• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Namco ★ Club~

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

T h e ★ T a l e s ★ o f ★ N a m c o ★ Club

65a08a484ba9b5e520413e7.jpg

Introduction

HEY YOU, YES YOU. Are you a fan of the Tales games brought to us part by Namco? That includes games like Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Vesperia, Tales of Abyss, Tales of Destiny, Tales of Phanatasia, and so on, and so on. Well, if you're a fan, come right in! We talk and discuss about all things "Tales of" related -- that includes skits, your favourite mystic artes, those characters that you'd like to STRANGLE (stares at Mohs), and a lot more.

Is this your first time hearing about these games, and wanna learn more? No problem! Step right in anyway; we'd love to welcome you with big open arms and hugs, as you can learn all about these games. Questions about anything are indeed welcome here, as well as clarification about things you'd like to get cleared up.

So yeah, your free to talk about the characters, the artes, the magics, the bosses, or any moundo you want from these games! So stay a while; Raine will cook the food--

No wait...bad idea.

Rules:

• Follow all standard PC rules. You're not banned, so that's a good sign that you've been following the rules, yeah?
  • Be polite. There's a person with feelings on the other side of the screen. Speculation in particular is a subject that may raise arguments, which is completely fine, as long as nobody crosses the line.
  • Stay on topic. Only create new topics when the situation is fitting; completely ignoring an active, ongoing topic may and probably will come off as impolite. Not to say that we can't have several topics going on at the same time.
  • Put spoilers in spoiler tags. There may be members who have not yet played certain games, so they wouldn't know the full story. So please, for courtesy sake, please put spoilers in
    Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Hweel~! (Kudos to anyone who knows where that came from :P)

I wanna join! I've only played 3 Tales game (one of which I never finished.. XP), but I've been a BIG fan ever since I played the first one, which was Tales of Phantasia, because I simply LOVE the LMBS. ^^

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
Years
You know I need to join this. <3
It's been feeling kind of empty here since the last one died. ):

I've played about five Tales games myself: Symphonia, Symphonia: DotNW/KoR, Vesperia, Phantasia, and Legendia. I never did finish Phantasia and Legendia, but I got pretty far and I plan to complete them soon. :D

Years
Thanks! ^^
btw, that Eggbear from your user title, is that from Eternia? XD

Uhh, for me, my favorite game is Tales of Eternia, but that's because I've only played three (Phantasia, Destiny, Eternia). I got bored with Destiny halfway (XP) so I didn't finish that one. Though, I've seen Mystic Arte videos from a lot of games, and I must say I love a LOT of them. IIRC one of my favorites is Rita's Mystic Arte from ToV (Ancient Catastrophe). It's flashy ^^

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
You know I need to join this. <3
It's been feeling kind of empty here since the last one died. ):

I've played about five Tales games myself: Symphonia, Symphonia: DotNW/KoR, Vesperia, Phantasia, and Legendia. I never did finish Phantasia and Legendia, but I got pretty far and I plan to complete them soon. :D

I've put you in; welcome. <3
I never finished Symphonia 1. D=

I dunno; Yaggarsill kicks ass in Maina mode. ;-;

Thanks! ^^
btw, that Eggbear from your user title, is that from Eternia? XD

Uhh, for me, my favorite game is Tales of Eternia, but that's because I've only played three (Phantasia, Destiny, Eternia). I got bored with Destiny halfway (XP) so I didn't finish that one. Though, I've seen Mystic Arte videos from a lot of games, and I must say I love a LOT of them. IIRC one of my favorites is Rita's Mystic Arte from ToV (Ancient Catastrophe). It's flashy ^^

Oh, its from Vesperia; when you meet Karol.

Spoiler:

My favourite MA is Yuri's. =D
Though it may cause seizures. @-@

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm not sticking around if Raine is cooking.

nah, I kid. While I have only completely three of the Tales of Games (Symphonia, DOTNW, and Abyss) I love the series. My favorite would have to be Symphonia though, and I will forever say that it 1. needs a remake with the newer battle system and the PS2 extras and 2. needs a prequel with the Four Seraphim.

