||January 8th, 2012 10:19 AM
Progressing Games - updated 19th July 2015
Rules of Progressing GamesThe community rules and Game Development section rules also apply here.
About this section
- This section is for all the game idea threads and game project threads.
- All new game threads should be made in here, regardless of how complete the game already is.
- You should contact this section's moderator if you want your game's thread considered for moving to the Games Showcase, or changed in any way you can't do yourself.
- New threads have to be approved by a moderator before they will appear. (This may take up to a few days, so be patient before contacting a moderator.) Approval is at the discretion of the moderator.
- You can try to recruit new team members in your thread.
- Do not ask about when a beta/demo/release is going to come out. It's spam.
Game project threads
- A free-for-all idea is one which you just want to put out there, and which you don't mind other people using. These go in the Free-for-all ideas stickied thread.
- Give as much information about your idea as possible.
- These are games which you intend to create. They can be at any stage of development, from an idea to a completed game.
- The thread should use the most suitable thread prefix. It can be changed later if necessary.
- It must be tidy and easy to read. It is recommended that you highlight important information (e.g. download links).
- It should contain/mention as many of the following as possible:
- Show what you're using to make your game
You must indicate which engine/tools/software/kit you are using to develop your game.
- An introduction to your project
This is a concise introduction to your project (not the game itself), which can include things like why you chose to start making your game and why you chose to do it the way you did.
- The plot and back-story of the game
This should be a reasonable length, and provide a decent amount of relevant information. In particular, you should explain features and plot points unique to your game. You may also talk about characters and whatever else you want. If your game doesn't have a plot (e.g. an arcade-style game), then you should describe the game and its premise here instead.
- A list of features
This is well worth including. Mention anything that will make your game stand out, and anything that you think is important to your game or is worthy of note. This includes both features that you want to include and features that you have included (it's good to indicate which one each feature is).
- Progress report
Again, well worth including. This is an indicator of what you're doing and what you have done for your game's development. You can show your progress in whatever way you choose.
- Screenshots/videos of game-play
These should show things unique to your game. They should reflect the latest state of your game. The more the better, and the more diverse things they show the better. You may also include other kinds of pictures and other media if you want.
- A complete list of credits
If you use any scripts, tools and/or resources that weren't created by you, you must credit the people who made them by listing their names alongside a description of what they did. You should credit the people who created the things you used, not the people who distributed them.
- A thread should only be about one game.
- You should keep the first post of your thread up to date. It's the easiest part of the thread to find, and it gives a reader their first impression of the game, so it should at least be accurate!
|All times are UTC -8. The time now is 6:37 PM.
© 2002 - 2015 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.
Use of PokéCommunity Assets