• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hydroxylapatite Version

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
201H.png
201Y.png
201D.png
201R.png
201O.png
201X.png
201Y.png
201L.png
201.png
201P.png
201.png
201T.png
201I.png
201T.png
201E.png

(The RP with the hardest name to pronounce!)

[RATED T]

The Grab

Welcome. Are you comfortable? Good. Do you want anything? A glass of water, something to nibble on?

I'm really glad you could come on such short notice. You see, I was once the second hand man to Giovanni, leader Team Rocket. Then I was leader myself when he left. Then, unfortunately, the team fell apart because of the efforts of a boy and girl from New Bark Town and Giovanni's own son.

I am truly embarrassed. I am personally ashamed, and will be for the rest of my life. I am not fit to run a second Neo-Rocket operation. Or any other Syndicate. I'm a failure.

And now that I look back upon my defeat, I'm grateful for it. Team Rocket was a team without any purpose rather then to make the world a horrible place for all and was fueled solely on greed.

I am failure.... because I allowed myself to become tainted.

But you are pure. You are actually out to help the world.

And I'd be happy to give you all that was left behind from Team Rocket to help your cause. Bases, machinery, Pokemon, members.... anything you ask for.

I will spend the rest of my existence helping you. I must become clean.

Introduction

Oh, dang! I'm so sorry I'm late! I was up all night researching Pokemon last night and overslept this morning.

Well I guess this is no time to dilly-dally. I bet you're all eager to become trainers! So, I'll just get to the speech. Ahem,

Welcome to the World of Pokemon!

Even though you were living in it all your life, but, you know. Heh.

I'm Professor Elm, and I research Pokemon breeding patterns and eggs! And if you have amnesia, let me remind you you're in the Johto Region!

150px-PokeGear.png

Now, here is your own PokeGear. These work as a Pokedex, Radio, Telephone, Clock, and Map! You're going to need it on your journeys. It's already got my number in there, so if your need any advice, just give me a ring! Oh, and about the map, it lists all major cities and routes. Hint, Major, there are plenty of towns and cities not listed on there.

So, now that you're set up with those, here are your choices for Pokemon, guys. They are all level five:

Spr_2s_172.png

Pichu
Taken by Nideous

Electric

Static Zap: Electric Type; The user covers themselves in static electricity and makes contact with the foe somehow to cause damage.
Growl: Beast Type; The user growls cutely at the foe, making them lower their guard by instinct. Makes them easier to hit.

Spr_2s_173.png

Cleffa

Aether

Metronome: Magic Type; The user wags its finger and unleashes a random attack. The attack will change every mission.
Defense Curl: Colorless Type; The user curls up in a ball of sorts. It makes them take less damage from an incoming attack.

Spr_2s_174.png

Igglybuff

Magic

Pound: Colorless Type; The user lightly hits the foe.
Sing: Noise Type; The user sings a soothing and enchanting melody that makes the foe fall asleep.

Spr_2s_175.png

Togepi
Taken by Skymin

Colorless

Present: Magic Type; The user creates a ball of energy and throws it at the foe. It has a fifty-fifty shot of doing damage or healing the foe.
Charm: Dark Type; The user uses dark energy to make the foe hypnotized into thinking the user is highly adorable. Makes the more foe do less damage with attacks out of reluctance to hurt user.

Spr_2s_236.png

Tyrogue

Beast

Tackle: Colorless Type; The user throws itself at the foe.
Helping Hand: Magic Type; The user uses a special clapping maneuver that increases its attack power a little. The downside? It has to stand still to do the maneuver correctly, so it's prone to attacks. If the User wants, it can use this maneuver to power up an ally instead.

Spr_2g_238_s.png

Smoochum
Taken by Miss Doronjo

Snow/Light

Powder Snow: Snow Type; The user unleashes a small snowstorm of flurries to attack the foe.
Sweet Kiss: Light Type; The user infuses psychic power into their lips and cutely kisses the foe on the cheek, causing the foe the fall over unconscious of a few moments.

Spr_2s_239.png

Elekid
Taken by Name7aken

Beast/Electric

Quick Attack: Colorless Type; The user runs and attacks the foe with ample speed. Doesn't do a lot of damage.
Meditate: Light Type; The user sits down and calms all the muscles in its body to increase its attack power. Once completed, the user will become faster, too. However, they are prone to attacks while meditating.

Spr_2g_240.png

Magby
Pending for Roserade

Temperature

Smog: Haze Type; The user releases a mist of special gas, causing the foe slight damage and possibly poisoning them.
Flame Body: Temperature Type; The user cranks up its internal temperature so that when the foe makes physical contact, it will leave them with a burn.

Also, here are five regular Pokeballs to catch new Pokemon. Be careful, though. If the desired Pokemon manages to break out, the ball is busted and unusable!

Well? What are you waiting for? Get out of here and enjoy your journey! Good luck!

Present Day Affairs

GSC_Rocket_ExecutiveF.png

Approximately five years after the fall of Neo Team Rocket, a woman with a pack of followers appeared with a message.

"Downfall shall be brought upon the Pokemon League."

The woman, only known by her alias "Ms. Jade," claims herself to be the leader of the Representatives of Justice. The message she sends is not to invoke fear, but instead, hope. Ms. Jade strives to have Pokemon be seen as equals to humans, and any act forcing Pokemon to battle disgusts her. She was once a member of Team Plasma, a group that was in the Unova Region. However, the group disbanded because their leader N disappeared and his father, Ghetsis, only created the group to selfishly control the world.

Team Plasma's message spoke to her, but, segregating Pokemon and humans was a bit off to her. She instead thought equality was the best choice, befriending Pokemon rather than catching them. They battle because the want to battle. They protect because they love you and want to, not because they have to.

Joining the group to become a "Representative of Justice" is simple. You don't have to sign up anywhere. The only requirements are to release your Pokemon from their Pokeballs and have them instead be your friends, rather than slaves, and push the movement's message. That's it. No contracts, no entitlement. It's kind of an "anonymous" thing.

There are officials, however. There is of course the leader Ms. Jade and her second in command. He goes by "Right-Hand," and masks his identity. There are also five executives to appear publicly for rallies and promoting because Ms. Jade is nowhere to be found.... in fact, she hasn't been seen by anyone. All her decrees are sent out by the executives.

Their final goal is to make the Pokemon League break apart due to the lack of participation.

....But there is a bigger rumor going around here. Some circles have said that there may be dimension tampering involved with the group. What could they be up to?

But then again, it's just a myth. Pth.

You the Player

You are a brand new trainer on the Pokemon scene having just got your Trainer License! You just got your first Pokemon from Professor Elm, and you're about to take on the Johto Pokemon League!

You will have many events happening to you and you'll have to make a lot of choices along the way. And of course, that Representative of Justice stuff isn't exactly what you'd call underground, so prepare to get all mixed up with that.

It's a journey RP, after all! Your journey is your choice!

There are the sixteen Kanto/Johto gyms in their usual places. Due to the change of types (which you will learn about in the Mechanics section) the gym types are as follows:

Spoiler:

Mechanics

Hey, remember that Type system from Sophrosune? BAM!

Now the Pokemon system. It differs from the usual RP's, too.

Welcome to a Pokemon universe where they are twenty types. Yep! Each individual type has five defenses and weaknesses, and all the Pokemon you've come to know and love will have different typing. There are also new moves they can learn, making even Pokemon you've raised before in other RPs or actual games a new and exciting experience.

Key: The type on the left are defending, which mean the top are attack types from opposing. Blue is Not very Effective and red is Super Effective. (Take for instance, if you travel the horizontal line for Colorless, you'll find out that Beast type attacks are good against it.)

Here are the matchups:

29esp61.png

Confused to what the types mean?
Spoiler:

This is to keep the types as balanced as possible.

----

However, unlike Sophrosune, This is a non-statistical RP.

To level your Pokemon, you must train them. You can battle them on a route; battle an NPC trainer, etc. Any way that gets them battle experience.

The more creative and detailed your training experience, the more levels! (Limit to two levels per mission)

To catch a Pokemon: When in a place containing Pokemon, there will be encounter rates. (Common-Uncommon-Rare.)

You will also have different kinds of Pokeballs, so please specify what kind of ball you're going to use. Take note of possible advantages to the situation! What works best?

When you want to catch something, make sure you have balls in your bag, write about the battle up to the ball being thrown. Depending on what ball you used, the rarity, and the descriptiveness of the battle, I will judge whether or not the capture was successful.

----

To battle a fellow RP'er: I expect you to decide the winner. If you want me to decide, I certainly will be glad to do so! But no complaints on my decision. And I won't be biased. I don't care who wins.

To battle Gym Leader: You will battle me! I will assess your chances of winning (no complaints) and ask you to pick a number between a certain amount. I will assign secretly what numbers lead to your victory and what lead to defeat. The better suited for the challenge you are, the more likely you will win!

And I'm honest, so don't worry about cheating. If anything, I want you to win. But, I got to make it balanced without stats!

To battle NPC: You can create NPCs and beat them (or not) as you wish. However, in gym challenges, I will create gym trainers. In contests, in the final battle rounds, I will create NPCs that you must face.

----

Gym Challenges: Go in and refer to (To battle a Gym Leader and To battle an NPC) above for more information.

Contest Challenges: There are three levels of challenge.

Modeling: You will dress up your Pokemon with the props in the Contest dressing rooms (Get creative with what you find!) then have your Pokemon strut its stuff on the catwalk. The more creative and descriptive model gets higher points!

Musical Presentation: To all that survived, your Pokemon must now perform an appeal to music. The genre of music will be at random and told to you before you go on. Get creative, as usual. The more suited to the genre the appeal is, the more likely to survive.

Showcase Battle: The best of the best go head-to-head in a special kind of battle where the opponents aren't so focused on knocking out the other, but looking awesome doing it! Battle the NPC in a stylish way and show me you're a good sport by showing them try to beat you, the more likely you'll win. I will decide if you won or not. You will go through two of these kinds of battles to see if you're the winner.

----

HAPPY HAPPY FUN TIME!

Occasionally, we will have the Chansey Grab Bag game. A Chansey will appear in the OOC and have a bag filled with Master Balls, Ultra Balls, Great Balls, and Regular Pokeballs!

Pick which type of ball you'd like. Once all players pick a ball, they will get a prize or hindrance happen to their player character. Two balls contain prizes, two contain hindrances. What type of ball will contain what is random each time Chansey appears.

There is the Best Prize, the best thing to get.

There is the Minor Prize, the next best thing to get.

There is the Minor Booby Prize, the second-to-worst thing to get.

And there is the Worst Booby Prize, the worst thing to get.

(There are multiples, so what you want is not limited. E.G. everyone can pick a Great Ball.)

----

As you may have guessed form the pictures, we're going retro! Only the first two-hundred-fifty-one!

So, even though these Pokemon are associated with first/second generation Pokemon, they will not appear:

Magnezone, Lickilicky, Happiny, Tangrowth, Mime Jr., Electivire, Magmortar, Leafeon, Glaceon, Porygon-Z, Munchlax, Togekiss, Azurill, Bonsly, Ambipom, Yanmega, Honchkrow, Mismagius, Wynaut, Gliscor, Weavile, Mamoswine, Mantyke.

