• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Pokemon Digital artwork

TheLeetCasualGamer

Hi, I'm strange :3
Years
I use GIMP 2.6 for my graphics tool. I make all my artwork from scratch, my complete digital illustrations are standard desktop BG size, and I think I've been getting better. xP

Anyway, both positive and negative feedback is much appreciated :)

For those who want to help me improve, just be honest with me, what you didn't like or what you like about certain pieces.

Going to post this from old Pokemon pieces to new ones

beyond_the_clouds_by_ebesu_the_wolf-d50vrhg.jpg

Old piece, I don't really use Sai too often, my proportions were still way off :/

suicune_painting_by_theleetcasualgamer-d51saz1.png

One of my first actual Paintings :3 Anyway one of my favorite Legendary Pokemon

meganium_by_theleetcasualgamer-d530zhc.png

I was still trying to figure out how to make Backgrounds x(

quick_leafeon_animation___3_by_theleetcasualgamer-d532kwa.gif

This was a small animation project I did, I use it for my transitions of my top tens I make on YouTube :3

axew_by_theleetcasualgamer-d55i8l9.png

I wuv Axew :3

pokemon_critter_land_by_theleetcasualgamer-d574oq0.png

I believe this to be my finest. An actual Background, a bunch of characters, and some sort of setting to go along with it

firedash_by_theleetcasualgamer-d57sl0e.png

It's Rapidash, nuff said

cobalian_headshot_by_theleetcasualgamer-d588bgi.png

I like Keldeo more, but Cobolain is also kind of cool :3

leafeon_emblem_by_theleetcasualgamer-d589olh.png

I just use this as my ID on DA.
the_little_explorers_of_the_unknown_by_theleetcasualgamer-d5c3y4y.png

Tried to copy a scene from my experience of PMD

scyther_by_theleetcasualgamer-d5csrf6.png

This is my favorite close up portrait

skymin_by_theleetcasualgamer-d5exd0r.png

Think I'm starting to get contrast down pretty well. This was just simply a one hour doodle. xP

the_lighthouse_pokemon_by_theleetcasualgamer-d5f3sns.png

This was for a friends birthday. Ampharos is his favorite Pokemon. I think I'm getting much better with everything though this was a bit rushed due to deadlines. I'm well aware the lighthouse didn't turn out the best xP

Well, that's all I have for the time being, I'll be updating this later

Last edited:
Years
Super glad to see your art thread finally up, Leety! <3

Great job on these! I really like the detail you put into your art; Suicune's eyes look really great especially, you can see you worked pretty hard to get the little details down! n_n It's nice to see an artist trying so many new things too, from backgrounds to unique poses (your Rapidash comes to mind)!

I do like your art a lot, but I'd definitely recommend working a bit more on your anatomy. Axew's snout seems to be a little long, for example. As you draw, try to pay more attention to these things like how big one foot looks in comparison to the other (Rapidash's right back leg looks kind of big compared to the left), I guarantee it'll help out a lot. :D

Can't wait to see more~!

Years
As Cirno mentioned, it's refreshing to see some unique poses and environments in pokemon drawings. Especially looking at the rapidash drawing, I love looking at it's unique form and pose.

As for improvement, some of the edges are a bit blurry of the pokemon and objects. You could try all your shading first and then go back with a smooth eraser tool (if they are in layers) and make the edges more crisp. :)

TheLeetCasualGamer

Hi, I'm strange :3
Years
Thanks for the comments, I updated with a few more pics. I took a look at some tutorials as well so I think for the most part my drawing ability improved. :)

Back