• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Football/Soccer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sean777

Poke veteren since red version
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
As the title suggests here you can discuss everything to do with the beutiful game that is of coarse football/soccer :)

My club team is the Glasgow Rangers
My national team is Scotland

I would like eveyone that joins this discussion to say who there club and national team is Thanks :)

Ficher

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2012
I am with Bayern Munich when it comes to club teams, and I support Germany as a national team. I like how the Germans play, since they have their own style and Muller is WIN!

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Norwich and England fan.

Norwich are ok at the minute, I have a good feeling about a top 6 finish this season :)

England are England, good untill the tournaments :(

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I'm with Manchester United FC and Juventus.
National Team would be England.​
..and yes, football is wonderful. <3

sean777

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
I cant beleive how close the SCotland game was last night i thought for a minite that we were actually going to draw with liechtenstien or however you spell it xD

At least i can hopefully look forward to a decent performance from rangers this weekend :)

@Binary- Hey im more of a man city fan lol even though we aint playing so well lol

@Ficher- Hey Scotland seem to have there own style to.... emmm.... its called.... 97th MINIUTE WINING GOALS LOL :)

Ficher

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2012
Anybody watched the Euro 2012 qualification matches? Germany won 6 - 1!! Owned them.

Last edited:

sean777

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
You mean the euro 2012 lol and yes i did the Germens were awsome and so were the sweedish and i hate to admit it but England were to.... On the other hand i was exteamly dissapointed with scotland having to wait untill the 97th minuite to score the winner against leichtenstien but at least the rangers man kenny miller scored an amazing volley with his weak foot :)
So theres my analysis lol :)

Ficher

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2012
Yes, 2012. Haha. Italy was pretty good, they re-organized their team and formation and they managed to win 5-0 and the goals were nice. France, surprisingly, won after losing in their previous match. Benzema proved to be an asset to the French team and his goal and Malouda's secured a 2-0. Holland walks away with a 5-0, nothing surprising about that.

sean777

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
Haha i didnt see the Holland score i wonder how spain will play against Scotland im dreading it but wev pulled of miricles before lol :)

Ficher

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2012
Lol. Btw, Spain lost against Argentina in a friendly match 4 - 1 :O Goals from Messi, Tevez, Aguero, and Higuain gave the lead with Spain's Lorente scoring one goal.

Anybody saw it?

sean777

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
I missed it but the scottish manager should show it to the players to inspire them to play like never before lol :)

Ficher

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2012
I am not too fond of Spain. They are the luckiest team! I hope Scotland wins, though. Nice to see the World Cup Champions go down!

sean777

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
Haha i thought the Germans were sure to win the world cup but then spain... just played like spain lol :)

Ficher

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2012
Yea, me too. Spain was lucky from the start. It wasn't remotely superior to Germany, since the Germans played their worst game against them. Paraguay almost beat Spain, for Paraguay's first goal shouldn't have been canceled. He was onside.

I hope they won't win the Euro, too.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Yea, me too. Spain was lucky from the start. It wasn't remotely superior to Germany, since the Germans played their worst game against them. Paraguay almost beat Spain, for Paraguay's first goal shouldn't have been canceled. He was onside.

I hope they won't win the Euro, too.

You didn't really watch the game, did you? You can't beat that Germany just by pure luck :P But hey, luck also counts *shrugh* You go tell Germany and Lampard.

And yesterday's match was hideous XD You saw the Argentinian line-up full of world class players and then our line up was full of... bench people XD Monreal should not go back to the team, for god's sake. And keeping only 4 regular players on the pitch at the same time was a suicide XD

But hey, it was a friendly. It doesn't look good but it was the right match to try weird stuff. Although it wasn't the best rival XD

By the way, going to write CL and La Liga summaries after every journey, if anybody wants to read them :D

Years
I support Manchester United and follow England, although I still havn't got over their abysmal World Cup performance. Just hope they keep playing like they have been in the past few games.

Ficher

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2012

You didn't really watch the game, did you? You can't beat that Germany just by pure luck :P But hey, luck also counts *shrugh* You go tell Germany and Lampard.

And yesterday's match was hideous XD You saw the Argentinian line-up full of world class players and then our line up was full of... bench people XD Monreal should not go back to the team, for god's sake. And keeping only 4 regular players on the pitch at the same time was a suicide XD

But hey, it was a friendly. It doesn't look good but it was the right match to try weird stuff. Although it wasn't the best rival XD

By the way, going to write CL and La Liga summaries after every journey, if anybody wants to read them :D

Germany had the worst game and Spain played very good, and they only managed to put one goal. They weren't lucky in this game. Haha. But I'm saying they were the luckiest maybe stable team in the WC and Villa WAS/IS Spain. And you mean Lampard's canceled, but true goal? That's for 1966. KARMA!. And I have to admit, that friendly match was rather stupid. I do not particularly dislike Spain, but they beat Germany in the last Euro and in the WC, so I might have a small grudge on them. Haha.

And I would love to see the reviews of your CL and La Liga matches. I would probably do the same sometime.

Tottenham enters CL for the first time, I think, and manages to beat Young Boys and be with the big guys. Hah, what do you think about that?

Edit: I am thinking the thread's name should be Football Discussion Thread or the such, since it's more convenient, that is if the OP approves.

Last edited:

sean777

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
Hey Ficher how would i go about changing the title because i like your idea :)

Ficher

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2012
Ask the moderator of this section or a super mod (Went, Luke..) or an admin.

Are there any interesting games this weekend? In La Liga or PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back