About

This was created to be a neat RP that I can actually join myself, and it's pretty Crystal Version with new mechanics and twists to make it original and interesting. I tried my best to make it user-friendly and easy to understand. XD;

General Rules

• I am GM, what I say goes. If you have any complaints, questions, or comments, please VM/PM me. In the occasions when my character has to judged or something that needs a GM, I will appoint someone as my stand-in GM for me specifically, so it's fair to everyone. Anyone that's interested in being my personal GM, please contact me.
  • There will be no bunnying, which means taking full control of someone else's character without their permission. If you feel that your character has been bunnied, PM me with the post url. I will check it over and see if this is a true-blue offence. If it is, that bunnying user will have 1 pt against them towards being kicked.
  • There will be no godmodding, which means acting like you're the game master and creating important details in your post without my permission. If you want to add something that would completely change the course of your story, please PM about it first for good measure. Since I want you to be creative, I'm usually gonna be very laid-back with this and unless it does something that changes what I have in mind for this RP. Also, your character is not perfect. They can be the very best if the work towards it, not because you just say that your level 2 Bagon beats the champion's level 100 Charizard. Besides, I've enacted a lot of stuff to prevent this, so you're actually gonna have to try to godmod.
  • All usual RP Corner rules apply, of course.
  • No magically appearing anything. I will also be taking tally of your Pokemon, their moves, stats, your bag items, etc. If you have no Pokeballs, you cannot snatch that Abra by pulling out your surprise great ball your grandpa gave you when you were five and kept in your pocket that you've never mentioned until this point. Oh, by the way, the password to the sign-up sheet is "glasses." If you are dead broke and you do find a Pokémon you'd like, well.... you could write something creative to get it. Like shoving it in your backpack after you beat it unconscious.
  • Inactivity is bad for this RP. If you think you will be gone for more then a week, please PM me your situation and I'll give you a break. If you think your absence will be longer then two weeks, well, sorry, but you'll be kicked from the RP. You'll also be kicked from the RP if you are too far behind.
  • Be creative, be creative, be creative, be creative, be creative, be creative, be creative....
  • If you are caught breaking the rules, you will get what I like to call a "point against you." Bunnying, Godmodding, etc. will get you 1 pt against you. Three points and you're kicked from the game.

Name: (No, "I don't have a name because I'm all mysterious" will not suffice.)

Age: (You just finished High School, so think older teens-early twenties)

Appearance: (Prim and Proper? No-Nonsense? Big Feet? What?)

History: (Unless you appeared out of nowhere [which will not suffice, btw], you had to start somewhere.)

Personality: (Would you be the kind of person who would take the midnight train going anywhere?)

Aspiration: (Breeder, Coordinator, Gym Battler, Professor, Other, Combination, or Something Else? Get Creative!)

Choice: (Which starter?)

Password: (Did you read the entire first post? If so, this should be easy to fill.)

RP Sample: (Show me how good you are. If this is your first RP, I will give you something to write about.)

I will not be taking reservations. First come, first serve.

Please input your SU into the OOC thread located in the Roleplay Lounge.

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Attention! Attention!

Since the first post of this thread simply refuses to be edited, I'd like to announce this news. This RP currently has accepted members for Pichu, Togepi, Smoochum, Elekid, and Magby. Not only that, but we have two in-progress SU's for Cleffa and Igglybuff.​

Do you know what that means?​

One Spot Left!

Quick, if you want to join this RP, you're going to have to type up that SU and pick up Tyrogue!​

Once he's taken, that's it folks! We begin the RP! Remember, there are no reserves!​

Good luck and godspeed!​

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Tyler walked out of Elm's lab with his new pokemon. He called it out.
"Pichu!" it said happily. He smiled. It was so cute! It would be perfect for contests! He remembered what Elm had told him. It was level five. Well, that was pretty stronger for a Pichu.
"Well, aren't you just a cute little guy!" he said picking it up. It's ears flopped back and it glared at him.
"Pichu!" it said angrily and zapped him for all he was worth. He dropped it.
"Yeowch! Why'd you do that?" Tyler asked. It glared at him and then turned it's head.
"Wait a minute... Are you saying you're a girl?" Tyler asked sounding dubious. Pichu walked back over to him and used Static Zap again, and touched his ankle, flattening him. He got up and dusted himself off. Great, now his suit was dirty. She glared at him like it was obvious she was a girl. It may be to others, but not to him.
"Fine, you're a girl Pichu. Let's just go already. Return," Tyler said. He sent her back into her pokeball and walked out of town.

Tyler grimaced at the state of affairs. This place was a wreck! All muddy and swampy. His shoes felt dirty already. He sighed and shook his head. You'd think the people living around here would clean this place up a bit. With a sigh and a heavy heart, he set off into the muck. This was so wrong. But... He wasn't going home a loser. He had set off on this journey to prove something to his parents. He wanted more, and he had to prove he could take it for himself, by himself. All he needed were his pokemon. And speaking of pokemon, he needed some more. pichu didn't seem to like him all that much because of the little mix up in front of the lab. He looked around and didn't see anything.
"I wonder where all the pokemon are?" Tyler said aloud. A shadow flew over his head. He looked up and saw a pidgey. Not a rare or exotic pokemon, but if trained, they would be powerful! Many pokemon champions from Kanto used them. They all couldn't be wrong, could they? And he would groom his Pidgey to be the best looking and strongest one ever! But first he had to catch it. He chased after it, now oblivious to the mud he was getting all over his expensive clothing. It landed and began looking at him.
"You're mine! Pichu! Let's go!" Tyler said. He sent out the little girl and she glared angrily at him. Oh, for goodness sakes!
"Come on Pichu! I'm sorry about earlier. But we're in a battle, and I need you!" Tyler said. She continued to glare at him as though she thought he was lying. He looked at the ground contritely. Finally, she turned to face the bird, that had flown away. Tyler glanced up and saw it standing further away from him.
"Pichu!" Pichu yelled at it.
"Hey! Get back here you over grown bird!" Tyler said as he ran after it. Pichu chased it down as well.
"Static Zap!" Tyler yelled, feeling a slight rush. This was his first battle! How could he not be excited?

(OOC: I'll post the rest of the battle when Kiyoshi answers the questions I asked him.)

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
Years
((OOC: Read and behold! My attempt at a bad comedy. xD))

IC:
Chapter 1: You are cute... even when you are angry...

Outside of Professor Elm's lab and near the entrance/exit of New Bark Town, two figures could be seen, one small and one large.

"Cle... Cleffa?" A small voice muttered as she looked upwards at the small but towering shadow before her. With puzzled eyes, the small Cleffa watched it's male trainer as he began to circle around Cleffa awkwardly.

"... ... A Cleffa huh..." The teenager named Cy, said to himself as he inspected his newly acquired Pokemon, who is also categorized as a baby Pokemon. Cy circled his Cleffa like a vulture while inspecting her. Every aspect of Cleffa looked exactly like one of the dolls he had seen in a store once except that she was alive and was much more cuter than her man-made counterparts. Finishing his inspection, Cy crouched down to lower himself to his small Pokemon's level and stared at her some more. Cleffa started to feel disturbed by her new master's actions and began taking a few steps back. Cy noticed it and reached his hands out.

"... Don't be scared..." Cy took a soft but odd tone which frightened Cleffa even more. Unable to contain her discontent, Cleffa sprinted off in the direction of Route 29. Cy wondered why she ran away from him, and began chasing after his fleeing Pokemon. 'W-Wait!" He shouted after his Cleffa.

Cleffa was too frightened to want to look back and ran towards the nearest blades of grass that were surprisingly as tall as she was if not taller, that were off of the paved road. Parting some of the blades, Cleffa found herself intruding on a family of Pidgey, who weren't very happy with the intruder. Their small screeches made her cower backwards and the small flock of bird Pokemon, began their ascent into the sky as they hovered over the intruder. Cleffa was frozen with fear, as she barely hatched from her egg not so long ago and wasn't accustomed to the new world. The group of Pidgey began a diving strike upon Cleffa who was still grounded with fear and was a perfect immobile target for them. As they came closer, a large figure jumped in front of Cleffa, breaking the Pidgeys' assault as they regrouped once more. The collapsed figure slowly picked himself back up, and the familiar face reassured Cleffa.

"...Heh... I came in time." Cy spoke and weakly smiled at Cleffa. Cleffa clearly saw the small scrapes and claw scratches upon his arms that were apparent from the previous assault. Seeing her master in a new light, Cleffa decided to fight.

"Cleffa!" She shouted to affirm her new found confidence as she stepped in front of her trainer. Cy saw that his little Pokemon looked even cuter than before with her focused and unhappy look and decided to bring the fight to the Pidgeys. Cy couldn't remember what moves Cleffa had as he was distracted by Professor Elm's talk of research but he remembered that Cleffa knows a... luck of the draw, move.

"Okay, ready for your first battle?" Cy asked Cleffa, who answered with a shout and nod. The Pidgeys' began their second wave and dived at the two. "Use Metronome!" Cy shouted and allowed luck to play it's hand. Cleffa, upon hearing the command, began wagging her tiny little index fingers on both hands, back and forth like a metronome, as the attack suggests. In a few mere seconds, Cleffa suddenly stopped and her eyes grew crimson red as if it was filled with dark intentions as a black aura began to emanate from her body. Closing her eyes to focus it's power, Cleffa opened it once more, releasing the aura into a dark wave blast from her body as it traveled across the air. The dark wave collided with each Pidgey, without a hint of slowing down, and knocked them out of their path. They began plummeting downwards towards the ground one after another. Cy was shocked at the attack, because he had never seen anything like it before. It probably doesn't even exist, or so Cy assumed, but he found the skill to be just perfect for the situation they were in, and decided to name it Heartbeat. The collapsed Pidgeys began to get up again, ready to continue once more, but when they saw the tiny Cleffa's red eyes begin to flare up once more, ready to attack, they cowered and began fleeing. Cy stood awestrucked as his tiny little baby Pokemon drove off a small flock of Pidgey, however, he felt she would gain no experience should she only cause them to flee. Cleffa's attack ceased as her eyes became white once more and the dark aura emanating from her body dissipated. She turned around and looked at Cy with big and grateful eyes.

"I guess we have more work to do..." Cy compromised as the star-shaped Pokemon's eyes suddenly caused his obsessive nature to surface once more. Knowing that look in her master's face, Cleffa started to run away once more, still unable to feel comfortable of his stare. Cy took off after the pink Pokemon, as she began running towards the direction of Cherrygrove City.

"Waaaait, Clefffaaaaa..." Cy's voice echoed as he disappeared into the distance.
-------------------------------------------------------------------​

((OOC: Hahahahaha.... Now that was fun. xD ))

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Zephyr Chapter

Oikophobia

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Witthoefft bounced a little bit in place while the rest of the newbie trainers got their baby Pokémon. Excitement and anxiety ran throughout the young man's very core, filling him with thoughts of happiness and paranoia. This is awesome! I get my very first Pokémon today! And this isn't like the wild Pokémon near home or the temporary ones you used in battle training classes. This is mine to keep. To cherish. To raise right. Bu- But what if I screw up? What if it turns into a nutjob or something because of me? ....what if it runs away?! I- I-

When the professor finally called Witthoefft up to take his starter, the teenager's ankles were awkwardly together while the lower halves of his legs spread far apart from one another, he was shivering, and he was erratically scratching the back of his neck. Professor Elm noted the odd stance the boy had taken and started giggling.

"Butterfrees in your stomach, Mr. Evans?" Elm kindly chuckled. Witthoefft laughed nervously in reply, still taxed with the thoughts of bringing up a newborn Pokémon. "Well don't be a stranger, come 'ere!" he invited. Slowly but steadily, Witthoefft walked over to the table the professor was standing next to. Elm smiled gently, causing a little bit of stress to exit from the boy's mind with a sigh.

