• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros: Augustine Rush [T] [OOC/SU]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Super_Smash_Brawl_logo.png

Augustine Rush
Game Master: Leaf Storm

IC thread - OOC thread

[0] available spots

IwnY4.jpg

About Super Smash Bros ★

Spoiler:

Augustine Island ★

Spoiler:

Augustine Island is an Island located in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, with the nearest land is Portugal. It was a mystery for years that the island hadn't been discovered by anyone until the year 2016. According to John Vilora's study, the island has been infected by an evil aura, which researchers had said it may be from Insane, the humanoid black dragon. No one at this time knows what is that evil aura and how it was developed.

Augustine Island has three climates: Sunny, Snowy, and Stormy. The climates change clockwise every week. So, if it's Sunny, it'll be storming next week, and snowing the next, and so on. It also has 4 environments: Mountains, desert, forest and the obvious beach shores. Mountains tend to be the snowiest, while desert and forests tend to be the stormiest.

Spoiler:

Plot ★

It's the year 2016. Many advances in technology as well as new land discoveries on Earth were announced for the whole world to know. From that list of discoveries, Augustine, a large island as large as the US state of Virginia is one island Geographers haven't discovered or explored yet as of late. Years went by afterwards, as the Island was never claimed, or conquered by anyone. Scientists, geographers, and explorers are interested to see why. What is the reason why the Island is repelling visitors?

John Vilora, a scientist from Minnesota decided to take a personal trip by helicopter to Augustine Island. He plans to uncover the truth behind Augustine, and why the Island is deemed repelling to explorers, geographers, basically anyone. During his two week stay, he hasn't found anyone or anything that would be deemed dangerous or horrible. It was just a large island with different climates, and regions that would attract tourists.

On the day he planned to return back to Minnesota, his life was cut short.

The Island was already claimed, conquered, taken over…by an evil aura. Augustine became more of a warzone rather than a place for tourists and it was no wonder the place was a safe haven for anyone. Vilora hadn't explored ¾'s of the island during his two weeks, and as he found the army of weird-looking monsters such as three-headed ostriches, called Dodrio's, and then there are three eyed, four armed goblins, and black ogres just to name a few. But it wasn't just the monsters that were posing any danger and/or hatred to the island. In fact, the Island became more of a dangerous game. Vilora wasn't even killed by a monster. He was killed by an dark-purple-colored Pikachu.

The Island was taken over by a humanoid black dragon named Insane. Bringing in his cloned Super Smash Bros characters with him to help him guard the island from intruders. Coming from the planet of Listoria, he decided to use Augustine as his plantation for his upcoming evil schemes, and use the Island to produce a powerful bomb that would destroy not only the Earth, but the Universe. The bomb has yet to be produced, as far as what Vilora said in a journal he left behind. But there were no whereabouts...yet.

On August 23, 2016, NintendoFests were held in big cities all over the world, such as Los Angeles, London, Copenhagen, and Tokyo. It was the day fans of Nintendo celebrated the success of the company, as well as the games. A new game, Super Smash Bros: Battle!, became the number one game in the world, with fans coming into the festival cosplaying as their favorite characters in the game. There are 50 of them in total. Fans were dressed up as Pikachu, Link, Zelda, Mario, Princess Peach, Sonic, Solid Snake, just to name a few that have appeared on the game. These fans expect to have a great time on the festival, but they did not expect Insane's upcoming plan.

Insane sent Bowser, King Dedede, Wario, a Team Rocket Executive, Mewtwo, and Ganondorf to each of the 6 continents of the world (Antarctica is not included unless you want penguins lol). Each of them kidnapping 1-2 NintendoFest fans cosplaying as a Super Smash Bros character. They were boxed, tied up, and were taken to Augustine Island. Not all of the boxes made it to the lair of Insane. Eight of the boxes from Bowser, King Dedede, and Mewtwo escaped harm from Insane by a mysterious aura of good, and ended up landing on each side of the shore. The boxes were easy to open afterwards, leaving the 8 captives wondering...where are we?

