Indigo Trainers Association (OOC/SU)
This is the OOC thread for The Indigo Trainers Association. All requests, SU's and OOC chat will go here. Main thread here.
1. I am the GM and what I say goes.
2. This is a T rated RP. Keep it that way
3. When you want to catch a Pokemon, ask in the OOC thread.
4. No god-modding or bunnying
5. Be reasonable when encountering wild Pokemon. a level 100 Charizard will not be a route 1.
6. Be active.
7. When challenging Gym Leaders, PM me and I will send you the team the Gym leader uses and let you do he battle. You will not always beat the leader.
8. Consult with me before finding rare items.
9. I will control when Legendaries will appear
10. Post good posts. I'm lenient when it comes to length, but no one or two liners.
11. When a RPer is promoted up a rank, their spot becomes open.
12. I will decide when you Pokemon level up and learn new moves.
Gender (M or F)
Starting town: (Cherrygrove or Pallet)
Appearance: (Picture preferred)
Personality: (A paragraph about yourself)
History: (what happened before you were admitted into the organization)
Starter Pokemon: (One that has not been taken)
Sherry De La Cruz (DarkAngel91)
Logan Davies (Elite Killer)
Dylan Nampt (Kitred123)
Tyson McLennan (Yagerbomb)
Seth Windrunner (Scarf Blade)
Rebecca Tyrer (SelenaStar)
1.Violet City-Falkner-Flying Type
2.Goldenrod City-Baron-Steel Type
3.Azalea Town-Bugsy-Bug Type
4.Ecruteak City-Owen-Dark Type
5.Olivine City-Antonio-Water Type
6.Cianwood City-Chuck-Fighting Type
7.Lake of Rage-Florence-Grass Type
8.Blackthorn City-Clair-Dragon Type
1.Pewter City-Brock-Rock Type
2.Viridian City- Jarret-Normal Type
3.Cerulean City-Misty-Water Type
4.Saffron City-Lt.Surge-Electric Type
5.Celadon City-Erika-Grass Type
6.Fuschia City-Janine-Poison Type
7.Lavender Town-Lucian-Ghost Type
8.Vermillion City-Theoren-Various Types
I just wanted to see whether it'd be possible to catch a lvl 4/5 Pikachu in Viridian Forest within the next few posts?
Also is there a guideline for how many wild/trained pokemon we need to defeat to gain a level?
I suppose I should ask some things that are on my mind, too
1) Can Eevee be obtained from that guy in Celedon? I figured I'd ask that so if it's possible there can be some kind of plot idea to make it so anyone who'd like one can, or if it isn't you can make it clear before you have to deal with someone going "whoot-automatic-free-Eevee-lulz" when you didn't want it to happen. (Umbreon ftw XD)
2) By extension, what give-away pokemon are allowed? (Eevee, Simi- pokemon, Magikarp, Togepi egg, etc; I figured Shuckle was out regardless)
3) Are we only able to encounter Johto/Kanto Pokemon? If not, is it possible to encounter Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova pokemon within reason?
4) If yes to the second half of my third question, is it possible to encounter Joltik in Viridian Forest? It'd be cool to have one ;x
5) If yes to the second half of my third question, when could my character find the Protector item?
6) Is Mankey available in Viridian Forest, or on the way to the Victory Road's gate entrance?
7) A part of my character's history is that his first-ever Pokemon was taken by Team Galactic (and since no complaints were made about that, I figure that it's ok). Would it be alright if, some time later into the RP, my character enters a Galactic facility and reunites with it? I don't really care if it's found either as a Squirtle still or it gets to be a Wartortle; it's not going to evolve beyond Wartortle out of personal preference.
And sorry if I asked too many questions; I wanted to get those all clear... though chances are that I'll have more. I can have a lot of questions at times. XD
And woot to Lavender Town gym!! I love Lavender Town! XD
I was also wondering about other region's pokemon and whether they're available or not.
Also, when I eventually reach Sprout Tower, could I catch a Ghastly?
@SelenaStar: You can catch the Pikachu in Viridian Forest. Granted
1) Things like give-away Pokemon and Rare Items are usually rewards for ranking up, although there may be quests to obtain them otherwise.
2) You will mostly see and catch Johto/Kanto Pokemon. But, exemptions can be made. Example, you can also catch Starlys in a area where you can find Pidgeys. Make sense?
3) WTFF is a Joltik? Explain that to me first.
4) Mankey is on Route 22. Granted
5) Sure you can eventually meet up with your original starter.
@Kitred123: Gastly Granted at Sprout Tower.
@Fire-run: Last time I checked, you are not in this RP.
Also, thanks for granting the Gastly.
This is a Joltik (Bug/Electric)
In the Unova Region, it was found in Chargestone Cave, but that was because the whole cave was electrified. I would say that the Power Plant might be a good choice for it, but given that it's supposed to be a spider and Pikachu are also in the forest it could slide there, too
if not that's ok XD
If it's ok, can I please catch a Sentret in Sprout Tower? I've actually caught one there, so they do appear there. Maybe lv. 5 or 6? I love Furrets so much. :)
Echo!! ... Echo! ... echo...
Ok, got it out of my system! Just wanted to keep this OOC alive while finding out how everyone's doing while I wait for Bomb to post so I can XD
Ok, everybody, Yagerbomb has left the RP, which opens a spot. I will pick the new starter soon, just thought I would let you know. I am still having troubles catching up on this RP, if someone could help me out with that, much thanks would be appreciated.
