• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Galvantula or Yanmega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2013
Hi guys, I'm new to pokecommunity, so if I'm posting this in the wrong place, 1000 apologies.

I've had a Galvantula on my team for awhile now, and it has served me well. I do find its SpAttack a wee bit low though. Anyways. Recently I've been looking at Yanmega's. Which would be the better pokemon? Head to head, I know Galvantula has the better chanceo f winning. (Stab thunderbolt, higher speed.) But overall, which would be better? And would it be possible to ask for movesets?

BTW: My Galvantula has a Timid nature.

Virgilin

Salmon Fishing in Vulcan
Years
Hi!
I would have went with a Galvantula that had Hasty nature. Since Galvantula is a part Bug-type, which mostly consists of physical attacks, you would not want to mess with its attack. It is designed to be an attacker anyway.
Yanmega has higher stats all around. It ha a higher HP, Def, SpA, but particularly low SpD. Its ability Speed Boots compensates for its lower Speed. A Sassy nature Yanmega would be good since Speed Boots would neutralize the decreased Speed while its SpD would increase.
Overall, I think Yanmega is a better choice since it is less vulnerable than Galvantula. You can still get the STAB boots with moves such as Bug Buzz. I hope this helps a little!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Given that this is not a full team, I would like to refer you to the In-Game Team Questions (and Incomplete Team Help) thread. Perhaps try taking the suggestions above, and coming back to the thread I mentioned just now for more pointers, or feel free to make a thread once your team is complete, thank you!

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back