• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WWE 2K14

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Is it just me or does this game look like it's horribly recycled from WWE '13? I mean, of course it would be hard to start from scratch, but I get sick of paying for an upgraded game year after year that is already dull. It looks like 2K haven't really added much new stuff in apart from the ability to chuck your opponent into the air and finish him / her. The rest from what I saw in the new game play trailer is just the same stuff I saw in the past two WWE games.

As for Fandango... I think he's going to be eventually announced as DLC. I think it would make no sense not to add him. And Summer Rae surely will be in. Also, I hope Paul Heyman and Zeb Colter are included as managers. Other than that, I also want Big E Langston and The Wyatt Family.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
In my opinion, the WWE should've given their video game a complete overhaul as soon as they moved away from THQ a couple of years back. I have no idea how good 2K really is, but if they had given their all, I'm quite sure that they could've taken WWE games to a much higher level than THQ was ever able to.

They probably haven't made much changes to the game, but one thing that they could have done is at least bring back the ability to free roam. It would've given us a more fun way to play out our stories and do our matches. Well, we probably wouldn't be able to roam around in most of our matches, though—just the ones that you're unable to be disqualified from, such as Street Fight and Falls Count Anywhere.

The Ultimate Warrior is going to make an appearance in WWE 2K14. I wonder if we'll be having a storyline based around him, or if he's going to be one of those characters that we're only able to do matches with? Randy Savage, The Rock, Hulk Hogan, Eddie Guerrero, and "Stone Cold" Steve Austin are going to appear in this game as well. I wonder if they'll be having their own stories, too? Personally, I would like to see a story where Austin gets a hold of the WWE championship again. It's been an extremely long time since we've seen the title around his waist, so once he finally does it, it should be quite an exciting moment for most of us. :)

Also, I know that Los Matadores are new to the WWE (they're Primo and Epico, so they are not exactly new—they've only been repackaged to look new), but I'm still expecting them to be available in-game at some capacity. Perhaps they'll be distributed as some sort of a DLC?

Last edited:
Years
Perdition Haze said:
The Ultimate Warrior is going to make an appearance in WWE 2K14. I wonder if we'll be having a storyline based around him, or if he's going to be one of those characters that we're only able to do matches with? Randy Savage, The Rock, Hulk Hogan, Eddie Guerrero, and "Stone Cold" Steve Austin are going to appear in this game as well. I wonder if they'll be having their own stories, too? Personally, I would like to see a story where Austin gets a hold of the WWE championship again. It's been an extremely long time since we've seen the title around his waist, so once he finally does it, it should be quite an exciting moment for most of us. :)
Unfortunately, it doesn't sound as if 2K14 is going to have it's own unique story mode, but it'll be similar to last year's Attitude Era mode, except this year it focuses on past Wrestlemanias. And to be quite honest, I can't say I'm that thrilled for it, but it will be nice to see guys like the Macho Man and Hulk Hogan back in the game.

And I think the biggest problem this game is facing is that 2K took over when a large chunk of the game had already been completed by THQ/Yukes, other than finalizing the roster and whatnot. So it'll probably feel a lot like the games of the past couple years, with no real changes to be expected until the series makes the jump to the PS4/Xbox One. And while I'll probably get the game at some point since I've got most of the recent ones, I'll probably wait until the price drops and all of the DLC is released before I bother picking it up (I'll still be occupied by GTA V and Pokemon X/Y for a while, anyway).

Years
I can only imagine that 2K and WWE are going to go hard next year, when the game is released for the PS4/Xbox One. This year was a bit of a 'throwaway' year, but we still got a few new and cool things.

Mania Mode is pretty sick, and allows us to play guys who haven't been in the games for years (Goldberg, Hogan, etc) and recreate cool moments. We might even see some new guys that haven't been announced yet. I think Mania is the cut-off for roster, so I'm not sure what kind of DLC we'll get... Big E, Fandango, a few others. Maybe NXT guys?

Back