The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Progressing Games (
-   -   Not exactly a game, but not a hack (

|Maximus| August 26th, 2009 5:59 AM

Ipod Touch Simulator for Windows
I am coding an iPod Touch simulator for the pc. Which I call...PcPod! I have had a lot of time on my hands because of summer break. I have only coded this for a couple of hours so it's not that great so far.

Now I would like to show off my ideas, and maybe people could help me. I am using GameMaker 6.1 since that is what I am used to.

Lockscreen: 75%(Clock+Actual Slider instead of Tap)
Safari: 0%
Calendar: 0%
Mail: 0%
Contacts: 0%
Youtube: 0%
Stocks: 100% (FINALLY)
Maps: 0%
Weather: 0%
Calculator: 0%
Notes: 0%
Settings: 0%
Docked Apps: 0%
Springboard: 50%

F1 - Exit App
F2 - Screenie :D

Alexandre August 26th, 2009 6:03 AM

Haha! I had an idea for an iPhone simulator when I was getting back into RMXP. I Must say, good work!

Team Rocket's Raichu August 26th, 2009 5:53 PM

Funny. But good luck with you. Sounds like it would be fun. Would you be able to get "apps"?

Ven August 26th, 2009 6:33 PM

I don't think it would be that hard to add aps, but you'd have to enable internet connection, and I highly doubt you could connect to the actual app store, it would be a better idea to just use appulous as the fake app store.

Anyway, this seems pretty cool!
I'm curious about how you;re going to code safari xD
Anyways, good luck.

fireyboy345 August 26th, 2009 8:08 PM

If i were to use this would i have to jailbreak this too? Jk. Cool idea and it looks great so far. Good luck

Alexandre August 26th, 2009 9:17 PM

The poster above reminded me, if you want a base for safari, there is a guy on who coded a web browser in RMXP ;)

Luka S.J. August 27th, 2009 4:31 AM

Originally Posted by Alexandre (Post 5040802)
The poster above reminded me, if you want a base for safari, there is a guy on who coded a web browser in RMXP ;) the first post more carefully. He said he is using Game Maker to do this.

Poeman August 27th, 2009 4:49 AM

There is a DLL for GM that can open a web browser ingame.

Neo-Dragon August 27th, 2009 4:57 AM

Or if you have a mac you already have a simulator. Or you could buy an iphone or ipod touch lol.
But it is neat to see someone take on a project like this. It is a hobbie after all and it's nice to see you try your hand at something different.

Mistic Maril August 28th, 2009 12:52 PM

God be with u. I'd love a ipod simulator.

|Maximus| September 3rd, 2009 12:42 PM

Thank you for the support everybody. I am saving up for the macbook white, so this project will be transferred over to there. I know that once I get a MacBook, I will have an iPhone Simulator. BUT, since I have used Windows all my life, I know that there is no ipod simulators. That is why I am trying to make one for everybody to enjoy. :D

Originally Posted by Pokemon0987654321 (Post 5040394)
Funny. But good luck with you. Sounds like it would be fun. Would you be able to get "apps"?

Umm...I don't think I could program that. I think I will program, a few working apps.

I need somebody or some people to work on contacts, music, videos, itunes, photos, ANYTHING and a working clock.

|Maximus| September 5th, 2009 6:51 AM

Nobody is going to help me?

ScizorZ September 13th, 2009 6:05 PM

Awesome idea! I love it :)! When will it be up for download but theres one question.
What does this have to do with Pokemon? can we play pokemon emu's on this?