• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Japanese people on Random Wi-Fi are way too good *_*

Chrono

\:D/
Years
Out of like 8 matches one of them is probably a person from the U.S. I face and the rest are Japanese people who are too good!

My pokemon are EV trained completely and I'm not really use to the 3 pokemon only match up! But maybe you guys can help me!

Frosslass
Timid
+255 Speed
+255 SP. Atk

Thunderwave
Icebeam
Confuse Ray
Psychic

Focus Sash

Gardevoir
Modest
+255 SP Atk
+255 Speed

Calm Mind
Thunderbolt
Shadowball
Psychic

Spooky Plate

Staraptor
Adamant
+255 Atk
+255 Speed

Close Combat
Fly
Brave Bird
U-Turn

Leftovers

Blissey
Adamant
+255 HP
+255 Atk

Toxic
Refresh
Softboiled
Earthquake

Lucky Egg

Glaceon
Modest
+255 Sp atk
+255 HP

Shadow Ball
Ice Beam
Substitute
Hail

Icy Rock

Poliwrath
Adamant
+255 Atk
+255 HP

Payback
Earthquake
Poison Jab
Dive

Quick Claw

I have about few others with max EV Stats: Miltank, Gallade, Honchkrow, Rhyperior, Cherrim, Weezing, Tyranitar and Alakazam.

So can anyone help me! For example like which 3 should go together overall?

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Do my eyes decieve me?
Blissey with EVs in Attack? My god, why? o.O And with Adamant nature?
Not to mention Lucky Egg... The best item... but for in-game playing, totally useless in competitive. You should replace it with Leftrovers or something like that ;)
As for the attacks... As attacking move Blissey must either use Seismic Toss or something that uses her pretty decent Sp.Att. EQ is totally useless on her.

I would give up on Blissey if I were you... your Blissey is useless with the set she has now.

Your Poliwrath... Payback + Quick Claw is risky... since Payback's advantage lies in its 100 Power if it's used after opponent moves. If your Quick Claw works, you attack with 50 BP attack which isn't really enough as Poliwrath does not have Technician...

Overally... you are depending too much on HP EVs without moves that would use them (by that I mean stalling)... It's one thing do a EV training but the second is to distribute EVs in correct stats...

Xatumi

Mech-Zoid
Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2014
Try taking out Blissey and replacing it with Rhyperior. Give it Rockey Helment and these moves.

- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn

Jolly (If it is, if it isn't I'm trying to utilize speed here for you)
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Then switch in and make it your lead and tell me how that works out for you! If you ever encounter any problems such as Grass-, Water-, and Ground moves, I would recommend switching to Froslass and causing some major status afflictions!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Froslass is better off setting up Spikes to support the team with entry hazards to help net some passive damage as non-Fliers/Levitators switch in. It's also a bit too frail to utilize para-flinch effectively. The main point of Froslass is to stack as many Spikes layers as possible (max. 3) before being finished off. If Froslass is down to low HP, it can use take advantage of its high Speed to use Destiny Bond to take the opponent down with it:
-Spikes
-Taunt
-Ice Beam/Shadow Ball
-Pain Split/Destiny Bond
Nature: Timid
EVs: 248 HP/8 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body

or
-Spikes
-Taunt
-Destiny Bond
-Ice Beam/Shadow Ball
EVs: 252 HP/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body

While Gardevoir can set up Calm Mind, its average Speed and low defenses somewhat hold it back. Try out Alakazam instead; it hits harder and it's faster than Gardevoir too:
-Psyshock/Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power (Ice/Fire)/Substitute
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Focus Sash/Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard

Staraptor is better off utilizing a Choice item because residual damage from Life Orb in conjunction with Brave Bird recoil shortens its time in battle:
-Return/Double-Edge
-Brave Bird
-Close Combat
-U-turn/Quick Attack
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Scarf/Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate

Blissey's Attack is outright terrible. Seriously. Its base 10 Attack means that it can't do much damage with Earthquake. Lucky Egg doesn't do anything in competitive battles, since you earn no EXP there. It also has good support options out there for you to take advantage of:
-Aromatherapy/Heal Bell/Stealth Rock
-Thunder Wave/Toxic
-Softboiled
-Seismic Toss/Flamethrower
Nature: Bold
EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 SDef
Ability: Natural Cure

or
-Wish
-Softboiled/Protect
-Seismic Toss/Flamethrower
-Thunder Wave/Toxic
Nature: Bold
EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 SDef

While Glaceon has high Special Attack, its shallow movepool, low Speed and bad defensive typing let it down. Since you have an Ice Pokemon in Froslass already, and given that some of your Pokemon are weak to Stealth Rock, Starmie is a solid Rapid Spinner for you to use to rid your team of hazards:
-Hydro Pump/Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Rapid Spin/Recover
Item: Leftovers/Life Orb

Poliwrath is the odd man out, IMO. Sure, its bulk is rather good, but there are other Pokemon who can do its job better, like Keldeo, who happens to share the same typing as Poliwrath:
-Hydro Pump
-Secret Sword
-Hidden Power (Ghost/Ice)
-Icy Wind/Surf
Item: Choice Specs

If Keldeo is banned from Random Matchup, use Terrakion instead:
-Swords Dance
-Rock Polish
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Air Balloon/Rock Gem

Edit: you seem to be weak to Scizor just by looking at this team. Heatran or Volcarona can handle it nicely:

Heatran:
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Ice/Grass)
-Stealth Rock/Taunt/Flame Charge/Substitute
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire

or
-Overheat
-Flamethrower
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Ice)/Dragon Pulse
Nature: Timid/Modest
Item: Choice Scarf

or
-Overheat/Fire Blast
-Dragon Pulse
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Grass)/Flamethrower
Nature: Timid/Modest
Item: Choice Specs

Volcarona:
-Quiver Dance
-Fiery Dance/Fire Blast
-Bug Buzz
-Rest
Nature: Modest
EVs: 160 HP/252 SAtk/96 Spe
Item: Chesto Berry

Last edited:

Chrono

\:D/
Years
Thanks for all the info guys! I stopped competitive battle before Soul Silver came out LOL I had Hypnosis + Focus Punch on Poliwrath back in the day but the accuracy for Hypnosis changed but then I wasn't really sure what to change both moves with so I used Payback and Dive. There are a bunch of pokemon out there better than most of these pokemon but ehh I kinda like UU pokemon. If I ever use Blissey again Ill make sure to change her moveset (I forgot S-Toss is actually good) and give her Staraptor's leftovers Since no pokemon can have the same item. D:

and omg I am weak against scizor, and everyone uses him LOL Currently Im training a larvesta modest nature

OH! I love my Rhyperior I use it way more often than my Blissey, Ill try that moveset too!

AND EJHDJEDHJ I use to have spikes on my Frosslass I don't know why I took it off but I have been thinking about putting it back for awhile and I'll do that now.

Back