"Yeah, I guess I'm really nervous, Professor," Witthoefft said.

"I understand. Lots of beginners have the jitters when starting a new journey." Elm's words where soothing and reassuring, relaxing the boy even further, when elder of the two put his hand into the bag that contained the Pokéballs holding all the new hatchlings. "I know the perfect one for you, my boy," he said, "She's definitely easy to use right off the bat and she absolutely loves to be cuddled. I-"Elm paused in disbelief. Witthoefft froze in place, feeling the nauseating affects of the returning angst.

The Pokémon professor looked in his bag. He was going to pull out Igglybuff for Witthoefft, but, it appears he already gave that one away.... along with the rest of the choices! There was nothing to give the new trainer. Awkward silence paraded through the room for a moment, until the scientist looked over to the teen, who was just about ready to faint at this point. Elm couldn't just say "sorry, no journey for you today!" and crush Witthoefft's dreams like that; just imagine how different he himself would be if his local professor said that to him as a beginner trainer! As he thought about possible options, he bit his lip and shifted his eyes around the room.

"A- Anything wrong, Professor?" said the uneasy Witthoefft.

"No- No, of course not. It's just that we've run out of the new batch of starters, and...." Elm saw the desperation in the boy's eyes, but, the professor didn't have any other Pokémon to give him! It's not like he had some special gift reserved for- Elm gasped in realization. Of course! How had he not thought of it before?! "I have a special starter for kinds of people like you, anyway!" the professor happily said.

Although the panicky emotions were finally excused from Witthoefft's soul by Elm's words, new curious and confused emotions flooded in to take their place with the same amount of intensity as their predecessors. Elm motioned for the young man to follow him towards a metallic door near them, and then took out his keys. Jingling through them to find the right one, the professor finally found it and opened the door quickly; entering without haste and turning on the lights. Witthoefft let his curiosity get the best of him and followed his footsteps, pausing at the doorway. The room.... was a technological masterpiece. The sides of the room held bookcases littered with textbooks and journals and shelves harboring Pokéballs and eggs alike. In the middle of the room was some whacked out machine that hanged from the ceiling and ended on a steel table-like structure bolted to the floor. Elm scurried to clean off a small wooden table that resided next to the huge contraption of loose papers and books of ranging sizes.

Then there was a portion of the machine that Witthoefft first overlooked but saw clear as day now- there was glass cylinder in between the ceiling half or the machine and the bottom half. It held inside of it a brown oval-shaped item, which anyone could guess was a Pokémon egg. Once the professor cleaned off the small wooden table, he started pushing buttons on the giant gizmo right above the glass cylinder. White spray came from the top of the tube onto the egg's surface. Soon enough, there was a translucent lingering white fog in the tube. Elm looked over the Witthoefft, who was still in the doorway.

"What are you doing standing over there? Get over 'ere and watch a miracle of science!" he said enthusiastically.

The young man obeyed, stepping into the room and taking a stand next to the professor. He was dubious about the machine. What was it doing to that defenseless egg? All the feelings of happiness flew right out the window, and Witthoefft's concerns pointed towards the egg and whatever that white mist was."So," he said after a moment passing without any explanation. "What's happening?"

"Ugh, I thought you'd never ask!" Elm said in relief, apparently just previously been biting his tongue so he could know if Witthoefft would actually take a curiosity to the situation. "This machine is called the EGE version two-hundred, a device that accelerates egg development and promotes health. It's been proven, by me of course, that it not only speeds up the process of hatching, it makes the monsters inside into happier, antibody-rich individuals!"

"I like the idea of making them healthier," Witthoefft pointed out firmly, glaring at the glass tube and voice shaking a bit from the aftershock of his previously tense nerves. "But, couldn't there be horrible side-effects to these treatments?" The boy was concerned about the future Pokémon-to-be. "Why not just let them hatch when the times comes?"

"We've been doing studies with Pokémon we've hatched this way, and none of them showed any abnormalities physically, mentally, emotionally, or socially. And, they displayed uncommonly good health and wellbeing, being more resilient then regular Pokémon to battles and illness." Elm stated nicely but subtly matter-of-factly. Who was this boy to judge this perfect machine? It only helped Pokémon! The professor would never carry on with treatment that could potentially bring harm to the creatures that he devoted his life work to! "And starters are in high demand now, and I don't want to discourage possible trainers to realizing their dreams! Besides, if you were a lively Pokémon, wouldn't you want to meet the world earlier?"

Witthoefft stared uncomfortably at the machine. The boy didn't care if starters were in high demand, inducing Pokémon to hatch quicker just seemed.... wrong, in a sense. I mean, Mother Nature intended for these Pokémon to hatch when they wanted to and when they were good and ready. Not when some men and women in lab coats decide it's time. Witthoefft tapped his fingers on his thigh in his apprehension. Was Elm going to give me an egg that was hatched from this machine? If so, what if he got the first mishap Pokémon? It's bound to happen when scientists play God. And to Witthoefft, this was exactly what Elm was doing.

In truth, the teen didn't even like he went to a lab to get his first Pokémon. He would've much rather befriended one of the Pokémon that hung out with him in his backyard, but, they would've probably freaked out after realizing that they weren't just going to the local 'Mart and back. They wouldn't have liked being taken away from their family and territory just so Witthoefft can go on a journey. The young trainer-in-the-process sighed again, remembering that being a trainer meant if he wanted new teammates, he was supposedly going to have to do that to the innocent critters he desired- just, in the most basic of sense, rob the creature of their life up to that point and of the life they could've had. Maybe I could be a revolutionary kind of trainer.... one that has allies that travel along because they want to and quest to become stronger, not because some prick blindsided them and caught them with a shiny red ball. But keeping up to that motto and being an actually decent trainer is going to be hard. No to mention after getting allies, think about all the wild Pokémon I'll have to essentially assault to get stronger!

....Do I even want to become a trainer? I mean, I want my own Pokémon but-

"Hah! Just as I expected! This little guy is going to hatch any minute now!" Elm exclaimed, catching Witthoefft a bit off guard. The boy shook off his surprise and gazed at the egg being taken out the glass tube and rested on a cozy rose-colored blanket placed on the wooden side table that Elm apparently had put there when Witthoefft was lost in thought. The egg stood alarmingly still, its brown surface decorated with white spray particles that looked like flurries of snow. Witthoefft, regardless of how much he disagreed with Elm's morally questionable approach to caring for eggs, staring in awe as he examined the egg in front of him.

"It's yours, by the way. Sorry I didn't mention that earlier," Elm whispered to Witthoefft.

The boy, dumbstruck at the beauty of the egg, had to take a second to fully take in what Elm had said and finally look over to him. Disbelief painted his face, and amazement glossed over his eyes. "It is?" he whimpered.

"Yeah, it was going to be a present for my wife, but I didn't want to disappoint you by saying that we didn't have any starters left. Besides, I can get another egg from the same parents easily." Elm was still low in tone. He cracked a smirk at Witthoefft, seeing the young man in awe.

"W- Why are we whispering?" Witthoefft had to ask.

"Because, in honesty, I lied to you in the beginning. This isn't special treatment. I hatch all the starter eggs this way. And I observed there is this initial 'shock' of sorts that happens to the Pokémon inside the egg that occurs when using this process where the creature suddenly finds out its ready to hatch when just a moment ago, it had at least two days before it was going to be ready naturally. Some Pokémon, especially the more timid ones, tend to have this temporary heightened state of reaction from the point of realization to maybe two to three hours after hatching. So not to scare the poor thing right out of the gate and discourage it from breaking the shell, we must remain soft and low in tone, make no sudden movements, and to overall just be calm. Freaking out a newborn right away can lead it to have trust, trauma, and confidence issues as an adult regularly; so that goes ten fold when dealing with Pokémon who hatch with this method. But once the 'shock' is past, you should be fine."

Witthoefft grew more and more undisposed towards Elm as he continued with his mini-lecture. So, what? This machine promises happy Pokémon, but if you so much as twitch when it comes out for the first time, it will become mentally scarred for the rest of its life because you scared the crap out of it?! I understand that Elm takes high and special precaution as to not let this happen and only give out Pokémon that are truly ready, but.... what if this machine becomes the norm for all professors? One of them is bound to make an error and ruin a Pokémon's life forever! This is cruel and unusual torture. It's unnatural. Can't Pokémon just hatch on their own? They'll be healthy if taken care right anyway!

The egg in front of the duo started shaking slightly. Elm held in his excitement, but one could easily tell that he wanted to shoot through the ceiling. Witthoefft dropped his frustrating thoughts to watch the egg. The movements were subtle but undoubtedly present- definitely not a trick of the eye. Something was alive in there; and it wanted to meet the world now that it understood it was ready. Witthoefft let his happiness take over his face, allowing a huge grin to appear. The images of the tiny creature inside lightly pawing at the egg and deducing it needed to push harder was unbearably cute for Witthoefft. The egg gradually shook more frequently and forcefully, causing Witthoefft's heart to skyrocket with excitement as he anticipated the arrival of his first Pokémon ever.

Finally, a crack appeared on the side of the egg the two humans were watching. It wasn't anything big, just a simple crack that looked like someone dropped the egg on the ground from maybe five inches in the air. The suddenness of its appearance however caused Witthoefft to gasp a bit and hold his breath.

The teen had to hold in another gasp as fragments of the shell broke off the egg where the crack had appeared and created a tiny hole, barely the size of half a fist. Out popping from the hole was what looked like a tiny black nose on a brown face; all of which was shiny and slimy-looking because of, presumably, the development fluid that the creature had been resting in all of its life until this point. The nose smelled the area with rapid pace, taking in all the new scents and aromas it had previously been secluded from. The face retracted back into the shell in favor of dragging out a paw to push down on the hole. The hole grew bigger with a bit of fight, and the monster within took back its paw to position itself for a full frontal push.

The small creature nearly flew out of the egg and landed a little bit off from the blanket it once laid on with a little squeal. It had it belly on the table and it eyes were still closed; but the most predominant observation was that it was drenched with goop from its big brown ears to its little white mane. Its body shivered drearily as it raised it head and found it was still unable to use its eyes. It in turn decided to smell the area. So many mixing smells... it had no idea what they meant or how to compare or contrast similar ones, since even most of its instincts had yet to fire up.

Witthoefft felt he needed to get it back on the towel so it could orientate itself comfortably. Without any approval from Elm, he went over and brushed off the egg shell remnants. He then, with the most careful movements and mindset he had ever had in his life, Witthoefft picked up the creature slowly and softly placed it back on the towel in a laying position. While it was being picked up, the creature smelled Witthoefft's hands with extreme curiosity. The scent was imprinted on its mind as the first piece of information it would ever store; and took the scent for its parent the second it felt the comfortable fabric of the towel Witthoefft had placed it on. Its brain started initializing for rest of its instincts to boot up and take effect once it was settled.

Witthoefft sighed very lightly and stepped back at the side of the professor. This was truly a miracle; just not of science. Not only did new life just come into the world, this new life was his to keep, cherish, and take care of. All the thoughts of immortality and anger that Witthoefft had before this moment had all been forgotten to be retaken by the joy he had so carelessly dumped previously.

"Eevee," Elm whispered.

"What?" Witthoefft asked back softly.

"The species. It's an Eevee,"

Witthoefft took in the name. He remembered it from his school teachings.... they called it "The Evolution Pokémon." It can evolve into, something like, seven different things. But did that matter right now? No, not really. What mattered now was- ....actually, Witthoefft didn't know what precisely mattered right now. Just that the Eevee mattered. And that it will always matter.

