• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official PokéCommunity Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
110331.png

Welcome fellas of all ages, to the Official PokeCommunity Shipping Debates Thread! Simply read the guidelines stated in this post and you'll be ready to launch your savy shipping favorites and exercise your social and debating skills in no time!

Banner: CommanderPigg; Winner of SD Banner art contest

Pokémon Animé Shipping Debates Bylaws

Introduction

The purpose of this thread is to provide a sort of 'lounge'/'courtroom'/'bar' for Discussions/Debates/Barfights, Otherwise known as the Two D's and a B, for us members that hold the interest of Shipping in the Pokémon Animé. Our mission is to provide a comfortable Microcommunity for us members under that subset of Shippers.

Shipping

Obligatory CopyPasta from Bulbapedia, the Content Free Encyclopedia.

Shipping (short for "relationshipping"; カップリング Coupling in Japanese) is the belief that two characters in the Pokémon universe are in a relationship, or have romantic feelings that could potentially lead to a relationship. It is generally used as a suffix attached to a word related to a pair of characters (like in PokéShipping).
For example, a person who would like to see Ash and Misty as boyfriend and girlfriend would be a PokéShipper, and as a PokéShipper, he or she would support PokéShipping. In addition to "shipping," and "shipper," there are "ship," which is a word for the pairing itself, and "shippy," which is used as an adjective. For example, if Ash and Misty kissed, that moment would be considered PokéShippy.

Grammar

More obligatory CopyPasta from Bulbapedia, the Content─*shot* I MEAN, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia!

Noun
ship (pairing) : Example: "I support that ship." means "I support that pairing."

Adjective
shippy (supports a ship) : Example: "That hug was shippy." means "That hug makes them look like a couple."

Verb
shipping (action of supporting a ship) : Example: "I enjoy Pokéshipping." means "I enjoy supporting Ash and Misty as a couple."

Verb (infrequent use)
ship (action of supporting a ship) : Example: "Do you ship?" means "Do you support that/any pairing(s)?"

Person
shipper (supporter of a ship) : Example: "We are all shippers of that couple." means "We are all supporters of that pairing."

Thread Rules
26.png

Now for the meat of the Bylaws, the thread rules.

Pokémon Anime Forum Rules and the global Community Rules all govern

That means read them if you haven't yet.

Name Calling is not allowed

Ignorant fools

Drifting off topic is strongly discouraged

For us old prunes, this was sort of a problem. But now it's got it's comfy place in the rules. This is mostly in effect because of some disastrous results in unneeded debates/barfights

Fan art cannot be obscene

This extends just a little bit beyond the 'No Hentai' rule in the global rules. This rule also ensures posted fan art is not strongly suggestive. For example:

Acceptable:
  • Having Fun
  • Kissing
  • Anything below the PG-13 level

Unacceptable:
  • Borderline 'strip'ish pictures
  • 'Humanified' Pokemon
  • Innappropriate touching
  • Illegal themes (This DOES NOT restrict the concept of them unusual age shippings, but does restrict content a bit more than normal concerning those ships)
  • Anything that is clearly in the hentai level

Balance of Power

This section will probably be heavily revised, but this is how power is spread:

Kirbychu: Complete control and moderation (obviously)
AdvancdK47: Control, and Mastermind
Jorah: Evil Second in command
Ruby: Angelic Second in command
TheSmartOne: Lonely Cafemochashipper
Everyone else: The Report Button

...yeah, don't take this section too seriously >__>

References

2010 (Old) Shipping Thread
Pre-2010 (Ancient) Shipping Thread (What are we going to call this thread once this thread is old, anyways? >__>)
Bulbapedia Shipping Article
List of Shipping Names

Without further ado, the new shipping thread is now active, and the topic shall be determined by the first reply because I'm honestly too lazy to come up with a non-cliché one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Why such a long title? o.O

Well, um, shippingness... yeah.

Also, get rid of that fugly hat on Iris AK47.

Anyway, hoping for some Negai hint whilst Ash battles Aloe, and some comfort when he loses ;)

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Ooh, fresh thread. All right.

Err, so I'm gonna continue with the fanfiction theme since Mew~ didn't actually say anything. :P First, to say thank you to all of you who liked my fic <3 And second, to say I've been seeing some good HonorShipping fics, but can't find them anymore. ;-;

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Ooh, fresh thread. All right.

Err, so I'm gonna continue with the fanfiction theme since Mew~ didn't actually say anything. :P First, to say thank you to all of you who liked my fic <3 And second, to say I've been seeing some good HonorShipping fics, but can't find them anymore. ;-;
Look again.

No more fanfics, please reading is annoying.

Crackshippings? We already did that? Oh okay, um...

Lets come up with a fresh topic.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Damn your edit button. I want CaféMocha hints after Ash loses.

