-   In-Game Team Help (
-   -   [HGSS] Rate my HG dream team! (

RubberKid August 18th, 2011 1:04 AM

Rate my HG dream team!

Wood Hammer
Sword Dance

Air Slash
Psycho Shift

This is my dream team so far, if you have any ideas for moves or pokemons please feel free to comment :)

jab2033 August 18th, 2011 7:26 AM

My changes and comments will be in BOLD:

Originally Posted by RubberKid (Post 6810289)

This set gives the best coverage while making the most of Magmortar's high SpAtk stat. Try to get a SpAtk-boosting nature that doesn't lower Speed.

Wood Hammer
Grasswhistle/Water Pulse
Ice Shard

Since Abomasnow summons a Hail Storm, it can abuse Blizzard, since Blizzard never misses in Hail. Though it is inaccurate, Grasswhistle can put opponents to sleep. If you don't like Grasswhistle's 55% accuracy, you can give it Water Pulse to hit its Fire and Rock weaknesses. Ice Shard is an Ice-type Quick Attack.

Light Screen/Thunder Wave
Signal Beam
Reflect/Power Gem

Ampharos is a Special Attacker, which means physical moves like Fire Punch won't be as effective. Singal Beam isn't bad, nor is Power Gem. Or you could give it Reflect along with Light Screen to halve all damage taken. Make sure to give Amphy the Light Clay if you go with the Screens. Alternatively, Thunder Wave can cripple a lot of Pokemon.

Air Slash

I'd give Noctowl Psychic for a secondary damaging move. It doesn't have too much of a wide movepool, so isn't the greatest attacker. I like roost here, as it can heal off Hail damage.

As far as other Pokemon, why not catch the Lapras from Union Cave? It's part Ice and also immune to damage from Abomasnow's Hail storm. That's my only other suggestion so far.

RubberKid August 18th, 2011 12:53 PM

Thank you for the feedback :) By the way, Via the Hail Snow i will Try to use The 3 Pokemon that are resistent to it last. ( Noctowl-Roost - Lapras and amobasnow itself :) ) Anyone that sees this please Help me for a pokemom or reccomend me moves, Thanks

jab2033 August 18th, 2011 1:31 PM

For Lapras, go with the following moveset:

Two STAB attacks in the form of Blizzard and Surf, along with Thunderbolt and Psychic to get wider type coverage. You'll hit a lot of types super-effectively with this set.

As far as a final pokemon, how about a physical attacker. If you have 2 DSs and a second HG/SS/D/P/Pt game, try Scizor with the Technician ability.

Try this moveset:
-Bullet Punch
-Swords Dance/Roost
-Brick Break/Night Slash

STAB + Technician makes Bullet Punch a 90 Base Power Steel version of Quick Attack. You have a secondary STAB in the form of Technician-boosted U-Turn or X-Scissor. Swords Dance can raise Scizor's Atk stat making it's physical attacks even more effective. Or you can trade over a second Roost TM from another game to be able to heal off Hail damage. Brick Break or Night Slash in the final slot.

RubberKid August 18th, 2011 2:36 PM

Thank you again, I dont have another DP but my friend Rarely brings his DS ( With PT ) So i might ask for a Scizor Trade, Thanks again :P