----

Witthoefft leaned on the countertop, holding an arm to his chest as if he was crossing it but had the other arm out and holding a Styrofoam cup of green tea. The metal door was still open, allowing him and the professor to check on the newborn Eevee. It was making tiny little snoring sounds as it slept; and it was about just the cutest thing Witthoefft had ever heard in his entire life. The egg slime that rested on its fur was still there, but it was dry now. Normally, the mother Pokémon would at least lick the goo away from it face and mane; but since its mother wasn't around, and Witthoefft certainly wasn't thinking of tasting that gunk, a rinse off in the river later would have to do.

Elm took a sip of his own tea. He let out his breath, showing that the beverage relaxed him. Strolling over near the doorway, he cracked a smile at the sight of the tiny feline that rested on the blanket.

"For starters, it's a female." Elm said suddenly. "She knows Sand-Attack, and a special move, called Synchronoise, that does a lot of damage but only works on the same type. Meaning, you're only going to be able hurt Colorless Types for the time being. I suggest that you quickly catch another Pokémon to make up for the disadvantage."

Witthoefft looked over at Elm almost in scorn. The professor was literally suggesting he quickly steal a Pokémon from its family because the new Eevee wasn't adequate enough to fend on its own. It would've been better if Elm said "quickly make another friend," rather than "catch." The word "catch" puts Witthoefft in the mindset of a greedy trainer who blindsides Pokémon and steals them from their lives with a shiny red b- yeah. I think I've said this before. The boy didn't reply to Elm's comment in the end, leaving silence to fill the space where an answer or simple "okay," would've been.

The professor awkwardly sipped his tea once more after realizing he wasn't getting a response. "She should be ready to head out in maybe an hour. She doesn't seem to have the 'shock' I was talking about earlier,"

"Good, thank you." Witthoefft replied begrudgingly. Sense of resentment towards the professor was as obvious as could be as it blew through the room. Elm got a bit internally ticked off; what an unappreciative prick. Here I am giving him a Pokémon that wasn't even intended to be a starter out of the kindness of my heart, and he's getting angry because I use machinery that's been proven not only safe, but highly beneficial. So what if it causes a "shock?" It wears off and you just have to be kind and careful. What a bastard. I'm too nice sometimes.

"By the way," Elm said with slight smug. "It will wake up thinking you're its parent. But as it matures, it will take notice of the difference between humans and Pokémon, and figure out that you have absolutely no relation to it genetically. She will still obey you, but her heart may break a little. So you may want to make sure it knows from the get-go you're not its parent, but rather its master." Elm let out a small portion of a chuckle. "Good luck with that."

Witthoefft stared angrily at the professor. Was that horrible concept funny to him?

"Oh, right," Elm said. "I should get your PokeGear and Pokéballs."
----

The Eevee was still slumbering when Witthoefft was finally permitted to go outside with her. The boy had her wrapped her in his arms and made sure her head was on one of the fluffy cuffs of his sweatshirt. As Witthoefft started to head out towards Route Twenty-Nine, he had a spring in his step and looked like he was dancing. How could he not be ecstatic?! He had a living, breathing Pokémon that would always be his forever. A best friend that wouldn't leave his side no matter what. A beautiful, fluffy Eevee companion named.... name-

Crap, I forgot to give her a name.

Witthoefft stopped at the border of New Bark, gawking at the swamp-like terrain ahead of them. During his childhood, he played on this route a lot. There was plethora of cute Pokémon on this route that were friendly and usually playful since they were so used to human presence; what with them being in between two towns and getting visiting citizens every day. It would be the perfect route to start out on to take it easy on the brand new Eevee. Witthoefft calmly walked over to the side of the border, knelling down near a berry bush and placing his feline partner on the ground. Once she was set, Witthoefft noticed all the dry flakes of slime that coated his sweatshirt, and brushed them off quickly. Ew.

Now... name time. Something clever, I don't want something generic. She's too good for something like that. Do I want to name my Pokémon with a theme? Would that make them feel less or more special? Why not ask her what she wants to be called? ....Wait, she doesn't know any names. She just got here. She can't manage anything more than "Eevee," anyway. Oh! Maybe something in Latin. That could be a cool theme, and each can be named a different word. Unique even if someone already has that kind of theme for their team name; because those people don't necessarily have those same names. So, what's a good word, then? I don't want to disappoint her.

The tiny cat raised her head and yawned loudly. Slowly, she cracked her eyes open now that they were ready. All she saw was bright light and blurry colors. The Eevee blinked her eyes to wipe away the foggy film, gradually revealing a large figure with what seemed to be red fur. The smell coming from the creature was familiar and was what she remembered as her parent's scent.

"Eevee?" she asked the figure.

It took a second for Witthoefft to respond after taking in her adorable face. He couldn't stand it; she was so freaking cute. He didn't want to scare the dickens out of her as an introduction before knowing she could take it, so he calmed himself. "Hi there, cutie." He said softly. "I'm Witthoefft, your trainer."

The Eevee didn't understand a bloody word he said, but began purring after hearing a loving tone in response. She had a great future ahead of her, Witthoefft thought to himself, and she would be the master of her domain. She would always win to him, no matter what a contest judge said. And this moment would be hilarious in reflection- because of how small she started out. Then it hit him. The perfect name.

"And you're going to be called Vici, my dear." Witthoefft explained. "Because you shall conquer all hardships you'll face in life." The Eevee just blinked and meowed. Whatever he said, it sounded like it was delightful. Witthoefft giggled at her happy expression. The Eevee stood up and shook herself. She was fully active now, totally down for doing anything.

It was about time to forget about Elm and his forced hatchings. It was time for him and his first ally to start their lives! It was time to lighten up and get pumped! So, the best thing to do to help lighten up the situation was.... release the pent-up excitement!

Witthoefft grabbed his Eevee and spun around in circles laughing. Vici cried in joy, loving the happiness her supposed parent was giving off. When the boy stopped, his Eevee was laughing incessantly, excited. She playfully bit down on his sweatshirt and started to tug it. Witthoefft thought he was going to die seeing this lovable antic. So freaking cute! What luck to have a partner this spunky!

Witthoefft set her down back on the ground. Time to head towards CherrygroveCity! Vici simply ran around in circles and did somersaults. Now she was dirty with dry goop and dirt itself. Silly girl.

Vici followed Witthoefft like an obedient dog (ironically enough) as he went towards the upcoming route. The ground sloshed with moisture like it was some kind of swamp. Vici loved the sensation on her paws, and started dancing blissfully in the slush. In seeing this, Witthoefft couldn't help but think his Eevee acted more like a pup then a kitten. Usually, cat Pokémon are very timid and shy, but Vici here was as courageous as newborns come. She was perfect in every way for Witthoefft. The boy smiled, taking joy in the fact that the little kitty was enjoying herself and being with him.

They traveled through the woodsy terrain, their feet getting wetter as they went on. Witthoefft started humming to himself and dancing like his Eevee behind him. The creatures were all playing around them, greeting the duo with squeaks and chirps. There was even this one Sentret that came close to Vici and played with her. The Sentret followed them a bit after they started to continue their walk, but stopped when it realized it was going out of its family's territory.

Vici suddenly stopped and acted like she was in pain right in the middle of walking. Worried, Witthoefft quickly went to her. She mewled with confusion and lay down, gripping her stomach. Feeling relieved knowing it was just hunger, Witthoefft started looked for any berries or other food sources nearby. There was this tasty-looking bush nearby just downright littered with the small red fruit. But.... they could be poisonous. How could he tell?

Right then, a small Rattata came out from the tall grass, not noticing the two. It sniffed avidly at the berries, before swiftly snatching one in its mouth. It took the fruit in its hands and started nibbling it, savoring every bite. Vici looked at the purple rat with intense eyes, watching its every twitch and wagging her tail. Witthoefft examined the reaction the Rattata had to the berry, seeing if it had any bad symptoms after eating the fruit. Usually poisonous berries worked quickly after consumption, and he had to be ready to help it if the berry did prove to be lethal.

The Rattata grabbed another berry in its mouth after it was done and scurried off into the tall grass once again. Seemed fine enough. Witthoefft walked over and sat next to the bush, Vici running behind him and reaching the bush before the boy sat down completely. Picking off a berry, he put it into his own mouth. Delicious. He picked off one for his Eevee and presented it to her. Her little nose sniffed it like the kitten's life depended on it. In the blink of an eye the berry vanished into the little Eevee's mouth. Her tiny teeth managed to break the skin and she began purring from the satisfactory juices that ran over her taste buds.

"Eevee eevee!" she cried hardily. Vici started picking her own berries from the bush and squealing in delight. Couldn't possibly be happier that he pleased his Eevee, Witthoefft did the same.

Then weirdly enough, the bush squawked faintly. Taken aback a bit, Witthoefft stared curiously at the bush while Vici completely ignored the sound and continued eating. W- Was there a Pokémon in there? Witthoefft poked the bush with his right index finger. Without any hesitation a Pidgey shot out of the bush, flapping its underdeveloped wings and shrieking angrily. Witthoefft must've just disturbed its territory!

The tiny bird took aim of Vici, who was eating its berries without a care in the world. It thrust itself into the Eevee, causing the tiny cat to scream in agony at the sharp pain that took her by surprise. When the cat was on her side, the Pidgey started relentlessly pecking at her.

"Hey!" Witthoefft yelled. "I'm sorry, now cut it out!"

The yells fell upon deaf ears however as the bird continued to peck Vici with increasing power. The cat tiny finally let out a loud scream, which would've broken Witthoefft's heart.... if confusion didn't invade his brain after watching not only the Pidgey back off, but start to caw in anguish; trotting around dizzily while it clenched its eyes. The bird ran off in a random direction to escape the sound, but was taken completely off guard as it slammed into a tree and fell to the ground.

The screaming stopped, and the Eevee whimpered as it tried to lick her bruise; which were just out of her reach. Witthoefft was stunned at the victory. What just- Oh, it must be that Synchronoise attack Elm was talking about. Pidgey was a Colorless Type, so it inflicted harm to the bird. Witthoefft ran and crouched down to his Vici, putting his hand on the wound. The Eevee cringed and yelped at the agitation, making Witthoefft immediately withdraw.

"I'm so sorry, sweetie. I brought harm to you and that Pidgey." He said soothingly as he instead patted her head. Vici relaxed and stopped her crying, and instead tried to get up. The wound weren't that bad, but it was just the shock of getting hurt for the first time. She was fine. The cat strolled over to the bird she had defeated and appraised it, her parent close behind walking on his knees and doing the same thing. The pigeon was very much alive as its uprising and deflating chest signaled a normal breathing pattern; the impact of the tree was just enough to render it unconscious is all. Slightly relieved, Witthoefft got up and observed their surroundings. There appeared to be a clearing nearby through the trees, which might contain the exit into Cherrygrove. Meanwhile, Vici pawed at the bird, who twitched every time she touched it. She was still kind of hungry.

"Vici, we gotta get this bird to a PokemonCenter or something. I don't want it to leave this little guy out in the open like this," Witthoefft said as he scooped up the Pidgey in his arms. "Giving him medical attention is the least I could do after invading his territory and causing him to attack us." The Eevee was confused. What was he doing with the creature she had defeated? Wasn't it hers?

Coming into the clearing a few yards away from where they were, it turned out to be the entrance area for going into a small, brick building. A sign placed informatively next to the doorway read "POLICE TERMINAL ROUTE 29/ROUTE 46." Not any PokemonCenter, but Witthoefft was sure the Police could patch this Pidgey up or at least swiftly transport it to somewhere where someone could do that. The guilt of putting the bird in this state blocked Witthoefft's ability to enjoy himself. This was one bumming day for the start of his grand journey! Everything was getting him sad or angry!

