The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Pokémon General (
-   -   Eevee as a starter? (

Kaori December 11th, 2008 7:09 PM

Eevee as a starter?
I would absolutely LOVE eevee as a starter....I mean come on it is so cute and it has so many evolutions to choose from! I would choose Espeon though...but should they make eevee a starter IYO? I think they should definitely!!

wolf December 11th, 2008 7:11 PM

Well, it might not be possible to have eevee as a starter since he isn't a starter... But, it would be cool to have one! I would like Jolteon or Umbreon!

.:Kanto:. December 11th, 2008 7:13 PM

Thats not a bad idea actually, I like it! Eevee would be great as a starter :P

Kaori December 11th, 2008 7:41 PM

Thank you would be unlikely to happen but hey you never know!

Gummy December 11th, 2008 7:54 PM

I don't know what everyone likes about Eevee. You do realize that there won't be any evolution stones in the beginning of the game, so you'll be stuck with a weak Normal Pokemon as your starter. And I'm pretty sure the game would do something so you don't get Espeon or Umbreon too early.

Kaori December 11th, 2008 7:57 PM

WHAT? Eevee is not weak!!! And eevee can do anything it wanted to in have all the strength in the world or just normally try and beat the other pokemon..

December 11th, 2008 7:58 PM

Originally Posted by Lil_Miss (Post 4187592)
but hey you never know! do know.

Eevee would only work if it was the only pkmn given (so there'd be no 'choice') and if the game randomly generated what it evolved into via an event or the such (or like what stone you get is random). Otherwise, the player has too much control over the pkmn if s/he knows the game and what types would help his or her party...besides, not every player wants a cutesy pkmn.

@2 posts above-good point...

Kaori December 11th, 2008 8:05 PM

Well...I am still sticking to u never know...hey ur not a nintendo game maker lol
just saying...not being mean or anything...

wolf December 11th, 2008 8:13 PM

Well, it could happen like Pokemon XD (I am not actually saying "XD").

Skaterzpenguin December 11th, 2008 8:24 PM

Eevee can be a starter! Its a starter in pokemon coluseum and XD: gale of darkness. ;]

Kaori December 11th, 2008 8:37 PM

That is great I never knew that...well I will just keep rooting for eevee to be a

Gyroh December 11th, 2008 8:54 PM

Eevee as a starter? Better yet, Eevee as a wild Pokémon!

Caelus December 11th, 2008 9:30 PM

I wouldn't hate the idea of Eevee being a starter, but I don't like it as much as the 3 starters with different types format that has been used since generation 1.
If Eevee was a starter it could probably encourage me to use all the Eevolutions, even the ones I don't particularly like.

moments. December 11th, 2008 9:49 PM

Eevee would be pretty awesome as a starter but like Gummy said, there would be no evolution stones.
So it would be good if after you beat your rival sometime earlyish in the game, if he gave you an evolution stone. Or even from Prof Oaks assistants.

otaku-dono December 12th, 2008 4:18 AM

Originally Posted by Gyroh (Post 4187737)
Eevee as a starter? Better yet, Eevee as a wild Pokémon!

Eevee is a wild Pokemon... See Trophy Garden.

But that is a bad idea, really. They have a nice flow going as is with the Grass/Fire/Water starters, why change it? Especially for something which has so many options at its disposal. And I daresay the Eeveelutions are a bit too deliberately overpowered, or more so than the starters.

ErickaVolt December 12th, 2008 4:27 AM

Hmmm... that is bad idea. It takes longer time to make Eevee evolve and find stones. Thus Eevee can be seen in wild.

Kaori December 12th, 2008 9:07 AM

You guys are right...but hey just think of a cut little eevee travelling around and then later on evolving into something u really like!! ^_^

~Kavin~ December 12th, 2008 9:11 AM

I think it would be a good idea if you get to choose which stone you would like to use on your eevee. Let's say eevee is the only starter to pick. But like you have charmander, squrtle, and bulbasaur, you replace them with stones. I think eevee would be a great starter that way. And wasn't eevee already a starter in gale of darkness if I'm not mistaken? and it worked out okay last time I played it. I evolved mine into an Umbreon I think. It was so long ago I can't remember

Artemis December 12th, 2008 10:17 AM

I don't mind Eevee being a starter excetp I'm going to have a to travel ALL the way to Sinnoh up to Snowpoint City to evolve

processr December 12th, 2008 10:24 AM

Oh lawd, as if having Eevee as a starter wasn't already overused in the realms of Pokémon fanfiction, now people want the little blighter in the games too. ._.;

Cassino December 12th, 2008 10:51 AM

Given the evolution choices, I think Eevee really should be the starter in every game. They bring out new evolutions and will continue to do so until all the types are filled so it's not lacking any originality or whatever.

Detox December 12th, 2008 11:19 AM

Um no, because you shouldnt be able to catch starters and you can catch wild Eevee in the trophy garden.

Kaori December 12th, 2008 11:21 AM

Ash and the co.

Cassino December 12th, 2008 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by -Kairyu (Post 4188608)
Um no, because you shouldnt be able to catch starters and you can catch wild Eevee in the trophy garden.

If Eevee were the games' starter, it wouldn't have ever been made catchable there or anywhere in the first place.

Ruphire December 12th, 2008 11:35 AM

I'd like it too happen! It would be nice to be able to get a good pokemon early in the game.