• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Auburn Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manio

Pokemon: Auburn Sky Creator
Years
I've been dabbling around in RMXP, and Essentials and I've decided I'm actually going to commit and try my hands at making a Pokemon game. So, bear with me as I attempt to describe in detail about what my goals are.

auburnsky.gif

Story:
Spoiler:

The Hero
hereosyle.png

A boy/girl who moves to Oubur Region after the tragic death of his/her parents. They move in with their Grandmother in the hopes of becoming a better Pokemon Trainer, and unraveling the mystery behind the deaths, and what's going on in the Oubur Region.

The Starters
startersd.png

Nutrel - Field Mouse Pokemon (Grass Starter)
Charbro - Small Cow Pokemon (Fire Starter)
Slink - Amphibian Pokemon (Water Starter)

Nutrel - The Field Mouse Pokemon
Nutrel are very shy, and timid Pokemon and are hardly ever seen in groups. They've been known off to give off a rather disgusting scent when alarmed. They tend to run into trees to knock down the fruit they eat.

Charbro - The Small Cow Pokemon
Charbro usually make their homes inside the rim of a volcano. When mating, the Charbro who can remain in the lava the longest wins the female. Males who lose the mating ritual are removed from the colony, and sent to live on their own.

Slink - The Amphibian Pokemon
Slink's are usually found in small ponds, and rivers and feast on algae and small fish. They usually don't make much contact with other Pokemon, but when threatened they'll put up a fight.

*Note - The Starters are in the beginning stages. They will be updated.

Main Characters:

Professor Cedar
cedarv.png

Professor Cedar used to be one of Professor Oak's aides, and is now a fully fledged Pokemon Professor whom is studying the diseases, and sicknesses found in Pokemon. He gives your starter after telling you about the volcano situation, and asks you to find out more about what's happening.

Magnus
magnus.png

Magnus is the leader of Squad 7 (better names are welcomed) which is the group attempting to erupt Mt. Ishmir which in turn would cause the lava/magma to flow across the entire region destroying everything, and pretty much killing everyone. He's kind of stuck-up, and doesn't care whom he harms to get his job done. Players will also find out some dark secrets about him later on the game that clear up a few loose ends.

Tyson
tysonp.png

Tyson is the best friend of the hero, and also the leader of the support group called "PokeLife" who's goal is to stop Magnus, and his plans for erupting the volcano. He meets the Hero after they obtain their first badge and immediately become friends. Try to imagine an environmental protection agency, but for Pokemon.

Gym Leaders/Elite 4:

leader1.png

Korbin
Gym Leader - Blackroot Town
Types - Grass
Korbin specializes in Grass Pokemon. I'm trying to decide what Pokemon he's going to have as his team, and I'm stuck at the moment. Suggestions are welcomed.

sheldonf.png

Sheldon
Gym Leader - Aquaria City
Types - Water
Sheldon specializes in Water Pokemon. He wears some odd crown on his head, and calls himself the King Of The Sea. Suggestions for his Pokemon are welcomed.

Blaze
Gym Leader - Crispe Village
Types - Fire
Blaze uses Fire types. The current Pokemon I'm thinking of having him use are Houndour, Charmander, and Magby.
Features:
- 50 Fakemon, including all the original Pokemon.
- 8 Gyms, and a Pokemon League.
- Challenges/Events to get Special/Legendary Pokemon.
- Dark/Gritty story-line that is aiming to be darker than any original Pokemon game.
- Ability to trade with other players.
- New form of transportation.
- New mini-games.
- Various Game Endings based on choices.
- HG/SS Tilesets
- 3 Brand New Starters
---
Notices
I'll also be looking for help in making this game as doing everything myself would be immensely difficult and this would work great as a group effort. So, down below are a few positions I'm looking for and everyone who helps out will be sort of considered the "Auburn Sky Family" in a sense.

Also, all sprites are subject to change.

I'll also be posting up some sprites, and the region map I've been working on. Expect those up in a few days.

I'd be much obliged if I could a team to help me with game, and hopefully make my dream come true. Positions needed are below.

Positions Needed
Overworld Spriter
Fakemon Spriter
Trainer Spriter
Coders
Mappers

I can do some Fakemon, Trainer, Mapping and Coding but I can't do it all alone so I could really use all the help I can get to make this project, and my dream become a reality. If anyone has any questions, or concerns about the project as a whole you can PM me, or ask away in this thread.

Everything in the thread is subject to change, because with your comments and criticism you could be helping me out greatly to produce quality content for the community here, as well as people interested in playing the game. So, I ask that nobody posts negative criticism, that kind of thing doesn't really help situations.

Support Bars
femalebar.png

Code:
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3169/femalebar.png
maleherobar.png

Code:
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8016/maleherobar.png

Last edited:

Manio

Years
August 10th, 2011
- Finished the userbars so now people can show their support of the game.
- Started finishing up the over-world sprites for the trainers.
- Started spriting some of the Fakemon.
--
Also, I could really use some help getting this on the way.

Manio

Years
August 11th, 2011
auburnstarters.png

Today's update is all about these little guys. My first attempts at spriting Fakemon. I'll tell you a little bit about each of them, and of course they will be tweaked in the future once I get a little bit better at spriting Pokemon. Anyways, descriptions below from to left to right.

Nutrel - The Seed Pokemon
Nutrel are very shy, and timid Pokemon and are hardly ever seen in groups. They've been known off to give off a rather disgusting scent when alarmed. Since the tip of their head is so hard they run into trees to knock down the fruit that they eat.

Charbro - The Charcoal Pokemon
Charbro usually make their homes inside the rim of a volcano. When mating, the Charbro who can remain in the lava the longest wins the female. Males who lose the mating ritual are removed from the colony, and sent to live on their own.

Slink - The Water-Snake Pokemon
Slink's are usually found in small ponds, and rivers and feast on algae and small fish. They usually don't make much contact with other Pokemon, but when threatened they'll put up a fight. They also have an egg attached to their throat, from which they hatched, and that's where they store their food.

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
I'm pretty sure you're aware of this, but, the sprites are very choppy.

Story - Bad

This story is very bland.
It seems like the Cinnibar Island eruption. The story is also the same old Pokémon stories.
I'd suggest getting a better plot, but, as of now, it's not really attention grabbing. I don't mean to sound rude, but, I'm just trying to help..

Hero/Heroine - Decent

As being mere recolors of the Waitress and Ace Trainer of Unova, they're a good base. The heroine, is perfect, as only her dress has been recolored/editied, to my knowledge anyways. However, the male hero needs his attire and hair reworked. I am curious though, was his OW's hair based off of Chili's? That's certainly who it looks like. The males hand could also use some shading, and I would've just left the PokéBall in his hand; the ball would be much smaller, especially at that angle. y you chose that name. I like it, but, it's merely Cheren with .. something over his face.

I'll give a better review later..

Manio

Years
@ Ęℓαчиıı - Thanks for the criticisms, and review. I've worked a little bit on the plot, and kind of updated it to something that I feel is fairly original. Yes, I realize the Pokemon sprites are choppy, they're pretty much my first attempt at that kind of spriting. I'm gonna keep on working, and practicing and hopefully they'll stop being so..choppy.

Thanks again!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Again Shaly, this thread is over 2 months old. Please check the date before posting. Thanks.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back