Review Challenge! (February '12)
Running this successful challenge again! Everyone likes challenges, right? *proceeds to use previous version of thread for post*
How does it work?
Interested in taking part? All you have to do is sign up in this thread using the form posted below. Then, starting on February 1st (your time zone, whatever that may be), you can begin reviewing any story or poem posted here in FF&W. Just be sure to keep the section's rules in mind.
This means that your reviews need to be constructive. Don't just post "like ur story! it was good!" Point out specifics about the story you're reviewing, mentioning what you liked or didn't like. If your review can be posted to every story in this forum and make sense, it won't count for this challenge.
Use your post in this thread to keep track of your reviews. Just link to them so we can double-check everything.
Authors, if you would like a particular reviewer to read your story, check out their profile to find out how to contact them and ask them nicely. If we find out that you're pestering for reviews, it will be noted and no one will review your story for the challenge.
How Many Reviews?
You need to post 20 reviews between February 1st and February 29th in order to complete the challenge.
What do you get?
Aside from the satisfaction of bringing activity to FF&W and reviews to the authors here, you also get this emblem:
[b]Best Way to Contact:[/b]
Previous Reviewing Challenges
Looks like I'll have time to do this! I finished exams a week ago, so now I finally have the time to start doing random stuff I enjoy doing.
Best Way to Contact: PM/VM, either way works.
Review Style: When I first look at a story, I usually check for mechanics and typos or another. After that, I go everywhere. I can dive into looking at plot, characters, or if something even makes sense. So I'd say comprehensive, though inconsistent.
1. The Nova Travels - by treecko's awesomeness
2. Pokemon Johto Adventures 1 - by Volcanix769
3. Grant - by AtavanHalen343
4. Freedom Fighters - by DarkIceForever
5. Pokemon: A Johto Dream - by ROBO-BOY
6. The Ballad of Greg Thomas - by FourCartridge
7. Red with Envy - by Editman
8. Crossing Paths - by AmiEkcona
9. Aura's Adventures: Book 1, Rise of the Dark Rebellion - by [DoubleUber]
10. The Luster Chronicles rated T - by Nine-Toes
11. Project Z - by Venasaur
12. Chronicles of Innocence (Digimon) - by Legendarian Mistress
13. The Nova Travels (Chapter 7) - by treecko's awesomeness
14. Those That Came Before - by PhantomX0990
15. The Blacklist - by DForte
16. Love is Blind? - by gwenvar
17. Hanran Sentai JohtoRanger - by Digimon Kaiser
18. Arbok, Dawn, and Misty - by Brisingr122194
19. Bare Bones: A Trainer's Story - by makemymilk45
20. A Seer's Shadowy Path - by Electricmudkip
I still have holidays. This can only mean one thing.
Name: bobandbill I think
Best Way to Contact: VM, don't mind PMs either.
Review Style: I'll say what I like and don't like on whatever comes to mind when I read it basically (be it plot, characters, description, events, etc), and mention any instances of misspellings/grammatical errors and how to fix them.
1. My first two poems, gwenvar
2. Heart and Soul: Poems of a Samurai, SamuraiGallade
3. Diminutive Haiku + Haiku, lachash
4. Wings of War, AtavanHalen343
5. Blood and Snow, a Pokemon Zombie Apocalypse Story, PlayingAmongStars
6. Untitled, SeekerOfDarkness
7. Dragon Age: Champions, PhantomX0990
8. Pokemon VDD: Destiny Discovery (preview), Skara
9. The Ballad of Greg Thomas, FourCartridge
10. Diabetic Cappuccino, Toujours
11. Survival Project, diamondpearl876
12. Without Words, SeekerOfDarkness
13. A Seer's Shadowy Path, Electricmudkip
14. Hopping on Cloud Nine, psyanic
15. The Ballad of Greg Thomas (chapter 3-4), FourCartridge
16. The Colourless Ribbon, Yuki's Sword
17. The spiral of war, Maxter_g
18. Escalation, dash!
19. Crush Can, Mist_Ketchum
20. The Village, TheAmazingAipom
Good luck to all!
Oh, this looks fun. It'd be impossible for me to make time for it, of course, but it would be fun. Then again, I have to do my six impossible things before breakfast each day, so...
Best Way to Contact: VM/PM
Review Style: A little bit of everything, really. Grammar/spelling, logic, narrative flow, plot, characters... Whatever strikes me as necessary to be said. And so on and so forth. (Though I have noticed I have a tendency to get fixated on style.)
1. The Villain, by Dawn_Hero
2. Blood and Snow: A Pokémon Zombie Apocalypse, by PlayingAmongStars
3. Satirical Persuasive Essay for Honours, by AtavanHalen343
4. Hopping On Cloud Nine, by psyanic
5. Colony 9.0, by treecko's awesomeness
6. Untitled, by SeekerOfDarkness
7. The Orusa Adventures, by Oz37
8. The Nova Travels, by treecko's awesomeness
9. Battlefield, by miltankRancher
10. The Fall to Redemption, by Cypher DS
11. Survival Project, by diamondpearl876
12. Without Words, by SeekerOfDarkness
13. Blood and Snow: A Pokémon Zombie Apocalypse (Chapter Two), by PlayingAmongStars
14. TRINITY: A Cyberpunk Pokémon Fanfiction, by Shrike Flamestar
15. Hopping on Cloud Nine (Chapter One), by psyanic
16. November Echo Midnight, by teamVASIMR
17. The spiral of war, by Master_g
18. Wind and Rain: The Stormy Story of Team Cyclone, by SuperTrainStationH
19. Bare Bones: A Trainer's Story, by makemymilk45
20. The Village, by The AmazingAipom
Emblem will be on your way, psyanic. As soon as the forums feel like loading everything.
Congratulations on finishing the challenge!
Woo, I finished too on the last possible day! Very productive month for me.
I will....give myself emblem later I suppose.
Anyway, I'm glad that's over. I really didn't have the time to do it, and yet - I did. Ah, the mysteries of the universe.
*Misquotation entirely intentional, before someone points it out. I've altered the original meaning... considerably.
Congrats! Emblems given out now, so I suppose that concludes this month's challenge.
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:04 AM.|
© 2002 - 2015 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.
Use of PokéCommunity Assets
vB Optimise by DragonByte Technologies Ltd © 2015.