Camelia, the good humanoid dragon, is Insane's sister. The golden-winged white-skinned dragon escaped his secret lair to assist the 8 captives, separated from each other at the island. She later gives each of the 8 captives powers and special attacks. Guns and laserbeams aren't plastic anymore. Swords are sharpened to perfection, and those who are dressed as Pokemon, or other characters that use magical powers...can actually attack with them. None of the 8 captives know what caused them to escape from the villain that kidnapped them. But they were lucky enough to be alive. The other four, however, their fate was unknown. Each of the 8 cosplaying humans, dressed up as their favorite Super Smash Bros characters, don't know what to do next, as an action-filled adventure awaits for them.

You ★

You are one of the 8 captives from either Bowser, King Dedede, and Mewtwo, stranded in Augustine Island. You remain in your Super Smash Bros cosplay, sporting out exactly like the character you dressed up as, you even have the weapons, and eventually, you will earn your powers from Cammy the golden-winged dragon. You are not the only one on the island, as 7 others are spread all around. You may be allies to each other, or enemies. You can brawl to determine that status, but the main goal is to defeat Insane and his enemy Super Smash Bros clones, who guard just about most of the island. Many small enemies like Dodrios or Metroids will appear to attack, but those are easy to kill.

You have no clothing but the clothing you have now: your costume. You have nothing to eat. Although, the only food source is at the forest with fruit trees all around. There's no way you'll escape the island. Coast Guard and other rescue crews all over the world will refuse to rescue because the island is deemed dangerous to go. Escaping the island may be a long term goal, but the least thing you can do is to survive.

NPC's

(* indicates not to be used by the player)

Spoiler:

Insane* – The black-skinned, black winged humanoid dragon who came from an unknown planet to set up his plantation to destroy the universe at Augustine Island. He created several clones of his favorite Super Smash Bros characters to help him guard the Island for him, while he works on his next unknown plan. Cruel, conceited, stubborn, and hatred. He only cares about himself and only himself. He has webbed feet and webbed hands. His known powers are mostly fire and psychic-related. He later finds out that there's 8 people on the island, posing danger to him, which prompts him to create evil versions of Super Smash Bros characters, all of which have programmed to destroy anyone who plans to step in his plantation.

Camelia – Cammy for short. She is the good sibling of Insane. She had been hiding from her older brother for several years since he started to plot his plan to destroy the universe. She decided to come out of hiding and rescue the captured humans from their kidnappers from being eliminated from Insane. She will be the "guardian angel" for the captive humans, as she will give them their powers to retake Augustine Island. Intelligent, clever, and such a sweetie pie, Cammy is the white-haired, white-skinned, golden-winged humanoid dragon with the same physical characteristics as her older brother.

Characters

In 2016, a new game called Super Smash Bros: Battle! features up to 50 playable characters, including characters that haven't appeared in any of the previous games like Brawl, Melee, or even the 4th SSB game. In this roleplay, the main focus are the characters that had appeared on all three SSB games (the 64 version, Melee and Brawl). You can choose ONE character from the list. Also, their movesets and final smashes are as-is, you may not alter them.

Spoiler:

Rules ★

General -

~ DO NOT OVERPOWER YOURSELF. This is the first and foremost rule of this roleplay. There is no level up or anything, but I strongly suggest you control your character's powers when facing bosses or other players. If I find that you are overpowering your character, you will be booted out.
~ The Game Master of the roleplay is Leaf Storm. I have the final say on everything.
~ No Godmodding. Please. Only control YOUR character.
~ No bunnying unless otherwise permitted. Only bunny if the other player says if it's ok. If you bunny someone without permission, you will be warned.
~ All Roleplay Corner rules apply to this roleplay. Any rulebreakers will be reported to Skymin.
~ This roleplay is rated T for some violence. Limit romance to PG-13 standards, and please do not write about blood or gore. Some of you will be using swords, guns, or knives, so please keep those elements to PG-13 standards.

Roleplay-Specific Rules/Modifications
Spoiler:

Name:
Nationality: (This is basically your "Hometown" field. As you come from any of the six continents, and from a NintendoFest, state the nationality of where you were kidnapped from. For example, if you were kidnapped from the US, state "American.")

Character: (choose a character from the list above)
Differences: (This is mainly your "appearence" field. Since you are a human cosplaying as a Super Smash Bros character, it's possible that you may not have the same eye color as the character you are as, or the same hair color. if you have any changes to the cosplaying character (ex: black-haired Zero Suit Samus, or Link with a pink suit, or Ness/Lucas who's taller than the original) please state them here. Otherwise, you can simply explain what your character is wearing.)