Sigh. Maybe later it will get better?

Nideous

Years
(OOC: Yay! Someone else posted! ^.^)

Tyler grinned as Pichu charged toward the bird, her little paw beginning to spark furiously. A small flock of Pidgey's took off nearby, but Tyler couldn't be bothered to care. Why should he worry about what the rest of them were doing when this one right here was in his sights? Pichu leapt in the air and flew at Pidgey, who simply stepped out of the way. Pichu fell flat on her face and the sparking in her paw stopped. She got up and looked around, rather emberrassed.

"Pichu..." she said sadly.
"Don't worry! You'll get 'em next time!" Tyler said emphatically. Wait, didn't Pichu know another move? One that might help in this situation.
"Pichu, use Growl!" Tyler instructed. Pichu let out the cutest noise he had ever heard, and the pidgey cocked it's head at her.
"Pichu!" she said with glee. She was happy! That is, until the Pidgey rammed into her with a full body tackle. Tyler frowned as Pichu went rolling back towards him. He wasn't quite as good at this as he thought... None the less, he wasn't about to lose here!

"Pichu! You ok? Good! Use Static Zap again!" Tyler said happily. Pichu charged at the Pidgey, who tried to move out of the way, but didn't react in time, and got zapped by the small paw that touched it's wing. Pidgey shierked abgrily and took off, flying low to the ground as it Tackled Pichu yet again. Pichu slowly got up after the force of that blow and staggered around. It flapped it's wings hard and Pichu hung on for dear life to the grass as the winds whipped up around her.

"Pichu? Use Static Zap one more time!" Tyler shouted. Pichu simply looked up at the Pidgey in fright, who flew at her in another Tackle.
"Pichu move!" Tyler shouted urgently. Hearing his plea snapped Pichu out of it. She leapt out of the way as Pidgey flew past and finally followed her last order. She chased after it with a sparking paw and hit it on the rear, sending another zap into the bird.Tyler ran towards them as Pichu jumped back.
"Static Zap one more time!" Tyler yelled. Pichu charged toward the Pidgey and touched it again with her sparking paw, causing it's feathers to become oddly ruffled and it grimaced painfully before falling to the ground unmoving. Tyler chucked a pokeball at it and watched with a smile as the ball shook slightly, and then dinged.

"Alright! Pidgey is all mine!" Tyler said picking the ball up with a smile. He grinned at Pichu. She looked at him oddly.
"Great job Pichu! You were amazing! Now, take a rest for a while. as soon as I hit Cherrygrove City, I'll look up were the closest gym or contest hall is. But for the moment, Return!" Tyler said, calling back the little Pichu. He clipped the two pokeballs to his belt. The first thing he would do would be to send his suit off to the cleaners and put on his jeans. Then he would find a pokemon center to heal his two pokemon. Then he would do what he promised Pichu. He watched with interest as a small pink pokemon ran past. A guy ran past him shouting at it.

"Idiot! That won't work! If your pokemon doesn't like you, shouting at it won't help. Just return it to it's pokeball for a while!" Tyler shouted after him. God, what a moron. He was glad he wouldn't have to deal with people like him on a long tem basis. But, they seemed to be headed the same direction he was, so he followed them in the direction of Cherrygrove City at a slow walk.

Last edited:

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
Years
Chapter 1: Part 2- That baby face...

Cy was still chasing after Cleffa until the small pink Pokemon became tired from the running. Cy had passed by one of the trainers he saw at the lab, but paid no attention to the person because he was trying to catch up to his small but rather fast Pokemon. Cleffa stopped nearby a large and awkward growing tree and decided to take a rest with Cy joining her shortly after. He wasn't accustomed to running in general, so the small sprint worked his lungs more than usual. Cy felt the base of the tree and the mound of dirt to see if it was moist like the rest of the area, however, it wasn't. He brought himself down and sat next to his Cleffa as the both slowly recovered from their gasping of air. Cleffa's face was brimming with joy despite her gasps, and Cy felt relaxed at the sight of his happy Pokemon and the feeling of nurturing a baby was just beginning. Cy looked down at Cleffa's Pokeball on his belt and then back at Cleffa. Maybe Professor Elm was right, and that letting his Pokemon outside and walking with them would build a much stronger bond. Taking note of the thought, Cy decided he would only call back Cleffa in times of emergencies to allow her to see the world as much as she can.

As Cy chuckled at Cleffa, Cleffa turned to look at her master. She wondered what he was chuckling about but put it off. Cy finally managed to calm himself down without trying to cuddle his Cleffa with his weird antics, and basked in the heart warming moment. A sudden pecking noise, however, interrupted his rather short moment of peace, and Cy turned his head upwards to face where the sound was coming from. The tree's branches were large and grew tall. Within the inner branches, Cy spotted something brown resting on a large branch high above them. Pushing himself off the ground with his right arm and standing up, Cy looked with squinted eyes.

"Hoo..." A single cry came from the object, and it stepped into Cy's view to reveal... a Hoothoot. The Hoothoot wasn't as aggressive with it's actions compared to the flock of Pidgeys Cy had encountered earlier, however, Cy didn't want to take those chances. Turning back to his Cleffa, who was now also looking up into the tree following after Cy, he thought maybe it would be a good idea to get her some real training. He wasn't sure if Cleffa's Metronome attack would grant them the luck they had last time, but he was willing to risk it.

"Cleffa, shall we go one more time?" Cy asked his pink Pokemon. Cleffa looked back at Cy and nodded. She was rather curious about the owl Pokemon before her and wanted to gain more courage in battle. With Cleffa's approval, Cy looked around for an object, in hopes of slightly provoking the Hoothoot out of it's nesting quarters. Plenty of twigs and small branches were about and Cy bent down to pick the closest to him. Disliking the method of encounter, Cy lobbed the branch up towards the Hoothoot, and as it knocked the wooden trunk nearby, it sent the Hoothoot into a frightened frenzy. The unhappy Hoothoot glided down with much anger in it's eyes.

"Ahh... Now I really made it mad." Cy weakly said. "Let's go, Cleffa!" Queue battle music

Cleffa stepped in front of her foe with traces of fear but her brimming confidence negated the negative emotion. Before Cy could utter a command, Hoothoot charged at Cleffa with a full bodied Tackle attack.

"Quick, use Defense Curl, Cleffa!" Cy tried to react quickly to counter the attack. Cleffa curled herself into a cute but compact and sturdy ball just before Hoothoot had landed it's attack reducing much damage that would had been inflicted without the defensive curl. As Hoothoot fluttered back around to attack once more, Cy continued with his commands.

"Let's try Metronome again!" Cy called out and Cleffa complied as it shook it's fingers as it once did. Hoothoot, seeing Cleffa's finger wagging, stopped itself and began to observe. As Cleffa slowed her wagging, her eyes turned red once more with the black aura around her body, just like last time, and she began her Heartbeat attack. Hoothoot had never seen the attack before, and as Cleffa closed her eyes and opened it just after, a quick aura wave dashed towards Hoothoot, knocking it out of the air and down to the ground. The collision with the ground dealt considerable damage to Hoothoot from it's elevation, but Hoothoot slowly picked itself up as it tried to recover from the surprising attack. It suddenly stood on one leg, tilting it's head 45 degrees, as it tried to access more brain bower for a better plan. Cy decided to attack Hoothoot as it took a vulnerable stance.

"Cleffa! Attack it, once more with Metronome!" Expecting to see a different attack, Cy saw the same occurrence of Heartbeat once more as Cleffa's red eyes and dark aura took over again. Cleffa blasted her power at the immobile Hoothoot, however, it turned upright and took to the skies to dodge the attack.

"No... Almost had it." Cy clutched his fist at the failed attempt and focused on Hoothoot once more. The flying owl circled the sky twice, and suddenly dove at Cleffa, who was unable to act quickly enough. The Hoothoot started pecking furiously at Cleffa's tiny head causing her to be frustrated and disoriented from the pain. Hoothoot took off once more before diving back at Cleffa.

"Cleffa, dodge it!" Cy cried out, but to no avail, his pink Pokemon was much too slow to keep up with Hoothoot's speed as it pecked and ran. Cleffa's strength was slowly sapping away and Cy tried to think up a scenario to end it. Cleffa was clutching her head in pain as she tried to withstand the Hoothoot's consecutive attacks. Cy could only hope with another Heartbeat attack. Hoothoot began his circle of attack and Cy commanded her once more.

"Cleffa, use Heartbeat but hold it until Hoothoot gets close." Cy remember seeing her hold it in for a few moments before she unleashed it and that may be their only chance. Hoothoot shot down once more, eager to finish the battle and walked right into their trap.

"Now Cleffa! Jump and use Heartbeat!" Cleffa barely dodged Hoothoot as she let loose her aura attack. With Hoothoot's velocity and the extra velocity from the Heartbeat attack slamming it to the ground, the Hoothoot couldn't stand anymore with it's depleted strength and collapsed to the ground. As Cleffa returned from her jump, she began to collapse to the ground as well, but Cy sprinted over and carried her into his arms, preventing her weakened body from colliding with the hard, rocky surface. Cleffa's eyes were droopy from fatigue and her strength was barely gone. She saw a heartwarming smile from her master before she closed her eyes, and fell into a peaceful slumber.

"... That was tough... I'm sorry I put you through all that... but you did good out there... Eri." Cy softly whispered the new nickname he decided for his Cleffa while trying not to disturb her as he watched over her sleeping baby face like a parent would do. "... So this is how it feels... to take care of a Pokemon..." Cy slowly shrugged his shoulders around to situate his backpack that had managed to slip off one side but not completely. Cy felt bad for causing the Hoothoot such trouble and to just leave it there, but Eri was of a higher priority and he began making his way towards the nearest Pokemon Center in Cherrygrove City with her in his arms.

Last edited:

Nideous

Years
Tyler walked through the route with great disdain. He stopped when he saw a fainted Hoothoot. He considered throwing a pokeball and catching it. After all, when it evolved, it was very powerful. He decided against it. Someone had left it here like this for a reason. He shook his head. Even if he wanted the bird, he wasn't about to live off of someone elses scraps. He continued on toward Cherrygrove. What a day he'd been having! He had recieved his first pokemon! Granted, she was a fickle little thing that would rather zap him than listen, but still! And then with her help, he had caught his first pokemon! He was very proud of himself. Ane he would just keep doing. This was the start of something new! This was perfect! He stopped when he reached Cherrygrove City. Now, this was a place! But, before he entered, there was something he needed to take care of. He pulled out his pokegear and punched in Darrel's number. Darrel was his drycleaner back in Kanto. Tyler had chosen him because he also had many locations in Johto as well. The phone rang and Tyler found himself growing impatient. Finally, he picked up.

