• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Save the Pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Save the Pokemon!
Brought to you by Pokemon Colosseum, Gale of Darkness, and Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

Welcome to the region of Orre, where wild Pokemon are scarce and roughnecks are around every corner. An evil syndicate by the name of Cipher have been seen using weird Pokemon, called Shadow Pokemon. It's your mission to Snag'em all and save them! But there's a catch. The way we play the game here is different. What if Beluh couldn't find the missing part of the Relic Stone? What if Time Flutes weren't given out? And what if the Purification Chamber wasn't finished? Take that mindset as you start your next Orre adventure in Save the Pokemon!: The No Purification Challenge! Contradictory? Don't worry. All these purification methods will become accesible to you after you Snag all the Pokemon in their respective games.

.:Rules:.
- You are allowed to keep your starter. If you are playing on Pokemon Colosseum, you may only choose one starter, either Umbreon or Espeon, after you have snagged your first two Shadow Pokemon.
- When you are able to have a full party of 6, you must always have a full party.
- It's recommended that you switch your teams as the levels increase.
- The only exception to purifying a Pokemon before snagging them all is for storyline purposes, which is only in Gale of Darkness (you must purify one Pokemon to progress the plot, box it immediately afterwards).
- You may use scents.
- You can call your Pokemon if they're in Hyper Mode.
- Challenge ends after you Snag and Purify all Pokemon in your respective game.

Now what's this about Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald?
Pretty much only added because most people don't seem to have Colosseum and Gale of Darkness anymore.

The pandemic has spread to Hoenn as well! How'd this happen? ...Do you really care? No, I was just too lazy to make a story as to how it got there. But no matter how hard you try, the Pokemon you capture just aren't listening right, and are strangely aggressive! Perhaps they might change their ways if they warm up to you.

.:Rules:.
- Your starter is unaffected by the Shadow pandemic. You don't have to keep it, but it's highly recommended.
- When you catch a Pokemon, treat it as a Shadow Pokemon (bar the leveling system. The attack in the left hand slot is its "Shadow" move. You cannot delete it until the Pokemon is "purified" which I will get to soon.
Spoiler:

- "Shadow" Pokemon cannot evolve or be taught TMs until they reach max friendship.
- HM slaves are allowed, but they are still Shadow, so you can't delete the Shadow move, even on slaves, unless you bother to get their friendship maxed out.
- After you reach max friendship, you can delete the Shadow move, evolve it, what have you.
- You must have a full team of 6.
- Challenge is complete after catching all legendaries, which will break the curse. Don't ask how, that's just how it happens.
- Emulators are allowed.
- For an extra challenge, if you'd like, try using Pokemon that are only Shadow in Colosseum/Gale of Darkness. Starter will still be allowed in this case, unless you wanna ditch it.

The deadline for final updates is 11:59 May 31 Central time (GMT -6).

Please VM/PM me if you have any questions so the thread isn't too cluttered up.

.:Sign-up Format:.
User: Sydian
Game(s): Colosseum/Ruby

.:Snaggers and Heroes:.

☆Colosseum Gladiators
Spoiler:

☆Hurricanes
Spoiler:

☆Ruby Raiders
Spoiler:

☆Sapphire Soldiers
Spoiler:

☆Emerald Eyes
Spoiler:

☆Ultimate Rescuers
Spoiler:

There will be an emblem given only to those who complete the challenge. Good luck! Save the Pokemon!

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
First! I wanna be a Sapphire Soldier, please.

And just to be clear, because I'm tired, that means I have to snag Kyogre, the Regis, Raquaza, and Latias, right?

Is there an easy way to tell if you have maxed happiness?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, you gotta Snag all of them. And there's a lady in Verdanturf city, so the friendship checker isn't too far into the game. Just near the third gym's city. And I think she will say something like, "It adores you! It couldn't possibly love you any more. I even feel happy seeing it" when the Pokemon is at max happiness.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
This sounds fun <3

Can I sign up for Emerald Eyes? /because there's no chance my parents would let me use the Wii enough times to beat Colo or XD and it's easier to do it on an emulator anyhow

Even if it means having to snag the entire Weather Trio, it's worth it~

Maraala

a fiery passion
Years
I already told you by Twitter that I would participate.

User: Sammyskitty
Game(s): Ruby

I would do it on XD, but I have yet to even conquer it on a normal playthrough

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
User: BinaryPeaches
Game: Colosseum.

If we happen to have a memory card that doesn't have a Gale of Darkness file on it I'll see 'bout doing that. but I've never actually beaten XD all the way while I've beaten Colosseum, soo... Though Gale of Darkness is tempting because I wanna be a Hurricane. ;;

I have pretty much all May off after finals, so this would be a nice way to pass the time~

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Ummm.

User: Jdthebud
Game: Ruby

What's an easy way to find Latios? It's roaming, so...
Pretty sure you find it once on accident and then it appears in the Pokedex as being on whichever route its on. So, go to 2 adjacent routes with grass (IE the two before Fortree) and walk back and forth, checking your Pokedex each time to see if he's on your route. When he is, save and catch him before he runs away.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
User: KoboraX (Blissy)
Game(s): XD

I might record it. Mabye. Just one question, though. Can XD guys evolve Eevee? I mean with that guy in the Parts Shop in Galton Port.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
I was about to do this on XD but since it is my first time playing it I won't do it. Instead, I'll do it on Emerald.

Oh if you want I can make the story about how the epidemic arrived in Hoenn :3

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
User: dragonomega
Game(s): Emerald

Oh :3 This is gonna be fun. n_n

Brewds567

I'm dancing, I'm dancing!
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2014
User: Brewds567
Game: Emerald

Wish I could do this on XD but I don't have enough time to play my cube to finish it by May 25th

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Since I've had some concerns about the deadline, I'm just going to extend it to May 31st. Hope that will help some of you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back