Roleplay Sample: (This field will determine your personality. It's your first week at the Island and you are confused at why you arrived at Augustine Island. All of the sudden, Cammy, out of nowhere, suddenly pops up in front of you to explain what the Island is and why she rescued you from your kidnapper. During that time, you gain the same exact powers as the Super Smash Bros character you were dressed as. This is where you write about how you acquired those powers, and put them to good use...as well as your determination to save the Island. (be as detailed as possible!))

The Captive Cosplayers ★

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Hmm... Well this is rather ideal! I don't think I can resist this. I'd like to reserve Princess Peach, please, as I'm about to head out for an hour or two and would rather not get ninja'd. |D

Two questions. Forgive me if this is a dumb question but--Why do people not remove their 'cosplays'? Is there something preventing them? Also, in the differences field. You want 2 paragraphs of text regardless of whether there are any differences or not? (Am I understanding that right?) If so, is it just acceptable to just describe your character normally in the absence of differences? (Or when there are too little differences to justify 20 'lines', which is going to be painful on this 1920 wide screen.) Figured I'd just hope to have that cleared up before I started.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
I'd like to reserve Samus Aran in Power Suit, please. ^_^

Might I just say how impressed I am that you've managed to turn a fighting game into an actual plot? 'Cause I am.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
I'd like to reserve Toon Link and I will post my SU within a day.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Well, I'd like to be reserved, but I won't be on a computer until monday.

Also, if I /really/ can't reason with you on making a Banjo-Kazooie character (Which I'm still hoping I can), then I'd like to reserve a Lucas character.

Thpugh... A Lucas cosplay? That would literally be regular clothes; if possible I'd rather not have this character look much like Lucas.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hmm... Well this is rather ideal! I don't think I can resist this. I'd like to reserve Princess Peach, please, as I'm about to head out for an hour or two and would rather not get ninja'd. |D

Two questions. Forgive me if this is a dumb question but--Why do people not remove their 'cosplays'? Is there something preventing them? Also, in the differences field. You want 2 paragraphs of text regardless of whether there are any differences or not? (Am I understanding that right?) If so, is it just acceptable to just describe your character normally in the absence of differences? (Or when there are too little differences to justify 20 'lines', which is going to be painful on this 1920 wide screen.) Figured I'd just hope to have that cleared up before I started.

For your first question, they were *recently* captured, but managed to escape from their kidnapping enemies. the roleplay will start a few hours after your character had been kidnapped, so there was time for Cammy to have given your character Princess Peach's powers beforehand...which is where your roleplay sample comes in.

For the differences field. You have the option to customize your character as if you're playing a different colored Princess Peach. Like for example, you can have brown eyes, red hair, and dark colored skin. If you want to describe your character normally, then I don't have a problem with that. :D Go right on ahead. :) I'll go make that tiny edit.

In the meantime, Princess Peach has been reserved. You have 48 hours after this post to get your SU done. :)

I'd like to reserve Samus Aran in Power Suit, please. ^_^

Might I just say how impressed I am that you've managed to turn a fighting game into an actual plot? 'Cause I am.

Hah, thank you! I will say that I worked extremely hard on this, especially in between my final exams! I always wanted to make this happen :D

Power Suit (Original) Samus has been reserved. Just remember that whenever she uses her final smash, she'll lose her suit and becomes Zero Suit in the roleplay. She'll gain that ability in the roleplay.

I'd like to reserve Toon Link and I will post my SU within a day.

Toon Link has been reserved! You have 48 hours from the posting time to submit your SU :)

Well, I'd like to be reserved, but I won't be on a computer until monday.

Also, if I /really/ can't reason with you on making a Banjo-Kazooie character (Which I'm still hoping I can), then I'd like to reserve a Lucas character.

Thpugh... A Lucas cosplay? That would literally be regular clothes; if possible I'd rather not have this character look much like Lucas.

Unfortunately I can't. You have to choose one character from the list I provided. I'd be happy to reserve Lucas for you.

