The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Writer's Lounge (
-   -   Criticism (

psyanic October 10th, 2011 1:12 PM

As writers and reviewers, everyone takes fire. Whether it be flames, trolls, etc. It's practically inevitable. If someone doesn't like your writing, they'll most likely state a few insulting comments and leave. This also applies to reviewing, as if you post an "insulting" quote/unquote review, you will inevitably be scrutinized by its fans.

So the question stands, how do you handle that situation? Do you simply ignore it and keep on doing as you do, or do you answer back?

Dagzar October 10th, 2011 1:36 PM

Most of the reviews I get are very polite, though if I do get a review like that, I just reply back honestly and thank them for reviewing. There's nothing wrong with being polite. Though, if the review is obviously written by a troll, I ignore it.

Mizan de la Plume Kuro October 13th, 2011 4:43 PM

If I do get any negative reviews these days, which I don't because reviews are scarce, I'd really just take my time to defend my point of view really --why it might not suck as much as the critic's made it out to be. If the review's making some sense, but is still insulting, I'd accept the review, but I'd mention something along the veins of politeness and etiquette in reviewing.

bobandbill October 14th, 2011 12:51 AM

As said it depends. If it's flaming I would ignore it, or maybe laugh to myself about it (and I guess one can't please everyone anyway!). If not then I'd read it, think how they must be totally wrong, go take a walk, and read it again and then probably accept they may have some points, although that depends how they back up their criticism. =p If it isn't I think I would probably reply with a 'please explain'.

Constructive crit of course is a different matter.