• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Manga Vs Anime

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
Please, I just have to say no flaming or you will be expelled from this thread. I'll see to it that you will.

Which one do you think is totally better? Pok?mon Special Vs Pok?mon Anime?

If you want the Honest truth (or well..my opinion) Pok?mon Special is the utmost superior to the Anime. Better Plot, better Pok?mon (Attacks, teams..the works) and wonderful tactics. Also they replace Characters in each series (which they should have done in the Anime) and it follows the video games ^_^

RoxasOld

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 29, 2006
I like Pokemon Special more for the same reasons as you, Dizzy. It's wy cooler. XD

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Pokemon Special for me too. It's something thats for someone looking for a more mature story and better battles.

Shana

bigmouth strikes again.
Years
I never read the manga, so it wouldn't be fair for me to judge, but I guess I should read it some time...

Years
Pokemon Special...all...the...way...
^_^
If you want me to explain why Pokemon Special rocks, it would take me a lot of time...XD

EDIT: Okay, I'm going to explain how manga is better (in my opinion)

The plot of the manga isn't recycled. It doesn't repeat over and over again like some Pokemon Anime Seasons. The characters are very colorful and they are anything but predictable. Characters such as Red mature quickly. The manga characters' personalities are very colorful. One example is Blue, a sassy, shrewd girl who first resorts in stealing and ripping off trainers. Another, is Yellow who is a girl in disguise as a boy. Shy and cheerful is best to describe Yellow.

The antagonist in the manga don't bumble in every chapter or blast off every time. The antagonists are actually evil. The Team Rocket Executives are actually evil, bent on killing anyone in their way. Plus, the twists of having half of the gym leaders siding with Team Rocket is a pretty neat plot.

In Hoenn, the fact that the gym leaders are split between Aqua and Magma (except Norman, Liz, and Tate), defines creativity. You'd have to imagine the Gym Leaders meeting each other and realize that their organizations are rivals.

Ah...too tired to think of more...there are lots of things...but that should be enough...

Last edited:

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
oni flygon said:
Pokemon Special...all...the...way...
^_^
If you want me to explain why Pokemon Special rocks, it would take me a lot of time...XD

EDIT: Okay, I'm going to explain how manga is better (in my opinion)

The plot of the manga isn't recycled. It doesn't repeat over and over again like some Pokemon Anime Seasons. The characters are very colorful and they are anything but predictable. Characters such as Red mature quickly. The manga characters' personalities are very colorful. One example is Blue, a sassy, shrewd girl who first resorts in stealing and ripping off trainers. Another, is Yellow who is a girl in disguise as a boy. Shy and cheerful is best to describe Yellow.

The antagonist in the manga don't bumble in every chapter or blast off every time. The antagonists are actually evil. The Team Rocket Executives are actually evil, bent on killing anyone in their way. Plus, the twists of having half of the gym leaders siding with Team Rocket is a pretty neat plot.

In Hoenn, the fact that the gym leaders are split between Aqua and Magma (except Norman, Liz, and Tate), defines creativity. You'd have to imagine the Gym Leaders meeting each other and realize that their organizations are rivals.

Ah...too tired to think of more...there are lots of things...but that should be enough...

Where you ended, I'll add more ^_^

The Characters are way more developed than in the Anime. You don't know how the character's turn out when you first read about them, it unfolds.

I'll think of more later too ^_^

Sakura and Espeon

Hates being hacked. ;-;
Years
Manga has more detail because it requires you to read and understand what happening in the story. It's more dramatic and mature than the Anime. Anime is just a show that you can understand the story more easily because it doesn't require any reading, but the anime(some) is suited for younger children. IMO, Magnas or Comics are better. ^_^

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Heres another reason to like it...it acutally continues from prevouis chapters so if you miss one chapter your kinda messed up...where as the anime is like that every now and then.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
Anime is harder to keep track than manga, Everytime I read a new chapter in the Manga, I usually right a summary about it. Manga tends to move faster, and better to understand.

Splashing Mew

PC's Poet Laureate
Years
I've never read the manga but I've seen scans of it and it is without a doubt better than the anime (well at least the dubbed) The dubbed anime doesn't make any sense to me so I prefer the manga.

~Splash

Back