• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PEDRO12's EVERYTHING TUTORIAL PART 2

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
For those who don't know, this is the second part of my tutorial and this is the rest of the scripting part of that tutorial so we'll continue.

UPDATE: Hey guys... I'm starting somewhat of a team not only for maing a hack but more cool stuff. If you read this please visit this thread and read it. If you are one of the first to join.... as in from now till new year..... you will immediately be elevated to level 2 member so you can help with the projects.... What's a level 2 member and why do i have to be one to join a project?? you'll figure out nce you visit the thread.... here it it. PM me if you want to join and i'll send you an invite to the group.......
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=238054

SCRIPTING PART 2:

Spoiler:

PART 10 : HEADER EVENTS

Spoiler:

PART 11 : POC and Movement Editor Tutorial

Spoiler:

Here's the link to toolbox 2:
http://www.4shared.com/file/bLqMAT6q/TOOLBOX_2.html

CLOSING WORD

OK guys, we're done. MY GOD that was exhausting. I have been writing this tutorial for days. GOD. I am tired. I don't know if other people do this, but I wrote it in NOTEPAD than pasted it here, cause it would've been weird to type it in directly. I hope this tutorial helped. If you have any questions please PM or VM me or post your question here. I won't be logging in a lot, so it might take a couple days to answer, but it'll still work. And if I wrote anything wrong tell me please, cause it's a long tutorial and there's no way it's all right. And if you have any major subjects you want me to add to the tutorial, tell me too, and if i know how I'll post it. Bye. And happy hacking.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2011
Unless I'm missing something, which is possible, you didn't explain how to assign the result from msgbox 0x5 to a variable.

-Edit-
I think I figured it out. Is it by using "compare 0x800D 0x1"

Last edited:

Echidna

Years
Unless I'm missing something, which is possible, you didn't explain how to assign the result from msgbox 0x5 to a variable.

-Edit-
I think I figured it out. Is it by using "compare 0x800D 0x1"

Yeah go to the messages part at the beginning of the scripting tutorial in part 1 and it should be explained in the list of message tyes. Anyways, yes the value 1 is assigned to the variable 800D if the answer is yes, and the value 0 is assigned to the same variable if the answer is no. Use the if command after the compare command after the msgbox command to check for the answer. Read the variables section above and you should understand more.

XD I think it more of a scripting then everything :P

Nice signature by the way :)

Thanks dude.

Not too bad! I learned a few things from this that I hadn't previously known.

Happy to help. ;)

Echidna

Years
so did anyone find anything wrong here ????
This tutorial help'n you guys ???

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2016
PEDRO12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well.. thank you ;)

i learned alot about scripting.. im a newbie...
btw.. can i ask? but its out of the topic.. what forum can i ask questions?
i post from a thread this forum(tutorial) asking some questions that would help me... like how to add all d/p pokemon to my hack bla bla bla...but it did not showed up.. its taking a long time now.. will the mods reply to me if my thread wud not be publish? i want it back so that i cud just copy paste it coz its tiring to type my questions again in the other forum sections

btw...can u reply with this question asap?... i saw a reply from your other thread.. did u put the tools
Orinjmate suggested from the toolbox at the above link?

well.. thank you again.. this was really helpful...

Echidna

Years
yeah the link above that says

is my second toolbox, recommended by orinjmate, but the first with the original tools is in the first forum, and to answer your first question , i'm not really sure cause none of my threads weren't published, but PM a guy username: Manipulation. She's a moderator and can answer your question. But don't post that thread here. This is only for giving knowledge not asking for it. tha's why your thread was not published, but if you get it back post it in the rom hacking question's forum, it's somewhere around here.

P.S. I'm glad you liked the tutorial. You can learn how to insert all gen 4 pokemon to your rom in my first thread, because there's is now way to insert them all at the same time, so you'll have to follow the tutorial in the first thread : PEDRO12's Everything tutorial for every last pokemon, that's what's annoying about hacking, but there might be a program somewhere that automatically inserts all pokemon of gen4 out there. BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE.

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2016
thanks for the advice... yeah i really like your tutorial..i lerned alot not like other tutorials coz u came from the basic.. thanks alot.. ;)

Echidna

Years
u're welcome.... if you need any more help PM me and i'll get back to you as soon as possible, that goes for everyone....

Echidna

Years
u have any specific scripts u need, cause editting the enitre scripting section with new examples is hard... and exhausting, but i'd be more than happy to help with any specific scripts u or anyone might need...

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
givepokemon script

Hey!
I just wondered if you could post a script about giving pokemons.
I managed to make a script where a dude is giving me a pokemon , but he just keeps giving me this pokemon ifI ask him again. I know I have to use flags and stuff, but I am not entirely sure where to add for example the givepokemonscript..

so annyways, I wondered if you could post an example of a script like this (it dosent matter which pokemon or level etc. I'll understand ;) )

Echidna

Years
OK here goes:
#dynamic 0xFSF OFFSET

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1000
if 0x1 goto @5
msgbox @1 0x5
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @2
msgbox @3 0x6
release
end

#org @2
givepokemon 0x<pokemon number> 0x<level> 0x<item held number> 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E 0x0
msgbox @4 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
msgbox @7 0x6
setflag 0x1000
release
end

#org @5
msgbox @6 0x6
release
end

#org @1
= Hey, do you want a/npokemon????

#org @3
= OK whatever you want.

#org @4
= [player] obtained <pokemon name>.

#org @6
= Hey I already gave/nyou one.

#org @7
= There you go.
Do you know how to play around with the pokemon and messages?????

Mallonee

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 1, 2012
Actually I have a question. I wasn't able to find anything about editing what pokemon a trainer has. Would you happen to know how to do that?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Actually I have a question. I wasn't able to find anything about editing what pokemon a trainer has. Would you happen to know how to do that?
you just answerd youw own question :P
a-trainer (atleast I think thats what it is called) forgot where to get it. check the tool box

Echidna

Years
hahaha, yeah good notice countryemo, hahaha, that was funny, UHHH, to edit a trainer, download my toolbox from part one of the tutorial(link in my signiture below), there should be the program a-triner, once you've downloaded it, read the trainerbattle section of the tutorial up there, in the scripting part, it's title 15.....read it and you'll find out....

Echidna

Years
hahaha.... sorry cinder.. but i am completely clueless about the ways od ape and unlz gba....... i only know how to insert sprites and i don't know why it works... i just leasrned it and it worked... and i already wrote that up there i inserting new people sprites... but thankjs for the advice.....

Echidna

Years
uh oh...... never tried it... try both.. whichever works is the right one.... u see there are four things in scipting i've never used.... that's one and the other three are:
warphole
setting map tiles
door editting

so try it and whichever works is the right one... sorry..... but i'm kinda sure of that cause i got that from a guy i really trust.. but anyone could be wrong so.......

Back