The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Progressing Hacks (
-   -   FireRed Pokémon Lightning Yellow (

Red October 31st, 2007 5:27 PM

Pokémon Lightning Yellow
1 Attachment(s)
Even though I stopped development of this game in *2006, people are still asking for the beta releases. My old threads are closed, I don't see much reasons for re-opening them, since they are trashed.

Original thread, here. It got sort of messed up.
Remake thread, here.

I've decided to upload it to a public website, since the download links keep getting broken. Someone suggested, so I'm going with that.

I don't think I'll continue production of this, but I welcome anyone who wants to finish it, to do as they please with it. In fact, I encourage someone to take this and finish it.

Download it here.

By Amso♣:

Zeikku™ November 3rd, 2007 6:03 AM

this is great dude, i may consider finishing it off, however ill give you credit and if you want me to help out (if you re-consider making this) just ask

destinedjagold November 3rd, 2007 6:07 AM

Wow nice... ^^

I'm gonna try this one out! Also, PIKACHU in the title screen is soooooo cute!!! :D

Very nice indeed!

Binary November 3rd, 2007 6:57 AM

Wow nice screens,
I like the pikachu in the titlescreen,
Iam gonna try this out

Green Charizard November 3rd, 2007 7:06 AM

I remember this, I liked it back then. But it still looks good. ;)

pkmnmaster69 November 3rd, 2007 8:38 AM

ive played a little bit of the hack and the pikachu doesnt follow you (it was the main thing in yellow just to let u know) brocks onix is proper hard to beat since you start of with pikachu .

blueray November 3rd, 2007 12:01 PM

Wow a yellow re-make very rare.
I hope you manage to get pika to follow you also I can edit the bit that says firered for you

Virtual Chatot November 3rd, 2007 1:01 PM

I enjoyed it ^_^

Thank you for taking the time :D

johnlycett November 3rd, 2007 1:29 PM

I wonder if he has done it like yellow like pallete town surronder by a fence then grass background? Now that would exactly like yellow xD

Ooka November 3rd, 2007 2:35 PM

This looks really nice, in the ROM hacking resource thread there is a bunch of stuff you can use for this hack. In case you didn't already know.

Red November 4th, 2007 6:32 PM

I haven't rom hacked in quite a while...
I might consider restarting this hack, if in fact there is some hacking tools to make it easier.

And, actually, I'd kind of like to remake pokémon yellow when better hacking tools for d/p come out.

johnlycett November 4th, 2007 8:14 PM

So, is this going to be closed?

Red November 4th, 2007 8:17 PM

Originally Posted by johnlycett (Post 3050578)
So, is this going to be closed?

I already got a message from someone saying they're going to finish it...
Though, they don't have much experience, so don't expect anything...
And, actually I suppose if Diamond/Pearl became hack-able, then I would have lots of fun remaking Pokémon Yellow!

loitraitim November 5th, 2007 1:47 AM

Wow...this very well!
Thanked your for...

Klingon November 6th, 2007 11:37 AM

Dude; what did you change on that Pikachu screen with the maps? (I don't see many clear map changes 8D)^^
Maybe you could change the area around a bit more?^^ I would have to check through the first thread.
If I was lying, I would be saying this hacks awesome, right?
Hope I helped!

Shadowz November 6th, 2007 1:06 PM

Nice hack dude, keep going it's awesome! I also made a Userbar for this hack

Ooka November 6th, 2007 2:08 PM

Um, he said he isn't working on it anymore......

jimpatrick November 6th, 2007 10:38 PM

hehe!tnx!i really want 2 play d old yelllow version but this is great!

natef117 November 20th, 2007 2:57 PM

where are bulbasuar, charmander, and squirtle? i went to all locations where they were in original yellow, and nothing. Also, when i fought gary at the second city (curellean?-with misty) he had this a glitch?

Virtual Chatot November 20th, 2007 2:59 PM

^ This is just a Beta, he never finished it, he probably will never finish it.

plau November 21st, 2007 4:37 AM

someone should really try and finish this...

Coolboyman November 21st, 2007 5:43 AM

Don't post hacks you've only worked about 30 minutes or 2 hours on. This is a waste.

thatoneguy November 21st, 2007 8:30 AM

If you at least get a good beta, post a hack, but if this is all you have don't bother.

.hack November 21st, 2007 9:02 AM

you havent done much u cant obtain all charmander,squirtle and bulbsaur

Gerri Shin November 21st, 2007 9:18 AM

Originally Posted by Coolboyman (Post 3102274)
Don't post hacks you've only worked about 30 minutes or 2 hours on. This is a waste.

Originally Posted by thatoneguy (Post 3102588)
If you at least get a good beta, post a hack, but if this is all you have don't bother.

Originally Posted by cove_2007 (Post 3102682)
you havent done much u cant obtain all charmander,squirtle and bulbsaur

Guys seriously, read he first post he plainly states that he probably wont finish it, but if someone does he's allowing them to.