• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon ThunderYellow

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2006
thunderyellowlogotranspar1nh.png
Explore the Entire World and Catch 'em All!

Story: This is a game that's being developed in RPG Maker XP. The player starts out by oversleeping... and on the day which he's supposed to get his first Pok?mon, too! So you hastily get dressed, run over to Professor Oak's lab, and find out that all the Pok?balls are empty! Taking pity on you, he gives you a recently-caught Pikachu in place of the starter you would've normally gotten, as well as some Pok?balls and a Pok?dex. With that, you set off on your journey: to become a Master!

Various people will challenge you along the way, even Team Rocket. You'll make many friends and many more enemies in your quest. It's up to you what each person you meet will turn out to be!

Progress: Coming along slowly. Maps are complete for Pallet Town, Route 1 and Route 2 in Kanto, and New Bark Town and Route 29 in Johto. Tilesets keep coming in, but the major setback is the lack of an appropriate interior tileset. A battle system still isn't complete (a friend of mine is developing two versions; the first will not include the Nature system, but the second will).

Needs: FR/LG-style sprites for Jesse, James, Butch, Cassidy and "Domino"/Black Tulip. Fully animated overworld sprite for Pikachu. Interior tileset for every region. Pok?mon voice clips (each one saying their name, should be clear; need one with them at full health, and one for when they faint).

Contact me at [email protected]. MSN is [email protected].

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I'm guessing this is a remake of yellow. Sounds intresting. But you need at least one in-game screenshot to keep this thread open, or a mod will close.

Omega Latios

Whhheeee... *shot'd*
Years
Will There Be Some New Pokemon? Oh And I Like The Idea ^^ This Is Going To Be A Cool Game.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2006
Ultimate Latios said:
Will There Be Some New Pokemon? Oh And I Like The Idea ^^ This Is Going To Be A Cool Game.
Nope, sticking with the current 386.

Oh, most of the Legendaries won't be so Legendary. For Pok?mon such as Lugia and the original three Legendary Birds, they'll be knocked down to "really freakin' rare" status.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
wow that ash overworld sprite looks really great is this game going to include places from the anime?

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2006
I'm hoping I can put some of the places from the anime in. That's why I plan to include the (inhabited) Whirl Islands and the Orange Islands.

Years
this looks promising I've always wanted to see a game like this I could do some sprites for ya if you wanted

Years
This sure looks just so cool! I'm looking forword the first beta. I think: Since this is the anime version in a video games (like I can see at least) you should not include catshing of the legendary ones and the hero should catch Pokemon that Ash have. ;) If I'm right about the anime thing I think you should think about what I said :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2006
Ash_Pokemaster said:
This sure looks just so cool! I'm looking forword the first beta. I think: Since this is the anime version in a video games (like I can see at least) you should not include catshing of the legendary ones and the hero should catch Pokemon that Ash have. ;) If I'm right about the anime thing I think you should think about what I said :)
Sorry to disappoint, but it wouldn't be a true Pok?mon game without the ability to catch any Pok?mon. It'd make everything dull and predictable.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2006
-kicks his computer- Stupid Windows. I've lost my project.

The resource files are intact, though. So it will live to see another day!

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
Years
Seems very, very interesting. Of course, I can't play it (my computer doesn't allow it, stupid computer!) but if you are basing it off the anime, maybe it would be cool if you had characters, such as Brock and Misty, follow you around.

Good Luck.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2006
Yeah, they'll play such a role. I mean, if I'm going to have Jesse & James constantly challenging you after you go to leave each city and major landmark, I kind-of have to!

Brock gets you access to rough tidbits of information about top trainers and Gym Leaders, as well as tips for caring for your Pok?mon (in more advanced ways). Misty will be following you because you owe her a bike (well duh!), but will also get you access to information about each city/town and the most well-known people there.

Once you get to the Orange Islands, Tracey will take over for Brock (as for those of you who follow the anime, he finds a certain Professor and wants to stay with them...) and provide tips on caring for your Pok?mon, and will provide info on the Orange League.

When you access Hoenn, you'll have May and Max replace Misty and Brock. May will know about the region and will also grant you access to Pok?mon Contests, which will be the only real reason to train her Pok?mon. Max gets you the inside scoop on various important aspects of each area, such as what Pok?mon you can encounter and how much of a threat they are.

Yes, this will get you new menu options, such as "Talk w/ May" and "Talk w/ Brock". It's the best way to implement them.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2006
Too good to be finished?!?! What do you mean by that? lol!

Yeah, it'll take a while to complete. As it stands right now, I lose at least two months I could spend on working on this game, due to my shipping out to Navy basic training on this coming Tuesday.

Rest assured, by then I will have posted an accurate portrayal of my progress on the game, as well as the resources (interior tilesets) that I've made for this game. This game will not die out due to lack of work!

But yeah, here's a progress update: I've completed the interior tilesets for the Pok?mon Center and the Pok?mart, as well as the base maps for them. So I guess that's a good thing.

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
this game is going to be ace buti have 3 questions
1 why now have brock in hoenn as well as he is there in the anime
2 will the palces/events from the movies be in this
3 as you seem to be trying to bace this on the anime are you going to have the elite 4 or pokemon league

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2006
1) Duh! I forgot! He'll be there!
2) Possibly. If I can implement them after I put in the base areas, then yeah.
3) Going to go with the Pok?mon League instead of the Elite Four. They're pretty much overdone anyway.

Back