[Tutorial] How to extract and translate text pokrmon HG/SS
In this tutorial im gonna show you how can extract and translate text from pokemon HG/SS.
1) Extract ALL the files to 'thenewpoketext' folder.
2) Remember to have your Pokemon HG/SS Rom inside thenewpoketext folder.
3) Run thenewpoketext. Once you run thenewpoketext, a Command Prompt will pop up.
4) For the Command Prompt, type in your Rom Name. (So if you have pkmss.nds as your Rom name, then in the Command Prompt you'll type in "pkmss.nds" (without the quotations and press Enter).
5)you'll have a Folder in 'thenewpoketext' folder called "tmp_[rom name here]" Wait for That Folder to be Fully Extracted. (NOTE: DON'T CLOSE THE COMMAND PROMPT, BECAUSE YOU'LL JUST CONFUSE YOURSELF. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED).
6) Open the Folder "tmp_[romnamehere]" and Double Click the "ROOT" Folder. Double Click the "a" folder. Double click the "0" folder. And then Double Click the "2" Folder.
7) Move 7 file to "msgdata" folder.
8) Rename the 7.file to "msg.narc" (without the quotations).
9) Now Back to the Command Prompt, type in "get 43 options.xml" or "getall dialogue.xml" (without the quotations).
10) Edit xml file with Notepad++ translate text but you have to change false = true save in xml file.
11) Go to newpoketext [ patch.xml options or dialogue.xml ].
12) Go to "msgdata" folder rename "msg.narc" and move to "Root/a/0/2".
13) Go To newpoketext "mkrom pkmss.nds"
I was wondering, how do translate text with Notepad++? I never used it before. Unless you just use that to edit and translate in google or babblefish. Nice tutorial, though.
After I enter the ROM that I want to edit in the cmd prompt, it automatically closes.
EDIT: Ah, I see. You didn't say to put NDStools into the other folder... I got it now.
will this translate everything or just some?
Can you translate Black or White too?
does it work for any NDS rom, or just for Pokeroms??
Thanks, makes my life easier by getting some more resources for my game.
I tried with Pokemon Platinum but the folders are different from HG/SS:
I want to translate it to my language, which files I should get here? since I have to translate everything
ok I made some mistake but finally got it, for who are going mess in platinum you have to change the file name as well, it will extract the "Msgdata" but platinum use the "pl_msgdata", change like he teached in the tuto... was a pain learning this by myself lol (lost a lot of time and stufsXD)
But I still with problem, I don't know why when I try to patch the xml it (look that) go like it worked, then I create the rom and se that nothing changed ... whats going wrong here ? x-x pls help
I just had to change= false to true lol
|All times are UTC -8. The time now is 2:45 PM.|
© 2002 - 2015 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.
Use of PokéCommunity Assets