• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poison and Bug

Dragonite's Wrath

Dragons are my Heart and Soul
Years
My idea is this
Ariados
Sucker Punch
Spider Web
Poison Spikes
Poison Jab

Meganium
Synthesis
Reflect
Magical Leaf
Leaf Storm..?

Armaldo
Crush Claw
Rock Slide
Stealth Rock?
Slash

Cradily(I've never used him before)
Sludge Bomb
Substitute
Ingrain
Giga Drain

Kabutops
X-Scissor
Giga Impact
Stone Edge?
Hydro Pump

Aerodactyl
Giga Impact
Rock Slide
Dragon Breath?
Agility

Its a Trap Team with a nature theme. Aerodactyl, Kabutops, Meganium and Cradily are the sweepers and walls. I was thinking about a Cacturne, but couldnt think of how to fit him in. Is there anything wrong with this team?
Insult it all you want, I dont care. I'm just desperate for an awesome Trap Team.

Last edited:

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Your post is lacking some important information when it comes to rating teams. You're going to have to provide EVs, Natures, and which Abilities you're choosing for a proper rate.

However I can say a few things from what I've seen so far:
- Ariados isn't a very good pokemon. It's because his typing is one of the worst in the game, his base stats are mediocre at best for a fully evolved pokemon, and his movepool is extremely shallow. You may want to consider a replacement over him.

- Never use moves that require a charging turn, or recharging turn. This means that you probably should look for a different move over Giga Impact. It gives the opponent a free switch or setup move that could lead to your demise.

- I understand the theme you're going for, but try finding pokemon that complement each other and can hold their own in battle. You've chosen some rather weak pokemon to create your team around. Are you familiar with tiers?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
- Never use moves that require a charging turn, or recharging turn. This means that you probably should look for a different move over Giga Impact. It gives the opponent a free switch or setup move that could lead to your demise.

I'd definitely like to restate this point. When you think of it in how much power you deal, think of it like this. Giga Impact has 150 base power, and it takes up two turns. Return has a max of 102 base power, and it takes up one turn. Let's do some thinking:

Giga Impact
150 bp for turn 1 + 0 bp for turn 2 = 150 bp

Return
102 bp for turn 1 + 102 bp for turn 2 = 204 bp

See, with moves like Return, you get more bang for your buck and do more damage in the long haul. The next thing I wanted to ask was, are you familiar with the physical/special split in moves? There are some Pokemon, like Kabutops, who are very good at using either physical or special moves... but usually not both. Hydro Pump isn't very good on Kabutops because it uses his weaker attacking stat. You should try running Waterfall over Hydro Pump because of that. Kabutops would also like Low Kick > X-Scissor or Giga Impact because it lets him hit Ferrothorn who otherwise completely stops him. The other move (X-Scissor or Giga Impact) should be replaced with Swords Dance or Aqua Jet: SD lets you increase your attack easy while Aqua Jet lets you finish off really fast, frail things.

Dragonite's Wrath

Dragons are my Heart and Soul
Years
No. I dont know what tiers are.
I forgot Giga Impact was a recharge move. My strategy has always been Hit and Run. Use strong pkmn with high speed. I wanted to try something new. I'll admit Ariados isn't the best, but I wanted to use his low speed with Sucker Punch, but I'll find something else. Is Rampardos a good replacement?
The weak pkmn comment, I know. My main HG team is Typhlosion, Alakazam, Dragonite, Tyranitar and Quagsire, all sweepers of some kind, and it got boring. I was trying to use uncommon pkmn in this Trap Team. I've been in some wifi battles, and seen every Pokemon Episode, and I remembered Ash fighting a Gym Leader that used Stealth Rock, and I wanted to try it.
I havent used Kabutops since R/B/Y, so I forgot the low Sp atk. Plus, I've never seen the point of Fighting moves, other than Cross Chop and Vital Throw. Hitmonlee is the only solid fighting type pkmn I've really used. I've also never used any kind of stat move unless it was really early in the game. Plus, it wouldnt help me, cuz I Haze out evry stat change. I'm willing to try SD.
I like strategy, but the way my brother taught me is Hit and Run. He always used speed and (sp)atk. I've always been attracted to power, and it seems to destroy me in battles. Only strategy on my HG team is in a double battle, with Tyranitar's Sand Stream going, and Quagsire out next to it.
I'm not good with Bug Types, and I want to learn how to use them. It might help me in battles. Here's what Kabutops is with your suggestions
Low Kick
Aqua Jet
Waterfall
Swords Dance.

Last edited:

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
In that case, you may wish to join in on the new tutor program that we're going to be starting up on June 11th. :D Keep an eye out for the thread and you'll be familiar with the terms and stuff in no time!

Back