Could I catch a Magikarp in Viridian? And, by extension, anyway I could have a Magikarp with Tackle aswell as Splash?
And then would I be able to either catch a Geodude in Mt Moon or be given one in Pewter City by Rebecca's parents?
Sure, you can. No problem. Guys, let me know when you want to challenge a Gym Leader, that means any one of ya.
Mind if I catch a Frillish by fishing?
Umm.. once again, you are going to have to enlighten me on that kind of Pokemon.
Also from Unova, Frillish is a Water-/Ghost-type Pokemon. Its appearance depends on its gender (they're supposed to look like literal royal jellyfish). Frillish evolves into Jellicent.
Ok, accepted. Thanks for filling me in. But I warn everyone now. I do not know S*** about Unova, if you did not know that by know.
Hey! I'm going to have my character challenge Brock in Pewter after some training, could I have the team please? And are you going to control Brock during the battle?
Hey, Is it possible that I can catch a Budew on the next Route I go to? In between Azalea and Violet.
Hi Kitred, yep that's fine :)
I'm going to make some changes to the organisation of this rp...nothing major, but seeing as I'm GM now I think there are easier ways that this can be organised...more details to follow..:)
Okay! Here are the new rules and guidelines! I'm going to hide Kanto and Johto under spoilers so everyone can look at only that which affects them, but general rules and guidelines wll be for consumption by us all. The biggest change is that you won't need to ask me about catching pokemon/facing gym leaders/key items. These will all be laid out in the below guidelines, kind of like in the games. If there is anything special you want to happen in the RP, though, or something I've missed that you'd like to see just post a request in the OOC as usual and I'll sort it. This is just a hell of a lot easier to stop you guys from requesting, and having to wait for me to get round to responding as I'm fairly busy at the moment with Uni just starting up again and work and dance so I mainly check/reply on my phone on the Tube, which is not conducive to making huge detailed posts.
If you want to catch a wild Pokemon - go for it. I trust you all enough to make the choices for yourself over what is reasonable and what isn't. So for example, I know that you guys won't battle a level 70 Articuno in Route 5 with a level 4 Rattata and catch it with your first PokeBall. I think we're all more sensical than that, so within reason you can decide which Pokemon appear where and when:
Pokemon up to level 30:
I would also like to request that players update their Pokemon team in the OOC thread after every capture/Pokemon evolution. Please include Pokemon Levels and Movesets in these updates. Each Pokemon can learn 6 moves, but keep these in line with the levelling up move learning. If you can illustrate how you can afford a TM, 2 TM moves per Pokemon are allowed. HM moves are also allowed, unlimited.
In terms of HM moves, your Pokemon doesn't need to know Fly to fly to a different town outside of battle, and same with all the other HMs. I've always found that slightly ridiculous about the games but see how it is necessary. If your Pokemon does, however, want to use the move in battle then they will need to have the HM move taught. These HMs will be given out after a gym battle, so you don't need to go looking in random places to find them:
Hope that all makes sense so far...that's all I can think of for the time being, the rest we can work out on a take-it-as-it-comes kind of basis.
Okay guys, thanks for your patience with me!
I have a couple questions. 1)What would our current pokemon level's be? I know that EliteKiller said he was setting pokemon to level 10. Is that/did that happen, was it all pokemon, and I've beaten Falkner since then so yeah... (Got a little carried away on that question...)
And 2)Is it possible for our pokemon to learn moves not neccisarily TM's or by level? Like we lose a battle and afterwards the victor helps teach our pokemon a new move? Say teach a Bellsprout Synthesis by digging it's feet into the ground.
Hope those made sense. I can try and clarify if need be.
And 3)Money? What's going on there? Are we going by Game prices of Pokeballs and Potions, or just kinda guessing?
Sorry for being nit-picky, I just like to have things beknownst to me.
1.) I'd agree with that. Let's say that before your battle your Pokemon's levels were 10, so just add on the bonus from defeating Falkner to each of those Pokemon. And just to clarify, each Pokemon who defeated one of the gym leader's pokemon gains those levels. If they made an appearance in the battle but didn't deal the final defeating blow, they can have the loss level gain (hope that makes sense..?)
2.) By giving it a sufficient background reason/story as you just did with that Bellsprout example, that's more than fine, there are more than two ways to learn a move after all :)
3.) I would say let's go by game prices, just to avoid any confusion. If people don't know in-game prices very well, I'm sure they'd be on Bulbapedia or Serebii for reference before you post.
And thanks for asking questions!! It's the only way to get this fully understood and operational.
On a side note, do you like this new system..? Do you think it will be easy enough to RP with?
Thanks for the answers, definately (I can never spell that right. I give up) cleared it up. Yeah I do like the new system, it allows us to have freedom, but still being on the "leash" that the GM, you, have on us. The one thing I have a problem with is.... uh.... that one thing that does stuff... I actually tried to find something I didn't like about them, I like to fine imperfections, and couldn't. So, yeah, the new rules should be fairly easy to follow.
Just wondering if it's ok to have the Ampharos and Hoppip on my team. Her parents died 'went away' And left her with their two pokemon. I just wanted to double check. Next pokemon I want isn't until......wherever Dark Cave is, cause you can catch Wobbufett in Dark Cave. And I love Wobbufett.
Is there a spot open for this Rp
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:58 AM.|
© 2002 - 2015 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.
Use of PokéCommunity Assets
vB Optimise by DragonByte Technologies Ltd © 2015.