The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Art & Design (
-   -   Gallery Cirno's Drawing Pad (

Sheep December 22nd, 2011 1:08 PM

Cirno's Drawing Pad
Cirno's Drawing Pad
Finally got around to making a thread! None of these are in any order. Everything has been spoiler'd to prevent long scrolling etc.
The following I did for my boyfriend for his birthday in October. I never know what to draw him so I drew a monster in one of the MMOs we played. I know the background looks... empty but I ran out of ideas and just slapped on some Photoshop effects D:
Ahiru from Princess Tutu.
Minccino with a blue bow.

Minccino sketch (yes, I love Minccino) holding a bouquet.

The image I drew for BinaryPeaches, my Secret Santa. I was in an art block so it didn't turn out as good as I'd hoped x:

More to come! \o/

Anastasia.R December 22nd, 2011 1:47 PM

So clean.

So nicely colored.

I love it!
It's so cute, and I'm lovin' the cool, colored outlines! I imagine Minccino with warmer colors or with a solid black outline. The cold colors are very pretty, and it looks great. =] To fill in the ear color (where pink would be), I'd use more of a light purple color than pinks or reds. That' just a suggestion, but even without the ear coloring, it looks adorable!

Sheep December 22nd, 2011 1:49 PM

:'D Thanks a bunch, Anastasia! I actually didn't realize I forgot to add the ear colors until much later. I'll go with the purple-ish colors like you suggested and see how it turns out!

Castgurl December 22nd, 2011 6:10 PM

Nice! I love the fact that they have a finished "painted" look while still maintaining the line work in the same paint like style. Looks very clean and delicate. Very different from mine. :D Very nice work, keep on posting. :)

Trent_Jayir January 10th, 2012 12:49 AM

Everything in this gallery is very cute! I really like your kind of muted colour choices, it adds to the overall 'cuteness' I think ... xD;
I also really love your linework, it's lovely :')

I think maybe you could try more complicated things. Character interactions with other characters and environments would be good practice maybe?

Sheep January 10th, 2012 9:34 AM

Thanks for the replies!

And you're right, it's definitely been a while since I did more complicated images much less character interactions. Guess that's what I'll work on next ^^ Thank you for the suggestion!

WhiteExterior January 13th, 2012 12:52 PM

Wow, you've got some pretty amazing stuff yourself! I especially love the one you did of Ahiru, like, no one knows about that show so I appreciate seeing it. XD

I'm subscribing to this stuuuff!

Halmtier January 19th, 2012 2:42 PM

Your work is done in such soft, almost pastel like colors. I like the feeling that it gives due to not having harsh contrasts- hope to see more from you!

Sheep January 19th, 2012 3:05 PM

Thanks so much, everyone! I'm getting back into my art phase so expect brand new art very soon! :3 to-do list: cute Pokemon and practice people!! (and redoing the images I posted earlier since I had a cool idea). You're lucky if you saw 'em when they were still up

I'm also working on finally adding that purplish shade to the ears of the colored Minccino like Ana suggested. Sadly I lost the .SAI file ]:

Sheep March 21st, 2012 8:03 AM

Added some new stuff, so I'm bumpin' this up :3 Made it so the newest images are on the top.

PKMNDex March 21st, 2012 2:38 PM

The art looks awesome. Awesome stuff.

Madam Cheezy April 11th, 2012 9:42 PM

Sooooo kawaii...<3

Is there an Eevee lurking somewhere?

Kura April 12th, 2012 2:17 PM

You've got some really cute stuff! Hope you keep posting more! :333

CloudNine April 14th, 2012 5:37 AM

these are awesome pics :)

Love'sElectric May 10th, 2012 6:02 PM

Wow everythings so cute. I really love the little dragon, though the snow(?) feels a little off on its body. Like its only a little on the left side but the right wing should have some on it too. You should totally work on more complex pieces, I have a feeling they'd come out amazing.

Kurui May 17th, 2012 8:05 PM

Gawsh it's all so cute. I wish I could draw cute things. You colour wonderfully too. *is melting from sheer cuteness*

ttdh15 June 13th, 2012 7:02 AM

The colors totally fit the style and I must say they are extremely cute O.O I'm gonna get charmed by them. Especially the blue bow minccino

iArtemis June 19th, 2012 11:19 AM

These are really great! I liked them all.

{Swan} June 19th, 2012 11:34 AM

I really love your work, especially your choice of colours and your backgrounds, I'd like to see more of the latter from you. I quite like your style as well, it's simple adorable. I think, overall, the top one is my favourite.

QuietDragon July 7th, 2012 2:54 PM

Considering the last I've seen of your art was that silly Roketto-dan chibi doodle a bazillion years ago...

Wow, the first piece is so beautiful~ I love water and underwater scenes. It's so well done~ those pretty jellyfish especially and the cutie-patootie Mijumaru. ;3;

The second has such an epic pose and great cel-shading! <3

Mrrr, the third makes me happy~~~~ dragon-y.

All your Minccino drawings are super cute!

Your colouring and shading's so well done~ that second pic, the cel-shaded one, looks so professional!

Erosu mou July 17th, 2012 1:45 AM

Very beautiful art work. <3
It is weird that real animals are actually in the Pokemon world.At first I thought only humans and Monsters existed in the Pokemon world because I never seen or paid attentions to the animals/bugs.I was watching the first series Pokemon anime last month just to remember the old days and I saw a Pigeotto eat a normal worm.I thought Pigeotto only eat monster worms like Catterpie or Wurmple lol.

Sheep July 30th, 2012 11:54 AM

Thank you everyone for all the comments~! n__n Will take every suggestion into consideration, they're very appreciated! I just updated the thread with the following:

There's also the underwater picture I did a while back but never made an update post for:

Jbsundown July 31st, 2012 5:34 AM

Wow! These are amazing!
Where did you learn all of this! I think the best thing I have ever done in Photoshop is to make a very bad picture of a close up of a tree and a Lucario image that I found on the internet leaning up against it xD
Again these are great and I hope to see a lot more! :D

NintendoQueen July 31st, 2012 7:53 AM

Very nicely done. The coloring on your pictures is quite interesting, and has sort of a "muted" aspect [in a good way---I just cannot think of the right term]. What do you use to create these drawings, because they look digital?

Sheep July 31st, 2012 7:57 AM

Thank you, Jbsundown! I just had a lot of inspiration to draw around 13-17, so I drew quite a bit and improved at a nice pace. It's fun to look back at my old art and see the difference~!

And thanks, NQ! :3 They are digital, yes, I use Paint Tool SAI. It's one of my favorite programs - moved on from Open Canvas and Photoshop 7 about a year ago to use it.