• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Morals

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
There are themes and morals hidden in various video games. But thinking of this, what kinds of morals, or themes from specific video games stood out to you the most, and what have u learned from these video games? Do you apply those teachings in real life? Even if 's not quite obvious, what kinds of lessons from specific video games do you think there can be? Any other thoughts?

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
In my experience, video games are far more a simple reflection of our society's values than any worthwhile sort of tutelary or revelationary device.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Well videogames can teach us morals but mostly they just go for the black and white perspective. And some games just avoid answering to moral dilemas.
Few games that I have played, had a messages of helping your friends, accepting yourself, trying to help others etc. These very basic morals and lessons everybody learns in early age but doesnt master until later in life.
Im talking about my experiences with the Persona games. Especialy 3 and 4 which are the only ones I have played. 4 was the first one I played and the basic story spins around social life, mental problems, friendship, morals etc. I like to recommend that game for anyone interested in these type of conversations.

Back