• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stillwater surfing

Years
  • Age 12
  • Seen May 11, 2015
I'm able to start surfing on still water (Terrain tag 6), unless I'm facing up.

RSq2A.png

The red arrows are the side I can't surf onto the water from. Any other side works fine.

I've looked at the example maps, and I still can't figure out why I can't surf on this map, but I can in the examples. I'm using the same tileset as the example maps. To be specific, I'm using Route 2 as comparison.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Which tile is that? There's multiple version's of the tile, some of them are used as a mountain edge, the others are used for a water's edge.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
In layer 3 there is an invisible tile over those tiles (scroll up just a bit in the tileset and you'll see one labelled "Free pass"). This overrides the passability of that clifftop tile, and allows the player to surf north off it or walk north onto a bridge from it.

Back