Anyways, my favorite Hi-Ougi would honestly have to be Genis' from DOTNW. While I think the game could have been so much better, I just simply love how he uses Indignation in that game, and how he says it in the English version is just... amazing, considering the general voice acting in that game.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
She's Cookied Chocolate covered Noodles tonight! D=

I love Genis's MA. ^-^
And his voice acting; cause his voice got alittle deeper and grew 16th of an inch! <3
Symphonia 2 was okay; it was just the story was a little iffy. (<--- Also hates Marta)
I also love Decus's and Alice's voice acting too. :3

Rita from Tales of Vesperia has the same MA as Genis's, buts its only in the Japenese version in PS3. The characters have 2 MA's.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm hiding!

Yeah. When it came to the Voice Acting of DOTNW for the original Symphonia characters, I would have say that I liked Genis' the most. It matched how he grew in the past two years and weird to say but I was even slightly disappointed in Colette's and Presea's acting, despite having the same Voice Actresses for the two games (love their voices in the first game).
Symphonia 2 could have been so much better to say the least. I did like Alice and Decus though.

I'm only played a little Vesperia, and (while I may be shot for it) I didn't think too much of it. Maybe the greatness isn't until further in, or maybe my friend just spazzed about it so much I was playing it just to check it out. I'm not quite sure.

Stellar

Years
Oh, its from Vesperia; when you meet Karol.
Arguably one of the funniest scenes in the entire game. I love Yuri's impression of it. x3

My favorite Mystic Arte is Devil's Hellfire + Ain Soph Aur from DotNW. That evil laugh is just... nnnnngh. <3 I love how it references a turning point in the game's storyline, especially when you use it against a certain boss character.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Sadly, a lot of Tales games didn't get an English release. Hoping the newest game in development (for the PS3) does make it outside Japan. You never know with Namco Bandai though. :/

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Tales of Unitia is supposedly the title for the new game for the PS3.

Yeah, I definitely would have bought the PS3 version of Vesperia. Never was a fan of Flynn but Patty looked like sweet character. :D As for Graces, well, disappointed that didn't make outside of Japan either. :/ Looks really good.

Stellar

Years
And I was hoping they'd release tales of graces~
At least we can look forward to a European release, I think... last I heard it was being released there and not in the US, which sucks for me. I dunno though, it's been a while so they might've just given it the axe. Hopefully it'll at least hit Europe and I'll be able to import it~

I'm only played a little Vesperia, and (while I may be shot for it) I didn't think too much of it. Maybe the greatness isn't until further in, or maybe my friend just spazzed about it so much I was playing it just to check it out. I'm not quite sure.
Even having played the game myself, I kind of have to agree with you. It was really nice and flashy, but... that's all it was. Pretty characters with pretty personalities who you can fangirl/boy over, but nothing really any deeper than that to stay with you. :/

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
How long has this been here. /never checks OCl

You also forgot about Arche and her cooking skills :<

/because I can

65a08a484ba9b5e520413e7.jpg

OK, so yeah. I haven't beat any Tales games yet, own four (Symphonia, DotNW, Phantasia, and Radiant Mythology), know plenty of spoilers (namely for Symphonia, some for Abyss), and love Lloyd (hate his newer American VA though). Love Symphonia too, by the way, though I also like Radiant Mythology and Phantasia.

And favorite skit... The one in Radiant Mythology where Chester and Lloyd earn the "Despicable Lech" gag titles :D /since I don't believe you can change titles other than your character's title in RM

...So I can join right.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Yeah, you can. ^.^

Ooohhh man I forgot about Arche. ;-; I wonder how Kratos feels. D=

I haven't played
Radiant Mythology all THAT much but yeah, I hated Llyods voice too kinda. ;-;

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Since I can't own multiple TV consoles (though we still have the Gamecube), Radiant Mythology allows me to get to know some of the characters from other series. Also, Raine and Arche can just give their cooking to Reid, since he's like a human garbage can |D

Lloyd's original American VA = forever win. His original VA is also win /and not just because he also voices Kamina and Laxus

And Tales of the Abyss coming out for the 3DS makes me sad because I don't really want a 3DS. /plus they're gonna be expensive

By the way you need to add Peaches to the members list too.

Back