• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Amity Square

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
In Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum there's a park north of Hearthome City called Amity Square, where you can take a stroll with certain species of Pokémon outside their Poké Balls.

What do you think of this feature? Is it fun and efficient? Do you think it needed improvement? What Pokémon do you think should've been included but weren't?

Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
I both liked and hated that square.

I hated it because there's nothing special there and more Pokémon should have been included.

I liked it because it was the start of Pokémon walking with you, a hint that this amazing feature will be in HGSS...only better! And you get the Spooky Plate and Amulet Coin there which is good.

Overall, I liked this feature only because Pokémon will walk with you.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
Years
It seemed to be some kind of experiment from the get go. Once the scans of HGSS started coming out, it became clear what it was for. Shame there hasn't been much made of it since then. Not that I necessarily want to walk around with my Pokemon always and forever. It should be an option you can toggle, IMO, but I'd be fine with them saving that till Gen VII.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 19, 2022
I really liked it, it was cute. I hated you only could let a small amount of pokemon follow you though. There were many, many more cute pokemon that could have been added but I don't want to list them, lol.
I also loved its name, because my middle name is Amity. xD

I really just love a pokemon following you, though. I loved Yellow (my first Pokemon game) and HGSS for that feature.

Years
Despite how cute of a feature it was, I did feel it was quite limiting due to how few Pokemon you could bring with you. I never did revisit the Amity Square very often when playing through D/P/Pt.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I enjoyed Amity Square because I can bring my cute Pokémon to following me when I walk, run, and even turning around. It's one fun experience~

Years
Despite how cute of a feature it was, I did feel it was quite limiting due to how few Pokemon you could bring with you. I never did revisit the Amity Square very often when playing through D/P/Pt.

I agree with Janna here, while Amity Square was a fun feature in the games, the limited number of Pokemon that could be admitted was a letdown. Not even the addition of the Sinnoh starters in Platinum could help it. I did like how you could get a few items here and there.

Back