Reading is the best~

Any topic that isn't NegaiShipping.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
But you know, Negaishipping hasn't really had a full debut here, regardless of it being a 'mainstream' ship. :P

Guy

just a guy
Years
No more fanfics, please reading is annoying.
I don't know, if you're really into the shipping, reading fanfics that follow it might be pretty interesting to read. Better than reading something you're not interested in anyway.

/Me likes the new thread by the way. :]

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
I'm honored AK47. I wonder what were the last things said in the old thread.

Mew~ said:
Anyway, hoping for some Negai hint whilst Ash battles Aloe, and some comfort when he loses

Oh she still might say how Ash still doesn't have a chance against her, blah blah blah, if Ash asks her again.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Years
Hell yeah! The new shipping debates thread deserves a one start rating from me~! Maybe that would change in the future. ;D

I'm sure when Ash loses to Aloe, he will get a nice lecture from Iris about type advantages and stuff. No love. :3

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
He'll get comfort and care from Dent though~
Meh. Dento would probably just be annoyed at him. Since he could beat him but not Aloe.

I think the thread deserves five stars, so yeah. *Rates 5 stars*

Guy

just a guy
Years

Meh. Dento would probably just be annoyed at him. Since he could beat him but not Aloe.
I actually don't see Dento as that type of guy. ):

He might just be like Brock and give him some sort of comfort words or words of motivation. Iris on the other hand, I can see lecturing him, haha.

Cute couple.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Watching more Sinnoh league episodes. Conway and Dawn actually blush at each other XD Conway is *so* creepy. He tells Dawn his unpredictability is part of his appeal XDDDD He only says bye to Dawn XD And Barry: "It's lonely at the top, but Paul's there to keep me company". So cute. Ohhh, so much Paul fanboying in this. XD

Spoiler:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Watching more Sinnoh league episodes. Conway and Dawn actually blush at each other XD Conway is *so* creepy. He tells Dawn his unpredictability is part of his appeal XDDDD He only says bye to Dawn XD And Barry: "It's lonely at the top, but Paul's there to keep me company". So cute. Ohhh, so much Paul fanboying in this. XD

Spoiler:
Pffftttt... I thought the bit where Paul leaves very comashippy. (After Ash wins and Paul decides to leave before the league ends.)

Heattagshipping is awsome. Even though Conways such a perv, they go so well together.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Cue "Burn the Witch!".

Ok so we left off in the old thread about fanfics. I always feel uncomfortable reading them because the characters have personality that the anime doesn't give. One guy used to make really good fanfics (although he was an Advanceshipper). They were very nice to read simply because of the fact that Ash isn't 10 in them.

How about we change "ancient" to "primal"? Or "original"?

Are the Dawn and Conway added bits by the dub? (just like the P.S. in Dawn's note)

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
^ Oh wow, so we actually both agree that it's weird reading Pokemon fanfics for the exact same reason XD

And thinking about that makes me want to watch the Dawn/Conway parts subbed, I wonder how different it was in Japanese~

*looks back at old thread* Oh, Vernikova edited to mention the infamous "A Day Inside May". I never read it, but I heard that crazy Scott guy from bmgf wrote it. People used to bring it up randomly in bmgf's Pokemon anime section to him from time to time, and people seemed to be weirded out by it. I feel like I have to read it sometime, just to find out how weird that guy was, though. Although his debates in their Pokemon anime section were good, when you ended up thinking about how he was dedicating so much time and effort to debating a children's cartoon show, he did seem a pretty weird guy.

*looks at first post again* OK, so now it's been edited that I'm the evil second in command? lol

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Say what? Are we talking about the same Scott as in Scott85? That guy actually does something else other than Johto-hatin'? Does his fanfic have a lot of Johto hate? Cause that's what he was all about. Got banned by all his complaining.

Okay AK47 now you just pushed it with "angel". -_-

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
You know me well. *goes to sit in lonely corner* :(

I should read more ContestShipping fanfics. I tend to stop reading things when I start writing, so-o...

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
You aren't the lone Cafemocha D: I think everyone but AK47 is a Cafemochashipper here XD Not lonely~

Say what? Are we talking about the same Scott as in Scott85? That guy actually does something else other than Johto-hatin'? Does his fanfic have a lot of Johto hate? Cause that's what he was all about. Got banned by all his complaining.

Okay AK47 now you just pushed it with "angel". -_-

Yeah, that Scott. He's known as CyberCubed on Serebii. As well as his Johto hating side, he also had his May fanboying side. And so, "A Day Inside May". No, it's not about Johto hating, it's NC-17 (is that the right American rating?) soo, I'm thinking the title is a pretty good bet what it's about. Wow, I didn't know he got banned from bmgf

Awwww, Ruby angel XDDDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back