• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my team

Years
This team is not for any specific tier, as I have no idea what pokemon fit in which tier (i'll admit right now not knowing that much about competitive teambuilding).

Forretress @ Shed SHell
Sturdy
252 HP/252 Spd/4 Def
Impish (+def -Satk)
Explosion
Toxic Spikes
Spikes
Stealth Rock

Description: This is my first Setup, and works as a Spiker, and explodes when he's done, to atleast do some damage.

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Speed Boost
252 HP/128 Def/128 Sdef
Impish (+def -Satk)
Double Team
Swords Dance
Agility
Baton Pass

My second setup, here to set up buffs and then Baton Pass them away someone else. I'm not 100% sure if 2 setups are a good idea, nor if I did the EV training correctly. Also, is Leftovers a good choice on this guy?

Rampardos @ Muscle Band
Mold Breaker
252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Adamant (+Atk -Satk)
Giga Impact
Head Smash
Focus Energy
Earthquake

My Physical sweeper, don't really know what to say about him, but please comment if I did anything wrong!

Dragonite @ Wise Glasses
Inner Focus
252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef
Modest (+Satk -Atk)
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Hyper Beam
Draco Meteor

My Special Sweeper. Considering changing Hyper Beam to Dragon Dance, but not 100% sure as I have a Baton Passer.

Aerodactyl @ Quick Claw
Pressure
252 Atk/56 HP/100 Def/100Sdef
Jolly (+Spd -Satk)
Roar
Fire Fang
Ice Fang
Thunder Fang

My Roarer/second physical sweeper. I gave him half-and-half def/sdef Evs to boost them both a bit.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Snow Cloak
252 Satk/252 Atk/4spd
Lonely (+Atk -Def)
Hail
Blizzard
Earthquake
Stone Edge

My mixed sweeper. Not sure if Lonely is the right Nature for this type of pokemon.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
evasion moves are illegal in competitive play.
also, get rid of giga impact on rampardos

heLLkitsune

There's nothing for me here...
Years
I'm not a good competitive battler, but i'll try to explain something i think it's wrong here:

This team is not for any specific tier, as I have no idea what pokemon fit in which tier (i'll admit right now not knowing that much about competitive teambuilding).

Forretress @ Shed SHell
Sturdy
252 HP/252 Spd/4 Def
Impish (+def -Satk)
Explosion
Toxic Spikes
Spikes
Stealth Rock

A taunt lead screws this whole set because the only thing you could do after they taunt you is Explode or switch. So this is a no-no.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/forretress

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Speed Boost
176 HP/252 Atk/80 Spe
Jolly (+Spe -Satk)
Substitute
Swords Dance
X-Scissor / Aerial Ace
Baton Pass

In competitive battle, you can't use attacks that increase evasion and these include Double Team and Minimize (i don't know if there are any other attacks that do this). This is the first baton pass set from smogon. You can use substitute so you have a free turn for Swords Dance and one more speed boost to pass. As i said earlier, taunt can wreak havoc here too so you have to have 1 attacking move. Your evs were bad because Ninjask is not a tank so he can't take a hit or two.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/ninjask

Rampardos @ Life Orb
Mold Breaker
252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Adamant (+Atk -Satk)
Stone Edge
Zen Headbutt
Fire Punch / Rock Polish
Earthquake

Don't ever use attacks that make you recharge after the usage. With these attacks the opponent setup their sweepers and whatnot. You can use Rampardos as a Baton pass recipient or you can give him rock polish in case that Ninjask fails to Baton pass him speed ups. And don't use Focus Energy as it does almost nothing :P.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/rampardos

Dragonite @ Wise Glasses
Inner Focus
252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef
Modest (+Satk -Atk)
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Hyper Beam
Draco Meteor

As i said before, don't use attacks such as Hyper Beam. See for yourself which Dragonite build you want.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/dragonite

Aerodactyl @ Life Orb
Pressure
252 Atk/4 Def /252Spe
Jolly (+Spd -Satk)
Roost
Taunt
Earthquake
Stone Edge

Aero needs Atk and Speed Evs so he can be a threat to the opposite team. Stone Edge is STAB and EQ with rock is nice coverage.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/aerodactyl

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Snow Cloak
64 Satk/244 Atk/200spe
Naughty (+Atk -SpD)
Ice Shard
Blizzard
Earthquake
Stone Edge

The only way you want to set up hail in comp battling is with Abomasnows ability which summons perma hail. Mamoswine is good as mixed sweeper.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/mamoswine

http://www.smogon.com/dp/tiers/ --> here is the tier list and i hope my noobiness helped you. :P. comments in bold btw.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Forretress makes a bad lead for setting up entry hazards, IMO because it gets screwed by Taunt. Replace it with Aerodactyl, Azelf or Swampert (the last one if you want to have a bulky lead).

Ninjask: Make it Adamant (Jolly makes its Speed more overkill than it already is). Go with the set that's suggested above.

Rampardos: Go with the Rock Polish set that's suggested and give it a Focus Sash.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Rampardos: Go with the Rock Polish set that's suggested and give it a Focus Sash.
Sash generally sucks on everything not called a lead because of entry hazards and whatnot. OU has a particularly rampant SR, which is on like 90% of leads. With Forry, you ain't shutting down anything unless you replace Toxic Spikes with Rapid Spin, which I guess you could do? (still gets owned by ghosts).

OT: Don't use Wise Glasses/Muscle Band because they suck and are pretty much completely inferior to Life Orb/Expert Belt. Even the Plates beat them, lol.

Focus Energy on Rampardos sucks. It's not as much that Focus Energy is a bad move as that Rampy's defensive stats and speed suck so much that you won't be able to pull off Focus Energy + attack. Focus Energy is still bad, just saying.

...In fact, Rampardos in general sucks. It does nothing but add more weaknesses to your team. Replace it with something which can help sponge the giant Ice/Water/Rock weakness you have (ie. DD Gyarados/LO Starmie/DD T-Tar rips this team). Suicune or Vaporeon works well, I guess.

Scytha

mass effect freak
Years
Sash generally sucks on everything not called a lead because of entry hazards and whatnot. OU has a particularly rampant SR, which is on like 90% of leads. With Forry, you ain't shutting down anything unless you replace Toxic Spikes with Rapid Spin, which I guess you could do? (still gets owned by ghosts).

OT: Don't use Wise Glasses/Muscle Band because they suck and are pretty much completely inferior to Life Orb/Expert Belt. Even the Plates beat them, lol.

Focus Energy on Rampardos sucks. It's not as much that Focus Energy is a bad move as that Rampy's defensive stats and speed suck so much that you won't be able to pull off Focus Energy + attack. Focus Energy is still bad, just saying.

...In fact, Rampardos in general sucks. It does nothing but add more weaknesses to your team. Replace it with something which can help sponge the giant Ice/Water/Rock weakness you have (ie. DD Gyarados/LO Starmie/DD T-Tar rips this team). Suicune or Vaporeon works well, I guess.
Well, you just stole what I was gonna say :P

Back