The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Computers & Technology (
-   -   What's your WiFi name? (

quilzel January 28th, 2012 1:05 PM

What's your WiFi name?
I have seen some very interesting names for WiFi AP names, but I can never seem to come up with good ones on my own. I personally have been using the model of the router for the SSID, for instance, 'WTR-120N'. However I got bored of that, and changed my network name to 'rwar' for a little while. When I got a new router, I named it 'qwerty'. I don't think either of these are very good. A friend has his network named 'Radius' which I though was pretty cool. So what do you guys do? Any good ideas?

What's your Wifi name?

Liliana Vess January 28th, 2012 1:14 PM

I have no control over my wifi name since it's my parents wifi. It's just called grant which is my stepdads name. I hate it so much because it's a name but theres no capital letter! It drives me up the wall >.<
I once saw a wifi that was called "pretty fly for a wifi" though. I've no idea how they managed to get the name to be so long but I thought it was amusing :3 Not very original though since it was featured in How To Geek's wifi name article.

Gerri Shin January 29th, 2012 5:35 AM

I have 2 networks, the slow one's called The Quibbler, and the faster one is called Lovegood. but unless you know they're there, you won't see them.

Meganium January 30th, 2012 11:49 PM

Currently, my Wifi's name is 204. I had plans to change it, but I haven't done so. It's been that way since the first we got it, and no it's not the number of my house, jsyk. :P

When I had U-Verse in San Diego, the default name was 2Wire109. I was too lazy to change the name, (and aside from that I suck at naming things) I took down the 109 and renamed it 2WIRED. How unique am I. :P

Cordelia January 31st, 2012 10:20 AM

My wifi name is "valhalla" and all of our computers are named after Norse mythology. We have baldr, freyja, odin, and thor. ^^ I think it's cool, at least ^^

Cherrim January 31st, 2012 1:22 PM

Ours is "CornersAreAwesome" because our pet fish really likes corners. (He was obsessed with the ones in his tank when we got him.) It was meant to be a wifi name that would just last until we could come up with a witty one but it ended up sticking around because none of us are witty and we are all very lazy. (Also now we have so many gadgets on it that it would just be a pain to reconnect everything.)

Archenoth February 16th, 2012 6:39 PM

Nothing too special for me... "Angelfire" is mine. It was a thing a buddy and I had set up, he had "Hellfire", I had "Angelfire"... It was kinda neat.

Zach February 23rd, 2012 2:33 AM

Mine is the default one that came with our specific FiOS modem/router combo.. FQVU4...

When my parents and I had DSL from Verizon, the router we had was a linksys, so that was the SSID.. however one of my neighbors who has a major in computer science came out one day to help us lock it because about 5 or 6 years ago he caught someone using our network and my parents were not aware of that at all, so what he did was lock us out of it temporarily (but he apologized and helped out), and from there, the SSID was named 'Land' (our last name)..

TheAppleFreak February 23rd, 2012 4:08 PM

One guy whose WiFi penetrates my house has his network named "Bill Wi, the Science Fi"

idi0ts March 16th, 2012 9:24 AM

"fred". My dad named it so nobody in the neigbourhood would know it's us, even though it's a secure network..

Heart's Soul March 21st, 2012 10:35 AM

SKyNET3_1 is our name. I wasn't sure if I could use a . but I wasn't going to find out.

quilzel March 21st, 2012 2:24 PM

I renamed my network to 'pkmn' its short easy to remember, and its awesome 'cause its Pokemon!

maryquitecontrary March 23rd, 2012 3:17 AM

The wifi at my house is my dad's so it's just the generic company name, but a friend of mine named his wifi "Patrick"... a The Devil Wears Prada reference. Now when anyone uses his wifi they go " I have Patrick!"

Forever March 23rd, 2012 3:25 AM

I'm sure I saw a wifi network w/ something rude lately, lool.

Anyway, mine's named Shaka. :3 That = name of my dog that died.

Renegade1 March 25th, 2012 2:59 PM

Consider naming it: FBI MIC (Mobile Investigation Connection)

I wonder how many people will pick up on and stain their underwear.

xeenx77 March 26th, 2012 5:50 AM

My wifi name is "get you own "

Heart's Soul March 26th, 2012 7:08 PM

There is a connection in my neighbor's house (stop not hiding your SSID) named 2WIRE216. My guess for a password- password. My other neighbor (across the street from my backyard, which is drgn.2d12. Wow.

twocows March 28th, 2012 8:07 AM

Mine will be King Arthur Net or Knights of the Round Net or something. All my computers are named after something with a relation to Arthurian legend; for example, the laptop I got after my first one died is "Excalibur" (fitting, since in the legend, King Arthur got Excalibur after losing the original sword in the stone).

vudw April 5th, 2012 10:19 PM

My router is named Eevee, and then I have the faster connection as Eeveon. Everything else of mine branched off of it, like my computer is generally an eeveelution name or a nickname of one of my eeveelutions. x3;

~V~ April 5th, 2012 11:30 PM

My roommate named our Wifi: CMUPartysEVRYFRI! CMU the place where I attend college. Funny enough we haven't had anyone come up to the house on Friday to see if there was a party.

droomph April 11th, 2012 10:00 AM

Hah mine is just "default". Anyone can access it, because my parents are too lazy to do anything about it.

mameshiba April 13th, 2012 12:02 PM

mine is a factory name GZIT2 but i saw one called "hide yo kids hide yo wifi"

wonjoon0330 April 18th, 2012 8:27 PM

Ours used to be dlink, because we had a dlink router and it was the default network name, but after seeing all of our neighbors pretty much had the same network name(dlink), we changed it to something like neko.

Originally Posted by xeenx77 (Post 7099789)
My wifi name is "get you own "

Originally Posted by droomph (Post 7126362)
Hah mine is just "default". Anyone can access it, because my parents are too lazy to do anything about it.

Oh my god, I almost had a heart attack from laughing lol

aRedMoon April 28th, 2012 2:12 PM

When I had my own, it was Mt. Olympus cuz we were cool like that. I'm currently connected to CiscoA6502 (no clue why) and looking at the list, I could connect to more if I wanted to...

Apple Inc. April 28th, 2012 5:39 PM

In my House the main used Router has the SSID "Dunder Mifflin Inc.", obviously a reference to The Office. And my phone's hotspot SSID is "BCTHS_Cafeteria" because I use it in my school and that fits the naming of the other three SSID's we operate (Guest, Student, and Faculty) So nobody will do real questioning when I use it.