You can customize Lucas if you want. You can change the color of the stripes on his shirt, or change the color of his hairstyle, but be sure you keep his clothing style. lol

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Well, damn. Despite having a ton of stuff to do myself, this is just one of those RPs I can't pass up. I guess I'll be writing an SU XD

Dibs on Lucario! Although I plan to finish my SU in about... 30 minutes, so I don't think there's a need to reserve :P

P.S. In the introductional post, it says that we were shipped off, two people in each box, so I'm wondering how I should get that into my sample post, since that has to do with the arrival at the island. I figure we can always change it later, and I don't want to force anyone to have been in the same box as me xP

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Really liking the turnout so far~! I am more than happy to increase the player count to 12 if demand arises, as well as I am thinking of making a character myself that is, if Pikachu isn't taken lol. So if anyone else would like to join, do so! :) Looking forward to reading everyone's SUs.

P.S. In the introductional post, it says that we were shipped off, two people in each box, so I'm wondering how I should get that into my sample post, since that has to do with the arrival at the island. I figure we can always change it later, and I don't want to force anyone to have been in the same box as me xP

There's no need to start off when you were shipped off and in the box. Your roleplay sample can start when your character starts wandering off the island and Cammy will immediately pop up in front of you to explain what's going on in the island. During that, she'll give your Lucario character his powers.

Speaking of Lucario, he has been reserved. Although I added you on the list earlier before I left to the store real quick, but after this you have 48 hours! ^_^

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Oh yeah, I understand that, but in the introductional post, it mentions people being shipped off in boxes 2-and-2, and I was wondering how I'd go about that in the RP itself. My character wouldn't just leave whoever else was in the box if they were unconcious or the like. Here, let me find where in the text it said it...

"They were boxed, tied up, and were taken to Augustine Island. Not all of the boxes (with two humans each) made it to the lair of Insane."

So I'm really just confused whether or not to wait with writing the entirety of my sample until I've found someone to be in a box with and looking for clarification. xP

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Ahh yes...i knew i was forgetting something when i submitted this! I meant to write 1 person per box rather than 2, because like you said that would require to wait for others. When the roleplay begins, you'll have the option to interact.

So yeah, you'd be coming to the island alone in the box rather than with someone else.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Annnnnnnd here's my SU! If it's not good enough or something's missing, be sure to tell me :)

And a second question: I'm guessing once we travel around the island, we should just make up every now and again having to fight the minions of the main baddies? Like Pokémon, Goombas and... uh, whatever stuff Ganondorf usually throws at you, as well as Waddle-dees? Or is combat reserved for when the GM throws stuff at us?

Name: Allan Larsen

Nationality: Danish

Character: Lucario

Differences: Allan had decided to dress up as Lucario on that most fateful day. He had been preparing the costume for about a year, and he'd put his heart and soul into creating it. The gloves were actually attached to the vest, which was made almost entirely out of fur to give a more realistic look to it.

The same with the pants, which had also been made of a very fur-like material, but wouldn't inhibit movement. He had coloured his hair blue and worn a soft of 'mask' over his eyes, with the ends of them trailing down his back. The feet were a sort of leggings-material, but with something sowed on the inside to make sure he could keep warm, not to mention the foot-part of the leggings, having been turned into what's more or less shoes.

Picture for easy reference: http://bluestraggler.deviantart.com/art/gijinka-Lucario-83157265

Roleplay Sample: Allan slowly opened his eyes and blinked up towards the bright light covering the bright blue above him. After a few moments of lying still and getting used to the light, he realized he was looking at the sky, with the sun hovering high up in the air, making it around noon.
He blinked a few times as he continued to lay still, trying to figure out what the heck was going on, and as his brain slowly began cranking up, he suddenly sat up with a start, his eyes wide as he remembered what had happened.

He'd been kidnapped while at a convention while dressed up as Lucario… by Mewtwo, no less! Shaking his head, he tried to convince himself that it had been a dream, but the undeniable fact that he was sitting in the sand, on a beach, surrounded by broken bits of crate and some slacked ropes having somehow been cut off of him, made him think that it might not have been as far-fetched as he thought.

Taking a moment to raise his glove-covered hands, he rubbed his eyes, groaning slightly as he pushed himself to a stand, looking around the tropical beach with wide eyes, unsure of where he were, or what he was going to do.

Just as he was trying to take everything that had happened in and make a plan for himself, a figure, somewhat larger than himself, though not by a lot, landed firmly in front of him as if shot out of the sky, sending sand scattering around it.

