The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Art & Design (
-   -   AadmM's Vector Art! (

AadmM November 1st, 2010 8:56 AM

AadmM's Vector Art!
Welcome to my world of art and design! Here you'll find my featured work, including illustrations, type designs, application resources...or whatever else I feel is worth posting :P

While I have more experience with Photoshop than anything, I prefer to work mainly in Illustrator nowadays. As such, most of my work is completely vector based, although I do try to incorporate some Photoshop into my work from time to time to keep my skills sharp.

I'd like for everyone to give me some honest feedback on these pieces. If they suck, let me know. I really wanna improve.

Super Smash Bros. Icon Pack (Gimp users, let me know if the .abr file works for you!)

Pokémon TCG Energy Symbol Pack (Raw Images Included)

BleuVII November 1st, 2010 5:35 PM

These are great! I wish I knew how to use vector graphics that well. I basically do my linework in vector and my coloring in raster.

AadmM November 5th, 2010 8:42 AM

Thanks a bunch for the compliment! I used to do all my art in Photoshop, actually. Then I started my graphic design classes, got in some really good practice with Illustrator, and now I'm a vector person all the way.

Also, added some new stuff :D

Shiny Politoed November 5th, 2010 9:44 AM

These are really good :D I love the ones with the names XD do you take requests?

Kura November 18th, 2010 4:51 PM

These are reaaally great! You are extremely good at vector art! @_@ I personally find vector stuff very difficult to do, so I applaud you in having such great designs, illustrations, and stylizations! Wicked stuff, man!

Trish November 18th, 2010 4:56 PM

Dope as heck. I am a HUGE fan of vectors, and these are golden. Stars And Stripes, Welcome To Lavender, and Cubone are your best IMO, but they're all great. I want to see more :D

sfalpharyu November 18th, 2010 5:20 PM

this art is great :D good job I look forward to seeing more :D

Brittani1123 November 26th, 2010 8:53 PM

ooooh i LOVE them!!! I'm hoping to get into some graphic design ASAP, my dad does alot of vector so i have a huge soft spot for it lol

AadmM November 27th, 2010 5:46 PM

Thanks for all the feedback, guys! I'd have responded sooner, but our internet has been on the fritz all month long. We only just got things sorted out this week.

But anyway, I've been working on a lot of new art in the meantime. Mostly requests I've taken for new type designs, which I'll post below. But I do have some more art that I hope to have ready to show within the next couple of days.

As for the type designs...

Like I said, I do take requests for these if anyone wants a Pokemon in particular they'd like to see. All of these were requested by people over at Pokebeach :D

Late November 27th, 2010 11:44 PM

These are very cool! And you can request too? I wanna see Typhlosion, my favorite Pokémon :D if it's okay.

Blue Beedrill November 27th, 2010 11:54 PM

Oh man... These are amazing, awesome, articular another a word i cant thing of that means the same as awesome... But Scizor is my favorite =D

AadmM November 30th, 2010 10:16 AM

New art!

Been wanting to draw Kamitsure for a while...though I don't know if this quite cuts it. I'll probably be doing some more art for her down the line.

Oh, and I'm currently working on a Typhlosion design, too! Should have him finished pretty soon. :D

zeekayart December 5th, 2010 8:56 PM

These are so awesome man! You have great skill!

I-shadez December 9th, 2010 11:33 AM

that high voltage picture looks AMAZING!!!! you are so talented.

question, could you do a wallpaper?
metagros, metang and beldum on one wallpaper, (my fav pokemons) i think it would look amazing

allensawyer23 December 9th, 2010 11:23 PM

they are really great. i'd like to printscreen the third image for my wall paper. you're great!

Dystopia December 11th, 2010 6:24 AM

These really are quality vector art you're producing, AadaM. The soft gradient from blue to white on the Wargle image is flawless and very eye pleasing. I could actually picture seeing the Gengar poster on a street corner - you've made it look like a realistic poster and it is rather frightening!

Kura December 11th, 2010 7:17 PM

I love your stuff! I just had a really minor critique for that one. Do you see how on the head you made the curve of the darker tone inversed? Just pop the tone the other way so that you're defining the form of his head more accurately and it'd read much better.

@__@ I'm sorry if I can't communicate well. I can show you what I mean if you need clarification.

Otherwise.. everything else just looks SPOT ON! I'm loving it! You're super talented!

tnguye3 January 6th, 2011 2:44 PM

Holy shizzles those are amazing! @_@
They look like official art, and I especially love those stylized names!

Good job, can't really crit on them. All I can say is you're one helluv an artist!
Dayum, keep em coming! xD
Just watching those pics makes my eyes orgasmic!

CommanderPigg January 9th, 2011 8:57 AM

These are really amazing! I love vectors. I've tried my hand on a few of them end ended up with deep frustration, lol/

The thing I like most about them is that they look really professional, especially the stylized type designs. They really look like something that can be branded and sold to a company as a logo or something...Do you take classes?

MEGAS January 13th, 2011 2:24 AM

Holy... This is just... Masterpiece... Man you sir, are really creative!
I just can't get my eyes off mostly the Milotic, Mismagius, and Scizor one. :P

AadmM January 13th, 2011 9:51 PM

Thanks so much for all the comments and feedback, guys! I really should visit here more often...I feel bad for totally ignoring everyone like this. And I just realized I totally forgot to post that Typhlosion design that I promised way back when X_X

But it's in the (completely revamped) first post now.

Originally Posted by CommanderPigg
These are really amazing! I love vectors. I've tried my hand on a few of them end ended up with deep frustration, lol/

The thing I like most about them is that they look really professional, especially the stylized type designs. They really look like something that can be branded and sold to a company as a logo or something...Do you take classes?

Aw, shame you were having so much trouble. Just don't get too discouraged when working with vectors! The pen tool (which I'm assuming is what gave you the most trouble) is really invaluable once you get the hang of it. Not just in Illustrator or CorelDraw, but in Photoshop too.

As for myself, yes, I have taken classes. But the bulk of my experience with this sort of stuff comes from doing it in my free time. I think the classes I took probably helped more with the creative side of things (brainstorming and sketching), as opposed to the technical (working with the programs).

MaStalee January 13th, 2011 10:14 PM

Holy crap man, you are amazing! Nice work.

wisp82 August 7th, 2011 4:12 AM

you really know your thing man!
these are amazing.
i love everything.
&btw, can you make ninetales-inspired one?

Yoshikko August 7th, 2011 5:12 AM

Oooh I love the Tangrowth and the Acid Armour Vaporeon, and that Gardevoir typography as well. I've tried vector and I find it pretty hard and this looks all very good.

Anastasia.R August 8th, 2011 3:22 PM

wisp82, please check the date of when the last post was posted. You can't bump a thread over a month old, unless you are the thread creator and you're updating the gallery. I, sadly, have to close this thread now.

~LeafBlade Lock