• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Next "Seasons"

Years
*I know there are already threads talking about the various upcoming features of the games/the implementation of old ones. If this is too close, please merge or close. Sorry for the possible inconvenience!

So if gamefreak were to add any season-like feature to the games, what do you think it would be, and do you want a similar feature included in the games? Two instances I've heard of are the weather in game coordinating to the weather outside. So if your 3DS was somehow connected to the weather channel or something, and it said it was snowing, then it'd snow everywhere in game (don't know how feasible this is too be honest). Another similar thing to this is the inclusion of holidays. Since the game and 3DS are region locked/if you could input events into a calendar, I could see this happening. It could be a simple feature, with the NPCs of the game just partying and talking about whatever event was going on that day.

So, what do you think of the two ideas above? Would you want them to be implemented? Do you have any similar ideas of your own you think could/would be implemented into the games?

Sirfetch’d

OMG that would be so amazing with the weather O.0. That is so cool I haope that that happens. As for the inclusion of holidays as cool as that would be I doubt it happens due to that fact there could be controversy over it because certain holidays might offend people, like Christmas. But I would be cool with it happening:)

A feature i think would be cool if for your family to throw you a birthday party each year. You could receive very useful items as gifts from gym leaders and friends.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
Back when weather was the new thing in Gen 3, little kid me was hoping there'd be some way for it to match the weather outside. I'd be soooooo happy if it became a reality here!

But really, what climate thing hasn't been done yet? I think that maybe in that respect, the environments are as real as they're going to get.

Gary0ak

TPP ROM Hacker
Years
I think weather would be amazing. I think it would look something like this:
g4njp.png

(Springtime Weather)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That'd be a great feature @ weather. I wouldn't use that though. Alabama weather is...stupid. XD I wouldn't be able to deal with going from sun to snow in real life AND my game, haha.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
That'd be a great feature @ weather. I wouldn't use that though. Alabama weather is...stupid. XD I wouldn't be able to deal with going from sun to snow in real life AND my game, haha.

Where I live we basically go through that cycle once a day without the snow XD It's pretty crazy but maybe it would be cool if they did it right. ^^ They have overworld weather in past games, why not these! Though I do hope there's a snowy area, there's only really been mountaintops and I'd like to see something different.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I think it'd be cool to have all the weather features. I'd get a good mix because were I live it might be really hot one day then stormy the next. Although that could get annoying If you lived in a place that rained/snowed all the time.

It would be awesome if they celebrated your birthday! That would be awesome. How awesome would it be if you could see a fireworks display on New Years Eve? That would be amazing!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
It would be nice to have dynamic weather that could occur erratically and not just in pre determined spots.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'd rather not have it based on where we live. Maybe in general... the overall weather your state is having in general, so really sunny if it's over certain degrees or something, but nothing too crazy, tho I'd never get a snowy area ;__;

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Love the random weather idea, and also checking on the in-game tv for the forecast.

Years
My weather would be depressing; rain, rain, rain, clouds, rain. XD

It would be a nice feature, but I feel it would be a little redundant to some people, who wouldn't be able to see different seasons. I think, if they are going to have the seasons, they should just keep them to game seasons. Maybe keeping it to real life seasons, but nothing real time, in the sense of what is happened exactly there and then.​

blue

gucci
Years
That would be a great feature! I could see them implementing some sort of Disaster system i.e Earthquakes, Volcanoes but I don't really know how it would have an impact on the game play.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

^ Nah I'd rather that didn't happen, this is a kiddies game after all. I'd love to see NYE fireworks, that'd be amazing.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh I like the idea of fireworks based on the event. Considering what the region looks like I think it might be kind of likely to happen (or at least from the graphics it seems like fireworks could easily be implemented).

Back