"Hello, Darrel?" Tyler said.
"No, this is Tammica, how may I help you?" Tammy said. Her musical voice made Tyler's heart leap. He was a little happy she had answered. He had been best friends with her and her father before he left. He fiddled with Pichu's ball and sent her out.
"Hey Tammy, this is Tyler. How are things going?" Tyler asked cordially. Pichu blinked sleepily and glared up at him for interupting her nap.
"Pichu!" Pichu said angrily.
"What was that?" Tammy asked. Tyler smiled. Perfect.
"That was my partner Pichu. She's just the cutest thing you've ever seen!" Tyler said excitedly. He didn't have to act like he was happy. He was very pleased with what was going on so far!
"Oh! You got a Pichu! That's awesome Ty! I'm so happy for you! How's your journey going?" Tammy said, just as excited. Tyler frowned. She still wouldn't drop that stupid nickname.
"Things are going great! I caught a Pidgey earlier! I've made it to Cherrygrove City! Now, can you put your father on the phone? This is about buisiness," Tyler said. He smirked at Pichu, who gave him a flat look.
"Pichu! Pi!" Pichu said. Tyler really needed to come up with a name for her. Calling her Pichu was just so... Second Class. She needed a name that matched her standing in life. But, he couldn't just give her a name like Sparky or Bolter like the other kids. She was a cut above the rest of their pokemon. She needed a name that would match his own standing, for she was on his level. Hmm... He'd have to think about it.
"Only if you catch me a pokemon while you're out there!" Tammy said. Tyler promised he would and she shouted for her father. A moment later, a man got on the phone.

"Tyler! How's it going kid?" Darrel asked. Such a greeting was only tolerated from Darrel and his daughter. Tyler had tried to get them to stop, but that had failed.
"I'm doing well. I caught a pokemon, all because of my new partner, Pichu! Anyways, would you send someone over to Cherrygrove? My suit got filthy, and it needs to be cleaned. I know it will cost more, but you have all the information to just take it out of my account. I want you to hold it for me once it's cleaned. I'll call you back when I need it for a contedt or something," Tyler said.
"Fine. I'll send someone right over. Meet him outside the pokemon center in Cherrygrove," Darrel said. Tyler smiled. That would be perfect. Now, he had to get to the pokemon center and change into something he didn't mind mucking about in. That wasn't to say he minded mucking about, but what could he do.
"Thanks Darrel. You're the best!" Tyler said as he hung up the phone. He looked down at Pichu, who looked away.
"Come on, Pichu! Chill out!" he said. She ignored him and he picked her up.
"What did I do this time?" Tyler asked as he pet her kindly. She still didn't respond, but he could tell she was relaxing a little in his arms. Now, he set out for the pokemon center.

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
A New Bark Beginning.

Cherrygrove. Nighttime. That's when he would leave. But, for the mean time, he headed into the New Bark Town lab. As he apoproached the silver building, Reggie Darrison walked out of the sliding doors leading Christopher's lips to curl up and snarl. He despised this boy, so much so, he couldn't contain it.

"Get out of my way, Reg." he looked at him coldly only to have the other boy respond with a smile. One cold-hearted, chill-causing smile. He bared his pure white teeth like a dog as he revealed the small Pokemon underneath his arms. It was a Wooper, a Fluid Pokemon.

"Gladly, pig. Come, Wooper." he walked away into the shadowy wood next to the town. Chris stared at him until his bright red backpack was out of view. Then, he sped into the lab, humiliated by his lack of judgement. He'd make that boy pay. That rivalry had grown into a hatred. As he stepped into the familiar building, he didn't look around at all the metallic machines. He kept forward, intent on besting the boy. Electric type. That's what he was searching for. Or possibly a Plant type. He barely realized the Professor was standing right behind him. Chris continued to scan the Pokemon in front of him. No Pokemon were powerful against Fluid types. He was about to leave when the Professor stopped him.

"I sense some rivalry between you and the other boy who was previosuly here." Professor Elm shook his glasses. Chris looked at him, his indifferent expression showing Elm that he wasn't in the mood.

"Yeah. You could say that. But, since I'm here, I guess I should get a Pokemon." he turned around at the Pokemon on the table. He bagena to spin and once he felt a slight nausea, he stopped. He opened his eyes to find the pointed at a Magby. Its small red body jumped for joy once it realized it was being taken. He even let loose some flames. Chris bit his lip, it appeared luck had screwed him over. A Temperature type? That will never work. But, there was no going back, he picked it up and began to move back home.

"Wait, here's a Pokegear, and some Pokeballs." he called to Chris.

"I already got them. When you weren't looking. Bye, guy." he walked out of the building leaving the Professor confused. But, he had watched Chris grow, there was nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Adelaide Thomas

1.1 First Strike

Adelle stood at the edge of New Bark Town, her hands on her hips and a bleak look on her face. She could see the long grass of Route 29 and the 'boundless wonders' they seemed to hold. It's not that they scared her or anything, no; Adelle wasn't scared at all. She looked at her feet, her eyes following the invisible line that separated New Bark Town from the so-called wilderness. The significance of her first step as a real trainer into a place infested with Pokémon. It was one of those times that people remembered for the rest of their lives. This memory should be written into brains, for it was a mem--

"Okay, this is getting a little gay," Adelle made a face and nonchalantly stepped forward and into Route 29. Who really cared for that kind of crap anyway. If Adelle wanted it to be a memory, she would take a picture of it. And of what, grass? Boring. Her eyes floated to her arms, which were carrying a small Pokémon - her first to be exact. A Togepi, shrilling a small, happy tune. It was like a bell chiming. Adelle couldn't help but smile. She would probably be doing this more often; according to the PokéGear Elm had given her, this Pokémon's joy was contagious. So, she gave the Togepi a name; Pythagoras. Or just Py. It made sense, the thing had triangles all over it.

It didn't take long for the innevitable; a Pidgey flew across her path, causing her to stop dead. Her first, wild Pokémon battle. Better get a move on then before the bird pecked their eyes out. She flicked out her PokéGear and fiddled with the controls until she came across Py's moveset. Present and Charm. Well, whatever.

"Pythagoras, use.. uh, charm!" Adelle thrust her finger out but kept her eyes on the screen. The Togepi jumped out of her arm and rolled forward, using it's magic on it. The Pidgey staggered a little, then swept itself forward, ramming Py backwards. He rolled for a little, then bounced back up; the Charm must have worked then since he looked practically unharmed.

"Present then, I guess," the Togepi conjured a little ball of energy in his stubby little hands and threw it at the Pidgey. Instead of a colossal explosion, which was almost what Adelaide expected, the Pidgey hummed happily. Adelle pulled her PokéGear back up and reread the description. ... Fifty fifty in damage or healing. Fantastic. The only attack that Togepi had and it could negate the damage. "Spam it, Py."

The two flurried a little, until finally Pythagoras got three damage dealing presents in a row and knocked the poor thing out. Adelle nodded. Excellent. Moving on. The two made it through the grass and into a clearing, near a building. Adelle frowned at it. Why was there a building in the middle of nowhere? Curious, she pulled the door open and entered. Oh. It was a pass to another route. Right.

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

Chapter One, Part One- Amanda and Raspberry

In the Johto Region...it was clear as day. The Pidgey began singing their morning tunes, the Ledyba began scaling up the brick walls and trees, and the local Aipom was bothering people. Like seriously, it loves its apples; it would do ANYTHING for them. And when the narrator says ANYTHING, HE. MEANS. ANYTHING. However, the narrator is now bored with saying the word 'anything'. Blame his brain. In any case, the townsfolk of New Bark town was busily going about their routines. Meanwhile, in a certain house in New Bark Town, you can hear the footsteps of young teenagers as they were busy doing chores; cleaning up the house. One of them especially, one named Amanda Bel, was sweeping the kitchen floor. She had a blouse on along with slippers. Her Pink hair was tied with her bandanna, so that no hair would be blown all over her face while she swept.

"Amanda?" someone called out while she worked. It was Amanda's sister: Claudia. Amanda didn't call back, however; she still just continued to sweep, until Claudia finally found her in the kitchen. Claudia entered the kitchen, shaking her head annoyingly towardsat the non-responsive Amanda. "Amanda, didn't you hear me call you?"

"Yes." Amanda replied, still sweeping.

"Well...why didn't you answer me?" Claudia asked with a stern frown on her face. "I just have something to tell you!"

"Can't you see I'm doing something? Ugh...Fine, what is it?" Amanda firmly asked, finally stopping her sweeping, having direct eye contact toward Claudia. "And hurry up, I don't have all day."

"Oh for pete sake..." Claudia whispered to herself as she then looked up at Amanda again. "There's a package for you; I put it in the living room. Would you please take it, so it doesn't get in the way of our chores?"

"Whatever."

Amanda quickly dropped her broom on the floor, as she power walked right past Claudia, straight towards the living room with Claudia trailing slightly behind. When they got in the living room, Amanda noticed a brown box right on the glass table that was stationed almost right in front of the leather red couch. Amanda sat down on the couch with Claudia sitting beside her, as Amanda quickly picked up the box from the table, and started to rip it open.

"W-wait a minute!" Claudia hastily called out, trying to halt Amanda for a moment. "Aren't you going to at least check who sent it to you?"

"Why bother?" Amanda said, while unwrapping the packaging. "I like packages. Who cares who send them to me, as long as I get them."

Claudia could only roll her eyes in disbelief as Amanda finally opened up her package. Inside the box, laid a single pokeball. It had a shiny texture as it gleamed against the sunlight that shined through the open window nearby.

"Is that a...Pokemon?" Claudia asked silently as she stared on the single pokeball. Claudia then only slightly poked at it. All of a sudden, the pokeball started to shake. Then, the pokeball suddenly opened, surprising the two girls. The energy from the pokeball was released, and soon afterwards, it began to form. Right in front of Amanda's and Claudia's eyes...a pokemon was revealed. The pokemon was small; it had yellow hair, with a pink body. More so, it had huge red lips, and big eyes. It had them closed, but seconds later, it opened them, only to see the two girls staring immensely at them.

"Smooch? Smooch? Smoochum?" (Huh...? What? Why are ya'll staring at me for? Do I have something on my...lips?")

Claudia was especially surprised. "ITS..ITS..ITS...a Smoochum?" Claudia pondered. "Aw...its so cute! Don't you think so, Amanda?"

"N-NO!" Amanda replied shakily while turning away. "G-get it away from me! I HATE IT!"

"Smooooooochum!" (Yeah? well, I hate you too, you little bi---)

"But Amanda! How can you say that? Its as cute as a button!" Claudia insisted. "Just look at it, will ya?"

"NO WAY!" Amanda hesitated. "JUST...GO AWAY!"

"Smoochum, Smooch!" (I like to see you try and make me!)

"Amanda, what's wrong with you? " Claudia asked. "Just tell me. Come on, now."

"Its just...Its just..." Amanda began. "I...I love the color pink."

"What?"

"I LOVE THINGS THAT ARE PINK, OKAY?" Amanda yelled. "Its just...they are just...cute."

"Smoochum!" (Kid, why didn't you just say so? Man, you teenage types, I swear...)

"Awwww, look at you!" Claudia swooned. "You're a big softie after all!"

"Shut...up." Amanda ordered as Claudia and Smoochum chuckled. Then Amanda finally turned back to the Smoochum. "Why is this...thing for me anyway?"

"Smooch? Smoochum, Smooch!" (Hey now, who are you calling a thing, you little... thing!! Yeah, that's right, baby! A small pokemon JUST. CALLED. YOU. A .THING. You should be in disappoint.)

"It came with a letter," Claudia pointed out as she got out a piece of paper from her pocket. "It says: Collect the Gym Badges, catch more pokemon, and travel the world. This adventure is yours, now. Good Luck."

"I have a question," Amanda started. "Why should I care to do this?"

"Smoochum! Smooch? Smoochum." (Here's another question! How's it like to not kiss a boy? Oh snap son.)

"Wait a minute Amanda," Claudia started. "I think I understand. This person..whoever sent you this; they wanted you to open your heart. Open your heart to mystery...perils...excitement...and most importantly: love and friendship."

