to say Lugia, I keep forgetting that it isn't a Water type Pokémon, so it'd probably be Suicune. My liking to it goes far back to when I was playing Silver, just running around the region, training my Pokémon and whatnot, when I suddenly encountered it. I don't remember if I had heard of it before that, but I know I was suprised, because unlike with Latios from the third generation games, I knew this one was special. So yeah, I attempted at catching it, only to find out that it ran away, and from there on I went on my search for it, looking for a long time, untill the day when I finally caught it. So yeah, it was the first of the three dogs that I ever caught, and I just felt really proud at the time because it was a whole new challenge.

To add on, I really really really love its design. It has a really majestic feel to it, and it's something I've always loved about it, something I didn't feel like many other Pokémon had. Out of its anime roots, I do think it's actually the most "legendary" of them all, since only a selected few people should've been able to see it, since it only shows itself to those worthy, so that just helped on making me feel proud xD

Years
What is your Favorite Water Pokemon & Why
My favorite Water Type Pokemon would defiantly be Oshawott, because of his cute looks, but also because his personality in the anime is even cutter! In the anime is really shy, yet he is baus at the same time, coming in to save Ash and his Pokemon every chance he got! Just watch the first few episodes of the B/W season and you'll know what i'm talking about ;-)
Name: Sector Revenge
2 Partner Pokemon: Pharaoh the Palkia & Marissa the Milotic
Why do you want to swim with us?: Swimming is amazing. The smell of the fresh water and swimming with the Pokemon is priceless. Oh, I'd love to get tan, but instead of the beach, use Lapras' back to lay on instead!

Favorite Water Pokemon & Why:
Well this was a tough choice. But because Palkia is easily one of my top 5 favorites because of its amazingly scary looks, I'd have to go with him. Not because his only weakness is Dragon due to his Dragon/Water typing, its because I love its design overall. Though it does seem like the Dragon/Water typing does seem like the reason as I used to love Kingdra till he came along. Milotic is easily my favorite because she's amazingly beautiful & she's very bulky. Same goes with Vaporeon prior to her first appearance. You could say I might like new and approved, right? LOL

Welcome to the club Sector, glad to have you here!
But anyways, yeah Palkia is kinda OP in my opinion because of it's typing combination, honestly I didn't like the looks of the 4th gen mascots when d/p came out. I think they look a bit too cartoony, but meh, that's my opinion.

To add on, I really really really love its design. It has a really majestic feel to it, and it's something I've always loved about it, something I didn't feel like many other Pokémon had. Out of its anime roots, I do think it's actually the most "legendary" of them all, since only a selected few people should've been able to see it, since it only shows itself to those worthy, so that just helped on making me feel proud xD

Welcome to the club!! I love you
Yes, I have to say, Suiccine's design is one of my favorites as far as water type Pokemon go also, i'm very happy in the way it looks, making it an awesome pokemon!

Years
Name: The Shiny Umbreon in the Corner
2 Partner Pokemon: Poseidon the Blastiose, and George the Lapras
Why do you want to swim with us?: Water type pokemon is my favorite XD
Answer Current topic: Blastiose 1st pokemon that blastiose is still why I pick a water type pokemon for my starter every time!

Years
Name: The Shiny Umbreon in the Corner
2 Partner Pokemon: Poseidon the Blastiose, and George the Lapras
Why do you want to swim with us?: Water type pokemon is my favorite XD
Answer Current topic: Blastiose 1st pokemon that blastiose is still why I pick a water type pokemon for my starter every time!

Welcome to the club!

Well, I know you like Blastiose because it was your first Pokemon and you are attached to it, but why did you choose Lapras as your second partner?

Rayshin

Lurking to the max.
Years

Name: Daniel Evans
2 Partner Pokemon: Feraligatr and Blastoise
Why do you want to swim with us?: Always picked Water-Types during my main playthrough. I also never got the chance to join the past Water-Type Club cause it was closed.
Answer Current topic: I absolutely love Blastoise in the First Generation. Being a vital role in my team, it destroyed them Grass-Types with Ice Beam. How useful can a Water-Type with Ice Beam be against them Grass-Types?

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Name: Avishka
2 Partner Pokemon: Vaporeon and mudkip
Why do you want to swim with us?: Water pokemon are elegant, have good stats, and have one of the best designs there are.
Answer Current topic:
What is your favorite Water Type Pokemon and why?
vaporeon -The cat-fish combination is truely unique, and they even made it a super cute one. Vaporeon couldn't have gotten a better design n_n
mudkip - bcuz it is very cute <3 <3

Years

Name: Daniel Evans
2 Partner Pokemon: Feraligatr and Blastoise
Why do you want to swim with us?: Always picked Water-Types during my main playthrough. I also never got the chance to join the past Water-Type Club cause it was closed.
Answer Current topic: I absolutely love Blastoise in the First Generation. Being a vital role in my team, it destroyed them Grass-Types with Ice Beam. How useful can a Water-Type with Ice Beam be against them Grass-Types?
Welcome, I look forward to your opinions and such ;-D

Using a Water Type against Grass type is an interesting strategy, sometimes I do that too, to throw off my opponent and make them bring out a Pokemon that I have a advantage over. (eg. Water type with Ice move, "oh its a water type, I guess I should use my grass type!" lol nope!)

