The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Tools, Tutorials & Resources (
-   -   Tool TM Editor Professional (

Darthatron January 10th, 2008 10:04 PM

TM Editing Tools
3 Attachment(s)
Finally an English TM Editor. This program is pretty basic... It allows you to edit what Attacks are learnt from TMs. Thats it, pretty boring... Anyway, thanks to Zel for the guide to doing this in HEX, this program is completely based on that. (The guide can be found here.)

Currently only works for English FireRed ROMs, if you happen to make an .INI file, or know the offsets, for another game then please PM it to me. :D

Screen Shots:

Download Links: Link

A Program that lets you edit what TMs can be used on what pokemon will be uploaded either later today or tomorrow.;)

Goto Post #10 for a Learnable TM Editor!

Swampert 22 January 13th, 2008 1:10 AM

Wow Darthatron, this isn't boring at all! I started to change TMs using a Hex editor, but it's soooo slow and annoying, plus you can make mistakes easily. This is another great, simple tool. These are the kind of programs that rom-hackers need, to take out the difficulty of hex editing.

Hooray for Darthatron, he's done it again!

xghost January 13th, 2008 2:22 AM

Wow another great and simple tool
Keep up the good work :)

D-Trogh January 13th, 2008 2:30 AM

Here is a download with INI files for the GBA games.. [Only English]
Took me 5 minutes, so ;)

Darthatron January 13th, 2008 4:58 AM

So you know if anyone has any ideas for programs they can PM me. So long as its not a trainer editor or a script editor. :D

Reaper 6 January 13th, 2008 6:33 AM

Hi are u able to edit HMs as well and make some TMs work like HMs or like dig

kloplop321 January 13th, 2008 11:25 AM

you tools are quite helpful Dorthatron :)

Darthatron January 13th, 2008 7:14 PM

@Reaper 6: I don't think its possible to make HMs into TMs, or change to moves HMs can teach. Well, I don't know how to anyway, I don't know much about hacking though, so it could be possible...

@kloplop321: Thanks, but it's Darthatron, not Dorthatron. :)

Learnable TM Editor to be released later today. Beware, it's bulky. (I made it at 6AM before I had gone to bed.)

kloplop321 January 14th, 2008 4:15 AM

ohh sorry lol

it seems I have a problem(which is confusing)
I am editing pokemon emerald, the TM editor isn't having any script problems and it still knows which attack I set it on(which I also edited with your attack editor), yet it doesn't seem to affect in-game TM's
your attack editor works perfectly
But I don't see how the TM editor still knows it and the game still acts like it was before(yes I copied it over to my emulator(my psp))

Darthatron January 14th, 2008 4:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
@kloplop321: Well, that sure is odd... I only really ever test my programs on Fire Red and hope they work on everything else, so it doesn't surprise me that there are bugs. :) I'll look into it tomorrow. ;)

In other news...

Learnable TM Editor Professional is here! Check out the screenshot:

And download it here!

zel 2.0 January 14th, 2008 5:03 AM

Hey, a program to edit TMs, nice ^^ (considering how lazy people can get when doing stuff in hex, it'll be helpful for them :P)

Well, in fact, the HMs are just after all the TMs, so I dont see why you couldn't modify their moves (however, I think it'll be obvious that if you change the HMs, they wont turn magically into "field moves", or would they? :\)

If you want to research a little, maybe you can find if it's possible to edit the moves taught by the move tutors (as I'd be looking for that XP)

Frostbite January 14th, 2008 5:04 AM

Wow, this really takes out all of the difficult work of hex editing...

This tool is very helpful, I'm very glad you made it. Already tested it out on my hack and it works great.

I absolutely love the tools that you're releasing, you're helping a lot of us hackers! Keep up the excellent work! ;)

Darthatron January 14th, 2008 5:20 AM

OMG! OMG! Zel likes my program, my life dreams are now complete. I'll defiantly look into that too. Sounds like a fun few hours!! :D

Thanks Frostbite, I liked the way you BOLD and Italic all the words that would make me feel special!

Check out my Learnable TM Editor here! (I know Learnable isn't a word.)

Prof. 9 January 14th, 2008 8:31 AM

Thanks a lot =O

This'll really speed up the process =D

I'm gonna try it out immediately ^^

D-Trogh January 14th, 2008 9:17 AM

INI for Emerald US

Ruby US

Sapphire US

omomo0725 February 8th, 2008 8:28 AM

Originally Posted by swampert22 (Post 3244643)
Wow Darthatron, this isn't boring at all! I started to change TMs using a Hex editor, but it's soooo slow and annoying, plus you can make mistakes easily. This is another great, simple tool. These are the kind of programs that rom-hackers need, to take out the difficulty of hex editing.

Hooray for Darthatron, he's done it again!

Darthatron has done it agian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you rock deffinitly using this baby!

cooley February 8th, 2008 2:28 PM

How come when I load my rom, It says "try a cleaner Rom"?

Man, I am Really Starting to need this program now, Thanks!

Darthatron February 8th, 2008 8:39 PM

cooley, do you have the correct ini file for that ROM? That may be the problem. :S

Flashpoint February 8th, 2008 8:55 PM

Finnaly that spam got deleted

On topic:This tool is great,I was about to start hex editing but this saved my time

ExMaikel February 20th, 2008 8:54 AM

cool, gj, thx
im gonna try download it

Can you upload it please on another site and give me link ( on pm if it's not allowed here )

cooley February 20th, 2008 4:01 PM

The program says that I have to use a cleaner rom, can you tell me what that means?
Man, i love your programs! I use them all the time (ALL THE TIME)

I have to change TM01 to Fury cutter(for the gym) But it won't let me.
I changed it via Zel's Tutorial But the text is Not functioning correctly.

Thanks for maing awesome tools,

Mr. X February 20th, 2008 5:18 PM

Ahh i think i know problem.

Perhaps the program can only edit unedited roms? since you are making a rom hack (and have no doubt changed something) the program might not be able to recgonize the rom due to edits done to it.

In some programs you get something that says rom format is rubyavxe. Lets say that firereds format is avxe. If you change it to something like avex it won't recgonize it.

Or... you could just be using a rom in a diffrent lanuage. (The first 3 letters avx is the main format were the e shows the lanuage.)

Perhaps addind support for other lanuages would help?

ShyRayq February 20th, 2008 9:45 PM

hey how come my emerald dosen't work. i put in the ini and it's white clean
and it dtill says i need a cleaner rom. can you help me?

Darthatron February 20th, 2008 9:56 PM

Sorry for the bad rom messages, I'll try and fix it. :S

EDIT: They all work for me... I'll reupload with all the INI's let's hope that fixes it. :)

EDIT 2: Download this, it should work now... *crosses fingers* DOWNLOAD!

Dark_Master March 11th, 2008 11:57 AM

About the learnable tm editor, when i open emerald on it it says "type mismatch" and closes....what?
what does that mean and how can i get around it?