• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Trainer House

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Located in Viridian City, the Trainer House was a quaint side feature that enabled you to battle trainers that you interacted with on your PokeWalker. What were your thoughts on this addition? Was the lack of gainable exp. enough for you to swipe this aside? Or did you try it regardless? How much did you enjoy this feature? Was it really necessary? Any improvements you'd make?

Discuss!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I tried it once and was very let down! There was hardly any diversity in it and the battles were far too easy with very minimal rewards. It probably would've been more exciting if I'd used the PokéWalker more often (or even knew how to get new trainers into the house), but it doesn't seem like an overly appealing area to invest time into for me.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I've tried the Trainer House once in all of my playthroughs and never dared to walk in there again. I just didn't like the place, it didn't have any special qualities to it that made it stand out to battling a regular trainer other than rather high levels. I saw repitition of certain Pokemon and it wasn't as fun for me like battling in The Battle Frontier. I would of liked if they had a system similar to the BF's, where you get points and then can spend them on certain items, perhaps items that the BF didn't offer such as evolutionary stones etc. It would be a good alternative option to the Pokeathlon honestly. But yeah the Trainer House was a huge disappointment and easily overshadowed by the Dojo in Saffron City, where you could battle certain gym leaders again.

H.Vega

Johto Wanderer...
Years
Didn't like it as much because of no experience, but it was neat to fight a challenging trainer.

Years
The Trainer House seemed like a let down to me again, much like it felt when I challenged it in the originals. I much would've rather faced a series of trainers or something than just one trainer with the same Pokemon every day (I didn't have a Pokewalker, so I was stuck with just facing the one guy).

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
I didn't enjoy it very much, but it was a nice feature anyways. I think that I wasn't properly prepared to battle those trainers, they're very good at battling.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I went in there unprepared...three starters wiped the floor with me :(
But other than getting to battle the three starters in one match (which is a pretty cool gimmick), no I didn't particularly like it. From what I remember Meganium's stalling strategy meant it wasn't even a good place for BP-harvesting. So not a favourite location but I don't necessarily hate it.

Back