The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Fifth Generation (
-   -   BlackWhite [Sawk] VS Throh (

Kaori December 4th, 2011 7:50 AM

[Sawk] VS Throh
Black and White Weekly Poll #6: Throh vs Sawk
For this week's Weekly Poll, I bring to you the rival fighting types, Throh and Sawk.

- A great defensive supporter, with a decent movepool.
- Decent Attack, with greater defense than Sawk
- Guts Ability
- A great physical attacker that can sweep pretty well
- High attack, low defense
- Sturdy Ability

So which will it be for you, Sawk or Throh???

Squirrel December 4th, 2011 7:56 AM

To be honest I hate both of these Pokemon, 2 of my all time least favourites x.x Although Sawk is the lesser of two evils due to having the Sturdy ability, it makes it a pretty lethal sweeper tbh. Although Throh does get its own signature move which is pretty cool... But yeah, I guess Sawk wins. :3

Volcarona December 4th, 2011 8:02 AM

I don't care for either one, but if I had to choose one, I'd pick Sawk. He has better attack and speed. I prefer a faster, aggressive playstyle. ^^

Minishcap December 4th, 2011 8:04 AM

Throh, because it is the only one I've used of the two. Otherwise I don' like them, but then again I usually don't like Fighting Pokémon.

SilverAbsol December 4th, 2011 8:05 AM

Having owned neither, and my first playthrough using nothing but dark types; (Two Liepards, Zoruark, Bisharp and Krokorok. If you're wondering why Scrafty wasn't included, it's because I just don't like their appearance) I'm throwing my vote to the one I feared the most.

Throh has that annoying tendancy of not dying and throwing out Revenge and Vital Throw, which was very lethal to my team >.<

Sawk is an excellent Pokemon from what I've been beaten by, but I just prefer the defence of Throh.

johnny18 December 4th, 2011 8:37 AM

I never use them before and I even forget that they exist so yeah :P
I will just pick Sawk though because of its color, Blue XD

A Pixy December 4th, 2011 8:43 AM

These are my personal favourites from GENV, but I'm gonna have to go with Throh because of how useful he was in my first run-through of White.

Cordelia December 4th, 2011 9:09 AM

Sawk is the best, thanks to Sturdy. That Pokemon is so annoying with that ability XD but it's a very worthwhile Pokemon.

Mr Cat Dog December 4th, 2011 10:24 AM

I like Sawk's design, its sweeper ability, its ability (although not when facing one, of course). I don't like it in all great detail, but in comparison to Throh, it wins this contest in with a landslide victory in my eyes.

Thrash December 4th, 2011 12:24 PM

I dislike them both, mainly because neither of them really look like Pokémon to me. But, I picked Throh because he's short like me. And us short folks gotta stick together, ya'know?

Oryx December 4th, 2011 12:28 PM

Never used either but my boyfriend is obsessed with his Sawk so gonna go with that one. Also blue is cooler than red.

Hikamaru December 4th, 2011 12:37 PM

I chose Sawk as I play Black and Sawk is more common in Black, plus he's cooler.

Even though I have both a Sawk and Throh I just like Sawk better.

I cherish my Sawk when I feel like training him, he has a Relaxed nature and Sturdy ability.

RaichuTuu December 4th, 2011 12:44 PM

Everytime i battle a sawk i end up getting killed because of Sturdy.
Throh is not much of a threat.

Kenshin5 December 4th, 2011 12:51 PM

I'm going to go with Hitmontop...

I really don't care for either, but I slightly like Throh over Sawk. Stephan Sawk lost to Iris Elomga, are we serious! I am interested to see how Throh is portrayed in the anime, but as now I will go with him just for appearance purpose.

PlatinumDude December 4th, 2011 4:55 PM

I used a Sawk in Black for most of the game and it turned out great because of its Heracross-level Attack and Speed. So I'm going with that one.

sherreamethyst December 4th, 2011 5:07 PM

I don't really like any of them, but I would probably choose Throh. Idk why though, just because I've only used that one before. Sawk actually looks pretty decent though since it's fast, has some good attack, and has the sturdy ability. I'm actually not quite sure which I would choose, but quite honestly, I don't really like either one of them.

이큐리 December 4th, 2011 8:52 PM

I prefer Sawk to Throh.
I guess physical > defensive for me. :P

Ciax December 4th, 2011 9:09 PM

I think Sawk is the better of the two. In looks and battling. The thing is that Sawk's movepool is better for Throh and vice versa, if only they swapped these pokemon would be very good.

miltankRancher December 4th, 2011 9:11 PM

Sawk for me I guess. I am not a total fan of these two. But Sturdy became a focus-sash in the fifth gen, so yeah. Sawk for me.

Ephemeral Euphoria December 4th, 2011 10:32 PM

I'd have to say Sawk by far, faster and has a better ability IMO.

Halcyon December 4th, 2011 10:49 PM

Sawk because it's blue. Yeap, that's all. :D

Orchid December 5th, 2011 12:40 AM

I'm saying Sawk. It's blue, and fast. So my vote goes for Sawk!

Overlord Drakow December 5th, 2011 3:07 AM

Definitely the Karate Pokemon Sawk for me, since I can relate to him rather well. Sturdy is also a fantastic ability for him to have albeit a frustrating one when used against me.

This is my post for the 5th December, Kaori.

Pokemon Trainer Touko December 5th, 2011 3:08 AM

Well I don't really like them but Sawk looks a little bit better than Throh so I voted for Sawk lol

vaporeon7 December 5th, 2011 3:11 AM

I don't really like either of them, but I voted Sawk because it is blue, and Vaporeon is blue.