Name: Avishka
2 Partner Pokemon: Vaporeon and mudkip
Why do you want to swim with us?: Water pokemon are elegant, have good stats, and have one of the best designs there are.

Hiya!

Do you use the move Aqua Jet? If so how do you use it effectively?

Last edited:
Years
  • NC
  • Seen Dec 14, 2012
NAME:KISERGAGE
PARTNERS: Gyarados and Tentacruel
WHY YOU WANT TO SWIM WITH US:To be surrounded by the elegant beauty and raw power of the water type
ANSWER CURRENT TOPIC:Very hard question but i have to pick gyarados
i would always catch a magikarp at the begining of a game just so i could have a gyarados by about the third gym they are in my opinion the perfect pokemon they are living sea dragons with the power to destroy anything that stands in there way add that too there ability to learn almost every move type gyarados is deffintley my favorite

Years
Kiserage said:
NAME:KISERGAGE
PARTNERS: Gyarados and Tentacruel
WHY YOU WANT TO SWIM WITH US:To be surrounded by the elegant beauty and raw power of the water type
ANSWER CURRENT TOPIC:Very hard question but i have to pick gyarados
i would always catch a magikarp at the begining of a game just so i could have a gyarados by about the third gym they are in my opinion the perfect pokemon they are living sea dragons with the power to destroy anything that stands in there way add that too there ability to learn almost every move type gyarados is deffintley my favorite

No Gyarados Fans here bro! That's for the *Splash* Magikarp Family Club! Ah Cool, you like Gyarados too?! I don't like Gyarados particularly for his power, or his moveset, but I like him (the whole Magikarp family, really) because the Magikarp family is unique itself, a family that starts as a wimpy Magikarp that only knows splash, n' tackle, and etc. sub par moves, and then evolves into such a bad ass. Plus, getting a Magikarp is as simple as buying him for a reasonable price. Anyways, glad to have you in the club, and Welcome to PokeCommunity ;D
Do you use the move Aqua Jet? If so how do you use it effectively?
Sorry for my horrible topics =/

I have always liked to use Aqua Jet on my team because it was nice to have thatguaranteedfirst hit chance. It's especially nice when used against Fire types, to 1HKO before getting touched xD. It's one of my favorite water type moves actually

Because this topic was a big fail, here is another topic, hopefully a better one.
What are some of your favorite Water Type moves and why?
See above answer xD

Last edited:

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
name: Arbok
Partners: Totodile and Psyduck
Why do you want to swim with us?: My first game was Silver. I loved Crocodiles. Naturally I picked Totodile. When I first got the games I didn't really know how to play it so i went through the whole game never switching Totodile, Croconaw or Feraligatr from first place in my party. The Totodile line became my Gods as it grew into the strongest pokemon that ever lived!! Then I grew up a little and realised it was because of the high level that my starter was undefeated. It still led to me loving the water type though, especially as my 'best' playthrough of Firered was with Blastoise. Now I always pick Water starters, at least for the first time I get a new game, which works well as i have two friends who always pick fire and grass. Water types are one of the most useful in the game, even their HM moves are powerful. The sheer amount of them makes it easy to pick one you like in any playthrough and their move sets come in very handy particually gaining Ice moves against pesky grass and dragon types.
Answer current topic: What are some of your favorite water type moves and why?
Well call me dull but good old surf is a very strong and reliable move to give any water type but if they focus on physical attack then waterfall is a good replacement. I have a love-hate relationship with Water Pulse as it always confuses me but hardly ever does so to the opponent, when it does though it is great.
Aqua jet is a strong move to equip Pokemon like Gyarados with so in response to your ditched topic Aqua Jet needs to be used by the right Pokemon otherwise it's a waste of a move slot :)
I really like that new move Scald, its pretty strong and can cause burns to the opponent. What more do you want?

Mentalii

Back
Years
Name: Mentalii
2 Partner Pokemon:
Tortank the Blastoise and Aquali the Vaporeon
Water-type being my favourite type among all, I obviously want to swim with you all, and talk about this awesome type.
What is your favorite Water Type Pokemon and why? It's Feraligatr, since my Silver version. Its evolution line will also always be favourite starter evolution line. As a small child discovering Pokémon, I'll always keep good memories of this strong aligator that allowed me to beat the game.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Name: MIAU
2 Partner Pokemon: Tammy the Tympole and Chelon the Tirtouga
Why do you want to swim with us?: I've been asked before what is my favorite type and I couldn't answer, but it's probably water. Playing White, it was really hard to pick between two water-types, Tammy and Chelon, so I ended up using both in my team, thought I'd chose as I play. Well, they're both fully evolved now, and I still can't chose just one of them (actually, I'm glad we could chose 2 partner Pokemon to sign up for the club). Also, I kinda wanna try other water-types, like Milotic and Walrein, so I'll probably end up with a full water-types team.
Answer Current topic: What are some of your favorite water type moves and why?
I used to use Surf for a long time, but Tammy now has Hydro Pump, and Chelon has Aqua Tail. I just got Waterfall today, and I want to try it out, though I've been wanting to try out Scald too. Oh decisions decisions.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
What are some of your favorite Water Type moves and why?

