• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Research: Yet another question I'm posing: Pokédex Glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Intro to the Glitch
HackMew and I were talking about this glitch on MSN, and I decided to post a thread here about it.

Straight from Bulbapedia:
The species names present in FireRed and LeafGreen are cut off in early English releases of the games, most specifically those species names made up of more than one word with a space in between. This causes Pokémon like Pidgey to be listed as "Tiny Pokémon" rather than "Tiny Bird Pokémon." Internal game data lists the species name the same as it appears in Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald and other games, indicating a glitch in the Pokédex where a blank space is confused for the terminating byte for the name. This was addressed in later releases of the game. This is the easiest way to tell whether the game in question is a v1.0 or v1.1 release.
Well, this may not be a big glitch, but it would be nice to see this problem addressed in FireRed v1.0. How can we achieve this?

Maybe somebody can take a crack at the coding in FireRed v1.1 and port the fix over.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Ironically, we posted on the same day. Oh, well. You can read further here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back