• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Paranoia for V Gen Team

Soul_Silver_pkmnbreeder

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2011
Togekiss (Serene Grace/ King's Rock)
Air Slash
Morning Sun
Aura Sphere
Thunder Wave

Smeargle (Own Tempo/ Focus Sash)
Shell Smash
Baton Pass
Spore
Flail

Tyranitar (Sand Stream/ Sitrus Berry)
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Crunch
(+note, took the place of Omastar due to Omastar's lack of Special Defense. Omastar was unable to get set up without getting KO'd)

Salamence (Intimidate/ Expert Belt or Dragon Fang, not sure)
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Hydro Pump

Liligant (Own Tempo/ Big Root)
Giga Drain
Quiver Dance
Petal Dance
Sleep Powder

Metagross (Clear Body/ Leftovers)
Meteor Mash
Hammer Arm
Magnet Rise
Earthquake

Mechanics: Lead with Togekiss so that Morning sun is unimpeded by Sand Stream. After Togekiss faints, Smeargle comes out, spores opponnents (254 speed) and uses Shell Smash (sporing foes that happen to awaken) and baton passes to Tyranitar, Salamance, or Metagross, who fight to the death. After this it's pretty much type advantage gambits, with smeargle coming back out occaisionally after I recieve a KO to try setting up ShellPass again. Tyranitar is the favorite to recieve the first ShellPass due to its Stealth Rock that it can use while the foe sleeps.

Still open to suggestions. Smeargle could use another move instead of flail, maybe. The lowered defense makes focus sash keep it at one HP when the foe wakes up, so flail is at 300 power.

Biggest problems come from Volcorona and Dragonite. Ferrothorn CAN be a niusence, but nothing major.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Why does Togekiss have Morning Sun, but not Roost? Replace it with that.

Ingrain or Substitute goes over Flail on Smeargle so it has something else to pass. Its Attack is too low to use Flail effectively.

Use neither item on Salamence; go with Life Orb or Lum Berry and use:
-Outrage
-Earthquake/Brick Break
-Dragon Dance
-Fire Blast/Brick Break
Nature: Naughty/Naive
EVs: 252 Atk/28 SAtk/228 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate

Lilligant needs Hidden Power (Fire) over one if its STAB moves to deal with Ferrothorn better.

Agiligross is an option:
-Agility
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-ThunderPunch/Zen Headbutt
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 60 HP/252 Atk/196 Spe
Item: Leftovers/Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body

Soul_Silver_pkmnbreeder

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2011
Togekiss has Morning Sun due to my relative inability to access Roost.

I don't want Smeargle to have to retaliation move, but I am going to replace Flail with Destiny Bond.

Should I forego Salamence for Dragonite or Haxorus?

timaeus222

Music Composer, Mixing/Mastering Engineer
Years
The reason it is better to have Roost is because Morning Sun can be affected by weather, but Roost can't.

Instead of replacing Flail for Destiny Bond, perhaps it's better to have Substitute, like PlatinumDude said. That way Shell Smash, which also decreases your defenses, is backed up by Substitute.

Replace Salamence with Haxorus (although Hax is right :/).

If you keep Salamence and its current moves, give it Expert Belt.

Soul_Silver_pkmnbreeder

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2011
I've decided Smeaegle is too high-risk, high-reward for my taste, so I replaced it with an admittedly extremely situationally vulnerable Scisor.

Scisor
Baton Pass
Agility
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch

I kept getting swept by ice types, so I added:
Medicham,
Drain Punch
Ice Punch
Hi Jump Kick
Bulk Up

I know Roost > Morning Sun. I cannot access Roost.
Team after revision:

Claydol
Light Screen
Earth Power
Ice Beam
Stealth Rock

Scisor
(above)

Medicham
(above)

METAGROSS
Light Screen
Meteor Mash
Magnet Rise
Earthquake

Togekiss
Morning Sun
Air Slash
Thunder Wave
Aura Sphere

Salamence
Earthquake
Dragon Dance
Fire Fang
Thunder Fang

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Just choose between Swords Dance or Agility on Scizor; it takes too much time to pass both boosts. Choose which one suits your team better. Fill the empty slot with Substitute or Roost.

Rapid Spin is the standard option on Claydol to remove entry hazards; it can go over Light Screen.

Didn't you see the above Metagross set I posted?

Seriously, the lack of STAB hurts on Salamence. Fire Blast and Outrage or Dragon Claw can go over Thunder Fang and Fire Blast respectively.

Last edited:

Soul_Silver_pkmnbreeder

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2011
Light Screen lets Claydol get off an extra attack or three (depending on the foe. It took 4 sunny day Solar Beams from Typhlosion before going down) before it is KO'd. Is a situational move worth the trade off?

Agilitygross > Metagross; but would Psychic be better over Zen Headbutt due to Fighting types' habitually low Sp. Def.? Even with the small flinch rate, I find it debatable.

Salamence did have Dragon Claw, typo on my part. It IS absurd not to give dragons STAB. I agree Fire Blast is far more powerful, but will the lack of accuracy undermine the gain in power?

I do not have access to Roost. Substitute is viable, I agree, especially with a Baton Pass set.

Last edited:
Back