• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help on my RP Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
Years
Well i was gonna start my RP, but i'm not 100% sure how i should layout the 1st post where the sign up guide and etc etc is, can anyone help me out?

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
Alright, let's cover the fundamental basics first:

This is the Other Roleplay forum. Any rp you want to make not related to Pokemon goes here. There's another roleplay forum in PC specifically designated for Pokemon, so if you want to make an rpg based on Pokemon, go here

Assuming you've roleplayed before, sign ups/plot shouldn't be new to you. Construct a mediocre plot and sign up in the same thead, label the thread, and begin it in the appropriate section (Other roleplay/Pokemon roleplay).

Remember that if it does not satisfy the moderators, it'll probably get closed. There's a new rule in Other Roleplay (I don't know if it counts for Pokemon Roleplay as well) that if your rpg isn't good enough, it won't show. Keep that in mind as you make it.

Last edited:

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
Years
I only posted it here cuz this is the only place it had the RPG Lounge and you said to ask for help in the RPG Lounge @_@.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
Kakashi Hatake said:
I only posted it here cuz this is the only place it had the RPG Lounge and you said to ask for help in the RPG Lounge @_@.

I said to ask for help, true, and it should be pretty obvious that you only ask for help if you need help. o.o;

Anyway, my previous post wasn't berating you or anything; it was answering your questions in your first post. Sorry if it sounded like it did.

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
Years
Its okay i'll just wait for someone to help, and its not that their a problem to me, i am just clueless how i should set it out the fact its quite late for me my head is empty, and i've never done Pokemon RPs before lol.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Hmm...how to set up an RP? o.o Well, basically you just start a new topic in the correct RP section and add two things; a description of your plot and a sign-up sheet for those who would join, in that order. For more specifics on what is expected from a plot/sign-up sheet, I'd suggest reading the rules. Those are from the Pok?mon RP section but I believe that the same apply for both, and unless you're feeling very confident about your RPing skills then I'd also suggest taking a look at the helpful links for new RPers.

That's all there really is to it, although like LilyPichu said, due to the abbysmally poor 'RPing' of certain people on these forums, all new RP plots are moderated, and until Ookami gives the clear for your plot the thread won't show. I know for a fact that this applies to both sections because one of my friends is currently waiting for her RP to appear. Oh, and to avoid getting on our dear mod's bad side, I'd also suggest reading the sign-up rules.

Yeah, hope some of that helped. Have fun, enjoy RPing, don't double post, and write nice and long and I'm sure you'll have no problems. ^-^

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
Years
Again its not that, i just not sure what Plot and stuff to write up, because its based on much of Richie's life, and since hardly anything is known about him its quite hard, and i asure you i have been doing Roleplay for about 6 years of my life.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Kakashi Hatake said:
Again its not that, i just not sure what Plot and stuff to write up, because its based on much of Richie's life, and since hardly anything is known about him its quite hard, and i asure you i have been doing Roleplay for about 6 years of my life.

Oh, I see. *Twitch* Well, I'm afraid the only thing I can suggest is coming up with another concept because quite frankly, I haven't seen a single character based RP succeed for the simple reason that there's not really much fun in it for anyone else (As I'm assuming you'd be playing Richie, ne?). :\

I'd suggest making a fanfic out of it instead, but that's just me. Anyways, the Drawing Board is there for posting RP ideas, but really, I don't see how anyone can help you if you don't give anything concrete for people to work with. -.-

Zelos

*yawn*
Years
Well....I guess you'll just have to come up with that yourself? Usually when people come up with ideas, they'll use it themselves instead of just giving it to someone else....

Zelos

*yawn*
Years
Yes, I would suppose that you would have to. It's easy to come up with any old plot, but if you want a good one that people will actually join, then you'll need some thing original, interesting, and that will draw people to it =D

And, off-topic, but 600th post! :P

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
Years
If you don't know a lot about Richie's life, you can always make up his past, or life, whatever... everyone does that when something is not known by anyone, if it is important, they invent anything to make the RP better

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
Years
Ok i kinda changed my plots a bit, i have two plots but i'm not sure which one to chose.

Plot 1: Your a general Pokemon TCG Addict who suddenly gets sucked into the world of Pokemon but your in an unknown region.

Plot 2: Your sucked into the more ANCIENT WORLD of Pokemon with alot of the more older Pokemon and even unknown Pokemon.

Which one should i work with?

EDIT: I decided to start off with the first one, if it isn't very successful i'll try the second one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back