Allan let out a yelp of surprise and shock as he stumbled backwards, flailing his arms as he landed firmly on his rear, his eyes wide and his heart thumping in his chest as he stared up at the beautiful white dragon-humanoid standing in front of him, as she folded her wings and looked him over with a kind smile.

"I am Camelia. I don't have a lot of time, so please listen closely. My brother, Insane, was the one who sent those beings to kidnap you and others like you, and only thanks to my skills and a bit of luck were I able to rescue you and some of the others. He's planning something horrible, and I cannot deal with him alone."

She gestured to the large forest further inland from the beach they were on.
"This is Augustine Island, and my brother is hidden somewhere here. He has an army of evil beings at his disposal, and it wouldn't be fair to ask you to aid me without giving you the means to deal with them. Once I leave, I will give you powers equal to that of the character you are dressed as. I know this is a lot to take in, and I'm sorry that I cannot help more, but if I stay here too long, my brother will find me. Please, help me and the others like you save the world."

With that, she reached out and touched Allan's forehead, a bright flash of light emitting from her hand, without it actually blinding him. After a moment, she gave a worried, yet kind and hopeful smile before spreading her wings and taking off with a whispered "Good luck" riding on the winds.
Allan had been sitting on the sandy beach, staring in awe at the dragoness, and he still was. His mouth was hanging open and it took him several moments to register what had happened and he slowly shook his head, coming to a shaky stand. He looked up, trying to locate her flying figure, but she was long gone.

"… Holy ****. What've I gotten dragged into…?"

He looked down at his hands for a long moment before furrowing his brows. He felt something. He felt an… energy within himself, and he was fairly sure that this was what Camelia had talked about. Tryingly, he raised his right hand, aiming it at a spot on the sand, his eyes narrowing as he focused said energy, and suddenly, a blast of dark-blue energy emitted from it, blowing a shallow hole in the sand.

"Whoa! I… guess I really do have the powers of a Lucario."
He shook his hand a little, as if expecting to feel the blast to have hurt his hand, but it didn't seem to have affected him that much, though he was sure that if he used a move like that too much, it'd drain his energy. Or at least hurt him in the long run.

With this new information in mind, he turned to the forest, taking a deep breath as he looked down over himself once more before heading forwards, towards the forest. The first thing he should do was to make sure he was going to be able to live, and the second thing was to locate more survivors. He knew they were out there, and he wasn't just going to sit around and hope for rescue, despite the tinge of fear residing within him.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Oooohhhhhh this sounds like fun :D I'd like to reserve a spot for Mario (Regular Mario)

I'll have my SU in sometime tomorrow hopefully.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Annnnnnnd here's my SU! If it's not good enough or something's missing, be sure to tell me :)

And a second question: I'm guessing once we travel around the island, we should just make up every now and again having to fight the minions of the main baddies? Like Pokémon, Goombas and... uh, whatever stuff Ganondorf usually throws at you, as well as Waddle-dees? Or is combat reserved for when the GM throws stuff at us?

Spoiler:

I will let you know which monsters will appear at the first IC post (and every IC post), and you are more than welcome to add your own too. You can also control how many you want them to appear, either just one, or a swarm if you prefer to go for action. :)

Also, congratulations! Allan Larsen the Lucario captive is accepted! Honestly, I enjoyed reading your sample. Allan shall be one interesting character~

Oooohhhhhh this sounds like fun :D I'd like to reserve a spot for Mario (Regular Mario)

I'll have my SU in sometime tomorrow hopefully.

HAY MEGAMAN! Of course you can reserve Mario! 48 hours after this post k!

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Name: Dane Cordes

Nationality: American

Character: Mario (Regular)

Differences: Mario was a fairly easy costume to make of course, as he didn't expect that he'd be the only Mario at the convention. One difference of course is that he isn't as short as the real Mario but of course taller, going by about 5'8 height. He managed to replicate Mario's attire fairly accurately using a Mario hat Replica gained from a Club Nintendo premium reward a couple years back, and used blue jean overalls and a long red shirt, as well as brown boots and white gloves. He was able to get his look fairly accurately minus the height and the nose. He uses a fake mustache as well to fit Mario signature facial hair. In his back pocket he also carried around a Plush fire flower and a Starman in case he wanted to do run around the convention as if he were invincible for a short period, for fun of course. Dane even managed to get a pretty good Mario impression down as well. He also has a badge on his overalls for Nintendo fest as well.