The only Water type moves I really remember as my favourite would be Surf and Hydro Pump. I am aware that there were some good Water type moves introduced in 4th and 5th generation, however I never got to play fourth gen very much, and I've never played any fifth generation games, so none of them can really make my favourites list.

Anyways, Surf, which hopefully should be in everyone's answers, is one of the most helpful moves in the whole game. Apart from it being necessary to progress in the game, it's also a really strong move, hits all Pokémon on the field, so very good for double battles, and it has one of my favourite move animations of all time. It's probably the only HM that I've never wanted my Pokémon to forget, as it's just one of my favourites of all. Hydro Pump comes up on there too, simply just because it's such a strong move. It may not be all that reliable, but it's great for 1HKO's and it's probably also saved my butt a few times. I do recall using it quite a bit in the second generation games, though it's not one many of my Pokémon have ever learned.

Years
Name: MIAU
2 Partner Pokemon: Tammy the Tympole and Chelon the Tirtouga
Why do you want to swim with us?: I've been asked before what is my favorite type and I couldn't answer, but it's probably water. Playing White, it was really hard to pick between two water-types, Tammy and Chelon, so I ended up using both in my team, thought I'd chose as I play. Well, they're both fully evolved now, and I still can't chose just one of them (actually, I'm glad we could chose 2 partner Pokemon to sign up for the club). Also, I kinda wanna try other water-types, like Milotic and Walrein, so I'll probably end up with a full water-types team.
Answer Current topic: What are some of your favorite water type moves and why?
I used to use Surf for a long time, but Tammy now has Hydro Pump, and Chelon has Aqua Tail. I just got Waterfall today, and I want to try it out, though I've been wanting to try out Scald too. Oh decisions decisions.
Welcome to the club MIAU! I hope you are enjoying PokeCommunity so far, and I also hope that you enjoy this club and actively contribute to the discussions :3

Are you new to Pokemon in general? Surf is a nice move, especially in doubles with a Grass type as your team mate! I like to use scald because it is fairly powerful and it has a chance of burning the opponent which is always nice =P
um, honestly i'm not sure how good Waterfall is as I have never used it =/. Hydro Pump is nice as a sweep move, because it does tons of damage xD

Although Surf is a nice move to use in singles because of its power, it is risky to use in doubles and triples because it could kill your Pokemon. If your team mate is a grass type it probably wont KO it but damage is damage =/
So that is definitively a decision to make!
Name: Mentalii
2 Partner Pokemon:
Tortank the Blastoise and Aquali the Vaporeon
Water-type being my favourite type among all, I obviously want to swim with you all, and talk about this awesome type.
What is your favorite Water Type Pokemon and why? It's Feraligatr, since my Silver version. Its evolution line will also always be favourite starter evolution line. As a small child discovering Pokémon, I'll always keep good memories of this strong aligator that allowed me to beat the game.

Hi, Hi! Feraligatr fan, huh? I can't say anything as for the performance of him in battle because I have never played the 2nd generation games, but I don't like his appearance unfortunately. :< He is the only starter I don't like the looks of. But if it was your first Pokemon, I can see why you have an attachment to him <3. Are there any other reasons you like the Feraligatr Evolution line?

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Thank you for the welcome! And yes, I am new, I started playing White this summer actually.

Hehe I was a bit surprised when I first used Surf in a double battle, I didn't know it hit all the opponents. Actually, I do use Seismitoad in double battles, paired with Yanmega, and use Earthquake, which Yanmega is immune to. That's mainly the reason why I chose Hydro Pump over Surf, even though it may miss sometimes, when it does hit, it's powerful enough to KO the opponent.

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Thank you for the welcome! And yes, I am new, I started playing White this summer actually.

Hehe I was a bit surprised when I first used Surf in a double battle, I didn't know it hit all the opponents.

Hopefully you can get it all done before White 2 comes out here in the West.

The first time i used surf in a double battle was in Ruby. Back then it didn't harm your ally pokemon next to them. So when I got Diamond I didn't think there would be any diffrence.... oh my poor Graveler.... that was a surprise. Now I only use surf in battles when i'm with a pokemon which knows fly or dig.

Years
Hopefully you can get it all done before White 2 comes out here in the West.

The first time i used surf in a double battle was in Ruby. Back then it didn't harm your ally pokemon next to them. So when I got Diamond I didn't think there would be any diffrence.... oh my poor Graveler.... that was a surprise. Now I only use surf in battles when i'm with a pokemon which knows fly or dig.

Hmm yeah I guess if you use fly or dig they wont be affected by it, I would have never thought of that! If you do that Surf is one of the best moves ever created :D

Back