• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lose Your Battles

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2014
Look, if you had one Pokemon left, or one opportunity
To seize the championship you wanted.
Would you defeat the elite four? Or just let it slip?

His palms are sweaty, knees weak, Poke Balls are heavy. There's vomit on his badges already, Oak's Pokedex and mom's Cinibar spaghetti. He's mute, but on the surface he looks Red and ready to drop Thunderbolts.
But he keeps on forgetting who to send out. He's flinching how, everybody's fainting now.
The HP's run out, times up, over, K.O.!
Snap back to the Pokemon Center, oh there goes gravity.
Oh there goes Blue, he choked.
He's so mad, but he won't give up that easy, no.
He won't have it, he knows his whole back's to these ropes. It don't mater, smell ya later. You know this, but he's broke. He's so stagnant, he knows.

When he goes back to Pallet town, that's when it's back to Oak's lab again yo. This whole Pokedex, he better go capture them all and hope it don't pass him.

These legendaries are escaping, through my weaknesses that are gaping. MewTwo is mine for the taking, make me king. As we move toward a new region.
This old generation is boring, but Pokemon Master is close to post mortem.
Catching em all only grows harder, trainer grows hotter.
He blows, it's all over. These bug catcher's is all on him.
Region to region victories, he's known as Gary mother ****ing Oak.
Lonely routes, God only knows he's grown farther from home, he's no father.
He goes home and he's got a mother but no father.
But hold your nose cause here comes the Grimer to the water.
Red beat him, he's cold product, they moved on to the next schmoe who flows.
He nose dove and lost the championship.
So the soap opera is told and unfolds.
I suppose it's old partner but he's still gotta catch 'em all, Pokemon.

No more next gen games, I'ma change what they call the move Rage.
Tear this Pokemart roof off like two daycare Pokemon caged.
I was just trying to walk into some grass in the begining then the mood all changed.
I've been whited out, fainted and booed off the Contest stage.
But I keep level grinding and stepped right into the next cypher.
Best believe somebody's paying the Gym Leader advice guy.
All the pain inside amplified by the fact that I can't get by without Red beating me.
And I can't provide a win for my team.
Cause man these g**da** youngsters don't let me afford rare candies.
And it's no movie, there's no Mekhi Phifer, this is my life.
And these times are so hard, and it's getting even harder trying to train and level my Pokemon, plus teeter totter caught up between being a Champion and defeating everyone in the region.
To much for me to wanna stay in one spot, another day of monotony has gotten me to the point I'm like a Magikarp, I've got to formulate a plot or I end up in Pokemon Tower or caught.
Victory is my only motherf******* option, defeat is not.
Mom I love you but this little Pallet Town has got to go, I cannot grow old in Kanto's lot.
So here I go it's my first starter, Bulbasaur fail me not, this may be the only save file that I got!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Nice poem, but it should be in the poetry forum, should it not?
It should be - if it still existed! We killed it off just recently due to the continued inactivity of the section.

That doesn't mean you can't write poems or song lyrics or the like still; it just means that it now should be posted in the main section. Which is where I'm moving this thread, incidentally.

Back