"...That's it? Sounds like a lame PG cartoon show." Amanda sighed.

"Smoochum!" (Oh, you better not have dissed my funnies, ya'll.)

"I know it might sound like it," Claudia smiled. "But, everyone needs to go on a journey. Its part of growing up." Claudia stared towards Amanda a bit as she stared back. Amanda, probably realized she was not going to win this argument, gave her a sigh at last.

"Fine...I'll try," she said, getting off the couch. She grabbed Smoochum's pokeball. "I...have to send it back in her, right?" she asked. "How on earth do I do this?" However, Claudia shrugged, as she was unsure herself.

"Ah, maybe just let the pokemon walk wth you?" Claudia suggested.

"What a pain in the ass!" Amanda complained."You mean I have to be this pokemon's babysitter?!"

"Smooooochum!" (Karma is a *****, sister.)

"It'll be fine!" Claudia said. "Now go! Get ready!" Amanda could only but agree, so she walked upsatirs, to her room. A few minutes later, there, she put on her baseball cap, along with taking off her blouse, and putting on new clothes: a t-shirt that was underneath a light blue dress shirt, pink jean shorts, and wore blacksocks with black shoes with white padding. She was finally ready. She went downstairs again, where she met CLaudia and Smoochum in front of the door.

"You look hot!" Claudia complemented.

"Smoooooooochum!" (But don't take that too serious now.)

"Yeah, yeah, sure." Amanda said, unintersted by Claudia's complementeed. "I'm leaving now--"

"Hold on, before you do," Claudia said. 'This also came with the package. A set of empty pokeballs for you to capture with, an old looking pokedex, a townmap, and a badge case for the badges you collect. And look what I've got for you -- a backpack to store it all in!" Amanda carefully store all the items in her backpack, and wore it behind her back. She nodded, which was her way of saying 'thank you', as she then headed out the door, with the Smoochum trailing behind her. Claudia waved a goodbye to her as Amanda was finnally outside with her new Smoochum.

Their journey together had just begun. They both arrived at their first destination -- Route 29.

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Zephyr Chapter

The Pineapple
Part 1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Witthoefft was in desperate need of a pick-me-up. He was supposed to be laughing, running around in circles playing with countless Pokémon, and preparing techniques for his first contest! But so far, all that he had managed to do was get his Eevee bruised and a fainted Pidgey in his arms. Bwah.

And as if on cue, a person appeared from the woods and entered the clearing. They obviously didn't notice him because they strode right past him without a word and opened the door to the police terminal building. A little Togepi trailed after its trainer as fast as it little feet could take it, as cute as could be. Hey.... this individual seemed familiar. Oh, right! Togepi! They must be a trainer that just got their starter Pokémon today. Excellent! We have an icebreaker! This must be a sign.

Witthoefft moved the unconscious Pidgey into his right arm, snatched his Eevee companion strategically in the same limb, and walked confidently towards the person walking into the doorway. Upon closer inspection, they seemed to lack any "defining lady parts" on their chest, so it was probably easy to assume they were a male.

The teen poked the Togepi trainer on the shoulder to catch their attention. When they turned around, they were met with an overzealous, but notheless friendly smile.

"Hi sir," Witthoefft started, "I can see you're a new trainer! I'm Witthoefft, and I started today too with this Eevee here," he raised his arm to bring focus to the feline. "Named Vici. Nice to meet you!" He said as he grasped and shook the hand of the trainer without invitation.

Nideous

Years
(OOC: Wow, Pichu isn't the only one to have an attitude anymore. :D)

Tyler walked confidently into the minors wing of the hospital. He stepped around some other kid and walked right up to the counter, with Pichu trailing behind him.
"Hey, can I get my pokemon healed?" Tyler said as he placed Pidgey's pokeball on the counter, and then picked up Pichu and set her on the counter as well. The nurse nodded and took them away.
"Hey! Is there anywhere I can change? Look at me! I'm absolutely filthy!" he said as she walked away. Another nurse smiled and pointed him toward the bathroom. He frowned, but he needed to change, so he made do. When he emerged, he was looking spectacular in his comfortable clothes. While, he was quite as impressived as he was in the suit, his appearence still said (screamed may be more appropriate) that he was a cut above the rest, and his posture and attitude only enhanced that. He strood back to the counter and recovered his two pokemon. Without so much as a thnk you he walked out. Time to stand around and wait for Darrel's employee to get here. About ten minutes later, he finally pulled up.

"Finally! Waht took you so long? I've been waiting forever!" Tyler said. The man mumbled some kind of excuse, which Tyler ignored.
"Whatever, here! And if they are damaged, you're going to be sorry. Those clothes are worth more than you make in a year!"Tyler said. The man nodded and drove away with his suit.
"Pichu!" Pichu shouted after him.
That's right! You tell him girl!" Tyler said happily. She looked up at him and then looked away angrily. Oh right, she was still mad at him.
"Look, are you still mad about the mix up we had earlier? How the heck was I supposed to know you were a girl? It's not like I'd ever seen a Pichu!" Tyler said. She huffed angrily. Was this about her not having a name? Well, Tyler would get pretty tired if someone called him 'human' all the time. She was different! She was an individual! She needed a name that suited her! But, what to call her?

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2021
Ivan Tzere turned around to take one last glance at the quaint little town that was New Bark. The little village contained nothing more than a few residential houses and the laboratory. The research facility had a recent expansion; miniature biomes were added to the rear to house different types of pokemon. It was his last job at Silph Co. Construction Division and his last lonely nights without a pokemon of his own. After hearing Ivan's story Professor Elm felt sympathy for him. Elm gave him the chance to start anew, to go on a soul-searching journey with his very own pokemon.

He was given first pick out of the newly bred pokemon that were to be given to the majority of a graduating class. Ivan ended up choosing the electric dual beast type elekid. It was black and yellow, fur buzzing with static currents flowing through it. The ears, at least he thought they were ears, extended vertically, shaped like the prongs of an electrical plug.

Ivan didn't like the idea of cramping pokemon up in little balls so he allowed for his friend to walk with him side by side, instead of being carried in his bag. To this point in his life pokemon had essentially been equals who helped out of mutual interest rather than forced into slavery. So ever since the two had met a day earlier they had walked side by side. However the little one hadn't made a sound, nor an expression of an interest. Multiple times he had tried to make contact with the being but each time electricity built up and sizzled between the prongs atop his head. The elekid trusted him enough to follow him over the past twenty-four hours but would not let itself be touched. He did not want to overstep his boundaries so he simply retracted his hand each time.

"Thank you New Bark Town," Ivan whispered softly," and thank you Professor Elm." With that Ivan spun on his heal, beginning his new journey as he crossed into route 29. What he noticed was that this route was much like his home. The outskirts of Ilex would flood from the melt-waters flowing down from the mountain in spring time. It was alive with the buzz of bugs and the calls of all sorts of different pokemon. Small trees grew sparsely throughout the route for as far as he could see. To either side was a rickety fence that's only purpose was to mark the path to Cherrygrove. Beyond the ageless fences was a deep, thick forest teeming with pokemon and all other sorts of adventure.

As Ivan strode through the muck and the mud he observed the features of the forest. Much like Ilex the bird pokemon gathered in the trees. The piercing eyes of the pidgey gazed upon him, looking for a sign of threat. The bushes rustle as the rattata cower within, occasionally darting along. The easy-going sentret bounce along in the open without a care. The quiet 'hoot' of a hoothoot could be heard coming from the trees deep within the forest while they slept. All was as normal for an easygoing route such as this one.

Even though Ivan wore work boots they were in ill-condition, allowing the water and mud to penetrate through them. His socks began to dampen as he advanced through the route. It was an uncomfortable feeling, but a familiar one to his childhood. Throughout the years of his childhood he learned many things that would apply to his nearing adventure. One of which is that you should always have on dry socks to avoid rotting your feet. And on that note Ivan crossed the fence to the thick forest. The ground was nothing like that on the other side of the fence, this instead was spongy but solid. He slung his cinch sac around whilst taking a seat at the base of a large oak tree. His elekid seemed happy enough to be taking a break from walking, finding refuge under a much more narrow oak. Inside the pack was not much more than the essentials. A change of clothes, multiple pairs of socks, a note pad, pens and the pokeballs Elm gave him; one engraved with an 'I' on it at his request, elekid's.

Ivan changed his socks and laced up not wanting to waste any time. Mentally he decided to keep along the forested side of the path to avoid the muck and grime. At that he and elekid stood up simultaneously, elekid seemingly able to predict his trainer's movements. But before the two could move a slight hiss and rustle came from the clearing not ten feet away. It sounded familiar to Ivan, oh so familiar. Another hiss came, this time seemingly from the bush that separated him from where the original hiss came. He looked down to see a spinarak crawling out from the dark. Back home, that's where I've heard that before!

"Alright, Element, our first battle! Let's go!" Ivan shouted as he backed away. The elekid snapped to attention, responding to the name he had decided upon. "Ele ele." A slightly more serious expression grew across Element's face. Alright, alright. Now what moves did the professor say he had? Tackle? No. Headbutt? No. Oh, oh, it was quick attack!. "Element, use quick attack!" But by this time the spinarak had already turned about, spraying Element with it's stringshot. Ivan's pokemon struggled but was determined to win it's first battle. Element broke free from the sticky webbing after a light struggle. It was obvious he was still somewhat restricted, moving slower than before. "Urf. Let's try this again. Element, use quick attack!"

Static surged across the surface of Element's fur as he rushed towards the spinarak. The prongs buzzed with an electrical charge and burst with energy when Element struck the foe. The spinarak winced, nearing a collapsing state as Ivan's pokemon returned to him. In quick response to the powerful blow he ripped a pokeball from his bag, clicking the middle button that would prepare it for use. He took careful aim and chucked the ball at the helpless pokemon.... But before it could reach the foe a string of web caught the ball, smashing it against a nearby tree.

From the tree tops an ariados appeared out of no where. Even in the dim lighting he noticed something off about it. It was... purple? Surely that couldn't be right, mind playing tricks on him. The ariados back home were red, not purple. The beast snarled, hissed and gnashed its pincers. It stood between him and the spinarak he had just failed to catch. "Hissss-krak-shn-k-k-k-k." Ivan was lost in a trance, gaze locking on the discoloration. He was utterly confused by what was just before his eyes. All the while the little spinarak was crawling up on to the back of the ariados. Element never lost sight of lesser creature, growing frustrated with the lack of commands from his trainer.

And in the blink of an eye the ariados, and the spinarak for that matter, were soaring through the tree tops deeper and deeper into the forest. Ivan snapped out of his confusion, trying to figure out where he was. Finally he noticed Element was gone, no where to be seen! "Element!..Element!? Where'd you go!?" A glance at the ground gave him his answer. Tiny footprints led in the direction the ariados headed off to. Element must have gone after them. Determined little bugger. With that thought he started to run, glancing down at the ground to look for prints or any sign of where his little elekid had run off to.

Ivan found the little guy webbed to a tree. Element was struggling with all of his might to make it's own way out of the sticky substance. "Element! You can't go running off like that on me." He ran to his pokemon and began to tear at the webbing. Soon the elekid was free again, seemingly joyed that Ivan was there to rescue him. That expression of joy was wiped of his face as a group of two...three...five...seven spinarak dropped from the forest ceiling! Wow, I screwed up bad. The discolored ariados from before appeared before him again; gnashing, hissing. "Look, look, I'll leave you and all of your offspring here in peace if you just let me leave."Hisss-nsh-kr-n-k-k-k" The spinarak parted, allowing him and Element a chance to leave. And without a second of hesitation or doubt Ivan and Element left the cluster.