Not much else can be said for his looks as Mario, he looks as close to the real thing as he could possibly think of. Another difference would be that he has slightly longer hair then Mario and that its colored black. Dane's skin is also a slightly darker shade of tan then Mario's.

Roleplay Sample: Dane was slowly beginning to awaken... as he started to regain his consciousness, he was noticed he could hear water rushing by... when he got up, he noticed that he was still in costume. He seemed to by a river, fairly close to the beach as well. He was beside a large broken crate, along with some pieces of rope. Dane took off his Mario hat and rubbed his head, trying to think about what had just happened to him. He recalled he was at Nintendofest... dressed as Mario. He was having the time of his life and made for an entertaining Mario cosplay keeping in character throughout the entire day. He ran into what he assumed was a Bowser cosplay eventually... it was spot on too! He asked the Bowser cosplayer to possibly do something with him... after that, it was dark. He remembered being tied up for a moment but anything after that was a blank. He had no idea where he was at...

"Wha-" Dane stopped for a moment. He was almost about to talk to himself with his Mario voice. He coughed and went out of character. "Where in the world am I..." Dane wondered. He did his best to regain his composure. Maybe he was just thrown out of the convention for rough housing... though this might have been kind of harsh treatment... no something else was going on, and Dane was on the verge of freaking out.

When Dane began observing his surroundings, he noticed beside him was a white dragon humanoid creature. It caused him to scream and fall right on his back. He backed up quickly and nervously. How could a cosplayer make this look so real! She was flying too!

"I don't have much time as others need my help. My name is Camella. My brother, insane, sent those creatures to kidnap you and several others to bring to this island. I don't know what his purpose was but I fear for the worst. I'll need all of your help dealing with him." She said.

"W-wait, me? Help? I may look like THE Super Mario but I'm not the real thing! I doubt I'd be much help!" Dane insisted. Camella nodded and held her hand toward Dane emitting a bright light toward him. Dane didn't feel much different from it though... he had no idea what had just happened.

"I have just given you the abilities of your character, Mario in this case. You will be as athletic as the real thing. You are currently on Augustine Island, where my brother's hideout is currently located. I'm sorry but I must help the others, make use of your powers and please, assist me in saving the world." She said. Without a word she quickly flew off.

"Ah! Hang on!" Dane called out. But she was gone. "Abilities of my character...?" He wondered.

"If I have the abilities of Mario... then..." Dane quickly ran forward and jumped with all his might. He ended up jumping much higher then usual! And landing perfectly as if he had trained to move like this his whole life! He tried to think of other abilities Mario might have... He proceeded to jump once more, then a second time, only slightly higher, then with his third jump, he performed a somersault and landed right on his feet. He indeed had the athletic abilities of Mario!

"This is... I can't believe it! I'm doing all of these tricks as if I've done this for years! There's gotta be more..." Dane continued to practice Mario's different moves. Back flips, the Mario Tornado, and even manged to throw a fireball! Even though Dane was stranded on an island, it felt like the best day of his life! He literally was Mario!

"Saving the world she said...? Ha! That'll be a breeze! I'm Mario! Mario always saves the day in the end! Whatever they throw at me, I'll take out easily!" Dane said, extremely overconfident with his new athletic abilities. The only problem though... where was he going to start? At the moment, his abilities were all he had. He didn't have a change of clothes, food, or anything of the sort. Well... he didn't have anything to lose... so all he had to do was march forward into the forest. He started by following the river to see where it might lead him...

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Dane Cordes, the Mario captive has been accepted! Great SU! :)

aaaaand Pit has been reserved! You gotz 48 hours!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Am I the only one who keeps thinking of the Street Fighter character when they read "Cammy"? :v

Also, I gots an SU. :3
~

Name: Nicole "Mimi" Caine

Nationality: American

Character: Samus Aran (Power Suit/Original)

Differences: Mimi's costume is one of the most difficult to make well, but bands have always been known for going all out, and this was no different. Because her performances in her local community, along with the rest of her band, were often done for charity, they were able to make a fundraiser for her cosplay. With the raised money, they hired somebody who would know what they were doing and created the "power suit" out of leather, colored with metallic paint with a few LEDs wired through and a simple cooling system so she won't get a heat stroke.

To have more room to breathe, there is an attachment to the side of the suit for Mimi to attach the helmet too. Her hair is naturally blonde, but the tips of her bangs and the rest of her hair are dyed pink. To make the lengthy locks, that she refuses to cut fit, into the helmet, it has been put into a ponytail that sticks out of the power suit's helmet. There were wishes, from Mimi, to change the arm cannon into a guitar, but she eventually settled for just having her nickname inscribed on it.

Roleplay Sample: A dull pain ran through each of Mimi's muscles, like the flat of a knife being dragged across wood. It was a feeling normally reserved for waking up after a particularly exhausting gig, when she'd been dancing across the stage while her fingers danced across the strings in a way that left them stuck in that shape for a few days. Although the young woman could feel a ground beneath her back, there was a numb barrier between her and it.

She let out a groan as she tried to wriggle her fingers, and was surprised to find that her throat wasn't destroyed by a night of singing, but one of her hands felt restricted, as though it had been stuck in a long tube. Worry struck next, because her last memories weren't anything like what they should have been, if this was just a hangover; they were clear, instead of blurs that passed through a haze of running water. The thing that stopped her arms from moving were bindings of some sort; not exhaustion.

Just as the young woman was about to scream in frustration, there was a clicking of straps immediately beside her, followed by the removal of the helmet that had given her gaze a tint. Standing over her, holding a suspiciously similar helmet, was a jagged, scaled face whose eyes seemed to look into hers with a mixture of curiosity and pity. Its equivalent of lips pulled back as if to speak, revealing the rows of wicked teeth beneath. So the young woman screamed.

"Hush." The feminine voice rasped to the terrified captive, as she placed the helmet on warm sand and knelt briefly. Mimi feared what this creature would do next, as she brandished a sharp claw that hovered over Mimi's body, before slicing through the ropes that restrained her movement. "This beach is the only safe place, for now, but it will no longer be if you continue screaming. I have little time, but know that monsters lurk this island; not necessarily in flesh, but their minds are such."

With the freedom of being helmet-less, Mimi took the chance to get a closer look at the draconic woman who now stood over in a strange mimicry of glory. Her scales were bathed in soft ivory that seemed to glow in the sun's embrace, and covered her body from crested head to claws toe. With them came a pair of golden wings that were folded behind the woman's back. Mimi had seen enough imagery of heaven and hell to notice that this woman resembled the atypical angel.

"My name is Camelia, and this is my brother's island; it was he who filled it with eldritch beings. Allow me to return the favor." Before Mimi could protest or utter anything, Cammy's fingers drifted in the air, and there was a sudden pressure inside the costume Mimi had been wearing since first arriving at the convention, before she'd blacked out. The plates of her suit seemed to reach out to her skin like a grabby lover. "If you know your character, all will be clear, soon." She spoke soothingly.

Mimi's snarky thoughts that she obviously knew the character she spent so much money to dress up as were taken away, as the suit's claws worked its way through her biology like blood through her very veins. As she tried to get to her feet, past the pains of bonding, she felt her mind adjusting along with the rest of her body to accommodate the changes that this magic was forcing onto her. Time passed slowly for just a moment before her helmet re-materialized, and the teen regained control of her body. Standing on the sand, Mimi felt far more stable than usual.

As Mimi attempted to regain her composure, Camelia looked over her approvingly and gave a sharp nod. "I trust you know what to do next; welcome to Augustine island." With those brief parting words, the strange woman leaped into the air and, with a push of her majestic wings, dashed off along the bank of golden sand. Inside Mimi's HUD, the computer that bonded with her tracked the dragon until she was too far away to identify. And, for the first time since she could remember, Mimi felt alone.

Of course, she realized that she'd gained the abilities of Samus. The energy that coursed through her limbs, the strange feeling of balance even though she was merely standing, and the low humming of the cannon on her arm let the young woman know all of this. What to do with it, she couldn't say. What this island represented, she didn't know either. But, there were meant to be monsters. That's what Camelia had told her, and if Mimi had anything, it was the urge to ruin somebody's day.

With a glance across the island she could see, Mimi stalked towards where the river met the forest. Those trees would be ideal for hit and run with her new flexibility....

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
SSB, huh? I'll give this a shot, yes. May I reserve Ness? I'll have my SU up in a while~

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back