Element attained a look of defeat and dismay as the two walked back towards the route. He had been defeated in the most embarrassing way. Ivan saw it as a sign of improvement. Element was finally starting to show emotion. He smiled while the elekid frowned but each expression was for the same reason: Element had let it's guard down. He finally broke the ice between the two.

Without notice Ivan felt himself falling to the ground. Normally the thud at the end would be a crash given his size but the soft, spongy grass absorbed most of the fall. Slightly embarrassed, Ivan looked back to see the David to his Goliath was a hole about a foot in diameter just beyond the bush he was stepping through. What in hell could that be? He picked himself up, covered with spot of mud and foliage. He was unable to resist the temptation of checking out the oddly large hole. Element looked on in slight amusement at lumbering oaf practically sticking his head in the hole. But it had seemed to pay off. For what he found was an egg, spotted purple on a light yellow shell. "I wonder what pokemon this could be?" Ivan thought aloud as he removed the near perfect sphere from the hole. A series of hissing could be heard in the distance, unlike those of the spinarak and ariados. "But I don't want to be finding out quite yet, let's go Element."

The two hurried off to avoid another confrontation with a creature of the forest. Soon the trees became less dense, shafts of light pierced the canopy and the two were near route 29 again. Finally they reached the old rickety fence that bordered the route to Cherrygrove. They were much further along, he noticed, but that wasn't a problem. It just meant less time walking in the muck. The two sat for a bit: panting, resting, thinking. The egg was safely nestled in Ivan's arms. He felt oddly attached to it already. Element took no notice, taking initiative in using meditate in case they had another fight in the near future. But that was not needed. Soon after they set foot again they arrived in Cherrygrove, home of the famous pokemon hospital.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Adelaide Thomas

1.2 First Strike

Adelle poked her head into the new route ahead, the man on duty at the pass hardly paying her much attention. As far as she could tell, this route led to nowhere. Fantastic. A dead end. What was the point of having this place if it was just a pass to a big patch of grass? Maybe the Pokémon there were rabid or they were hiding something. Whatever it was, she didn't care too much about it.

"Hi sir," there was a tap on her shoulder, "I can see you're a new trainer! I'm Witthoefft, and I started today too with this Eevee here named Vici. Nice to meet you!" The kid (well, he was probably about 18 or 19, but to Adelle he looked like a kid) took her hand and shook it. Adelle returned the hello with a raised eyebrow.

"Sir?" she pulled her arm back when the handshake had gone on long enough and picked up Pythagoras from her feet. She quickly inspected the boy. Glasses, funny looking nose, a shaggy mop of hair, unshaven (though the look seemed quite intentional). He was quite tall too, almost towering over Adelle. But his smile. It was a little too sickly sweet for Adelle's taste. "I don't know how many guys you've seen, but I'm sure as hell ain't one of them." She bit her lip a little. Oh. Now she remembered where she had seen him; this morning at Elm's lab (though Adelaide had left before she had seen him get whatever. Obviously the Eevee). Okay, so that tone may have been a little harsh, but whatever.

"Adelle. And this is Pythagoras," she scratched at her brow. "Nice to meet you, uh, Witt. And Vici. And... uh, is that a dead Pidgey in your hands?"

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Zephyr Chapter

The Pineapple
Part 2

Withdrawing their hand from Witthoefft's grasp, the trainer looked cynically at the boy. "I don't know how many guys you've seen, but I'm sure as hell ain't one of them." They said. Oh. So the person was a female. Now that Witthoefft had a chance to really examine her face, it was easy to see the feminine tone of it regardless of her lack of "other" womanly elements. How embarrassing; not five seconds into meeting this girl and he had already screwed up his first impression. "Adelle. And this is Pythagoras," the girl spoke again, gesturing towards the Togepi she just picked back up. "Nice to meet you, uh, Witt. And Vici. And.... uh, is that a dead Pidgey in your hands?"

"Eevee!" Vici replied in the absence of Witthoefft's answer. The cat began to purr and smile, feeling great despite her injury or disheveled appearance. Witthoefft was lost in a bit of thought, pondering what the last words of the girl had meant.

"Dead Pid- Dead Pidgey? What to do you mean dead Pidge-" He whispered as he looked over to his arm that contained Vici. There, as broad as broad as daylight and nestled right next to Vici, was the knocked out Pidgey he had so carelessly forgotten about moments previously. "Oh!" he shouted in realization. "He's not dead, I-"

Witthoefft glanced at the guard on lookout and back to the girl. Biting his lip, he raised his index finger as if to signal "one moment please." Witthoefft dashed over to the guard, nearly bumping into Adelle, and stood in front of the counter. The Guard, noticing movement, unenthusiastically raised his eyes from his magazine to find a tall young man with an expression on his face like he'd just won the freaking million-dollar lottery.

"Yes, do you need my services?" The Guard droned with a sigh.

"Hi, yes, um, I'm Witthoefft, and I accidentally stumbled into this Pidgey here's territory just a couple of minutes ago and to make a long story short, it ran into a tree and is all bruised up. Can you take it and patch it up in preparation to release it back into the wild?" The boy said quickly and awkwardly. The Guard has his annoyed glaze about his eyes that yelled "I don't give two sh-"
"Why don't you just catch it?" The Guard wondered aloud with a particularly mean tone like this solution was obvious. Witthoefft blushed (more then what was already there) and looked at the man in befuddlement.

"Well I don't see it fair if I intrude on a Pokémon, beat it up, and then steal it from his life. That's just wrong. I want Pokémon to come with me because they want to not because I-"

"Freaking- freaking whatever, kid." The guard interrupted him, distain in his voice. "I'll beam it over to Cherrygrove Hopsital so they can get it all nice and whatever. Happy?"

Witthoefft didn't like this man one bit. Who does he think he is? But, Pidgey needed the medical attention. Witthoefft picked Pidgey out of his arm with his free hand and placed it on the table in front of the guard. "Thanks. Oh, and, stop being such a douchebag while you're at it."

The Guard staggered a bit with his head at the seemingly out-of-character statement as Witthoefft walked back towards Adelle.

"Sorry Sweetie for the interruption," He said nicely. "Shall we head in?"

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Adelaide Thomas

1.3 First Strike

Adelle sighed as the boy excused himself briefly to talk to the guard. Okay, so it wasn't dead. Was it his? Why wasn't it in a PokéBall if it was? It would have been easier to carry. Bah, seriously, who cared? Though Adelle's ears perked up as her questions were somewhat answered.

"Why don't you just catch it?" Good question, Mr. Guard. Though this kid was probably from Greenpeace and would spout something about stealing it from the wild or something? Adelle gave a smile as Witt-blah-blah pretty much took the words out of her mouth. Sure, it wasn't the norm but it didn't bother Adelle as much as it bothered this guy. Each to their own, yeah? A small quarrel and an insult later, the kid rejoined Adelle.

"Sorry sweetie," Adelle made a face at the name. First sir, now sweetie? She wasn't twelve. In fact, she was probably older than this kid, "for the interruption. Shall we head in?"

"Head in there?" Adelle bobbed her head to the dead-end grassy area she had looked at a few minutes before. "It's a patch of crap, a dead end. There's probably a few Pokémon in there, but nothing too special. I seriously just want to head to Cherrygrove or something. But you can do whatever you want, I don't care." Adelle shrugged at him. If he was heading towards gate to nowhere, she wouldn't follow.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Zephyr Chapter

The Pineapple
Part 3

Adelle casually refused to continue. Witthoefft looked at her with some disappointment; being let down by his new acquaintance. But, he wasn't about to let his supposed pick-me-up get him in the dumps, too!

"Come on," He encouraged. "Where's your sense of adventure, missy? We could find some wild Pokémon to befriend; we might find a trainer to have a mini-contest with...." Witthoefft looked at Adelle's crossed arms that held her Togepi. "We can let our Pokémon play together, too!"

The boy smiled with enthusiasm. Seeing Vici play would cheer him right up! Witthoefft looked down towards the aforementioned Eevee. The grin disappeared off his face as he truly saw the shape Vici was in- although she acted like her cherry and energetic self; her fur still looked like it was drenched in transparent paint, dirt scattered her entire coat, and the side where the Pidgey pecked her was still kind of maroon-colored. She looked like she was deranged and feral. But, hopefully that wouldn't be a deal breaker?

Nideous

Years
Tyler wandered around until he reached the edge of the route leading out of town. Unfortunately it was blocked by construction. He sighed and turned back. Now what was he supposed to do? He walked down to the coast. It wasn't a beach. There were a lot of really sharp rocks, and it would be impossible to go anywhere from here without risking permanent injury. In short, the only way he could go was back. And that wasn't going to happen. He'd have to wait for tonight. Then he could sneak through the construction site when all the lower-class workers went home. He sat down on a large rock and stared out at the sea. What the heck was supposed to be fun about this?
"Pichu!" Pichu said interupting his thoughts. He looked at her, and saw that she still had a displeased looke on her face.

"Oh, so now you want to talk? And I was just starting to enjoy the silent treatment," Tyler said quietly. He reached over and pulled her into a hug, and got zapped.
"Yeow! Cut that out! What the heck is wrong with you? Why do you keep zapping me?" Tyler said as he set her down.
"Pichu! Pichupi!" she replied. He scratched his head. What the heck was she saying?
"I don't unsderstand what what you're saying!" Tyler said. She flattened her ears and narrowed her eyes at him. She used Static Zap on him again. He fell over and twitched a bit.
"Stop zapping me! That hurts! You're acting like you're some kind of spoiled princess that isn't getting her way!" Tyler said. That gave him an idea for a name.
"Hey, I finally came up with a name for you. How about I call you Isadora? She was a princess a very long time ago," Tyler said with a smile. Isadora gave him a look that he understood perfectly. It shouted out 'finally!' Was that what she had been going on about? Her name? Wow, what a load of bull. Isa... Well, she lived up to her namesake, that's for sure. Tyler now needed to name Pidgey. That one was obvious as he remembered the powerful Gust he had used on Isa. He pulled the bird's pokeball off his belt.
"And I'll call you Cyclonis (Transformers FTW!)" Tyler said. Isa walked over to him and he picked her up. She wasn't angry anymore, but she didn't exactly look pleased either. She'd get over it. Now, he still needed something to do...

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Adelaide Thomas

1.4 First Strike

Adelle cringed then forced a painful smile. Missy? Who was this kid, Adelle's uncle or something? No post-teen talks like this unless their pet's name was Missy or they were making a joke about it. What would be next? Love, deary, princess? Gross.

"Just stop with the names, okay? It's Adelle. Or Adelaide," she cocked her head to the side and blinked slowly. "And you can do whatever, I don't care, really. I'm going this way." Adelle brushed passed the boy and headed out the door she originally came through, back to a way that made sense. As she walked back out into the clearing, she looked towards Cherrygrove; she couldn't see anything through the trees, but Cherrygrove definitely had to be this way. So said a quick glance at a map she had seen back in New Bark Town. There was a small shrill noise and Adelle looked down, only to see a small frown, almost crying back at her.

"What, you wanted to play with them?" The Togepi nodded slowly. "Oh, come on Py. I'll catch another Pokémon or something." Pythagoras shook his head and thrust a hand back towards the police terminal. Adelle frowned back at him. What could you do with a child like this? Adelle definitely wasn't the kind of trainer that would fold to a Pokémon's request. Then again, Py was absolutely adorable and saying no would be a hard thing to do.

Back